rangers have won - the decision has been referred back to appeal tribunal.

STV are sayimg we are still under an SPL embargo and can't sign over 18 players.

First I've heard of it.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/103765-rangers-win-court-of-session-appeal-against-scottish-fa-signing-ban/?

They are referring to the ban on transfers from being in admin. Once out of admin, the ban is lifted. Oh and the SFA can do one of the following.

a maximum fine of £100,000 to be imposed

in addition to this they can eject us from the Scottish Cup, suspend us (no clue), expulsion from participation in the game and/or termination of SFA membership.

All of them are essentially commercial suicide for the SFA so there is practically no chance of any of that happening as their sponsorship would vanish overnight.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it pretty funny that the SFA forced us to go down this route as the CAS was not an available appeals body for us...plus they didn't even follow the laws of the game THEY set. If anything FIFA may get involved but not to force punishment upon us but to punish the SFA directly for their complete ineptitude.

Now the shit hits the fan, ejection from the Scottish Cup is my best guess of what they will stitch us up with.

One question, is there any chance this could end up like FC Sion, if UEFA get involved?

Disgusting. There's fuck all you can do about that on twitter too. 'h**' is not deemed offensive apparently

No, but seeing as someone was up in court for a comment about bullets and lawell, I'd expect that such a post might also be considered illegal.

I find it pretty funny that the SFA forced us to go down this route as the CAS was not an available appeals body for us...plus they didn't even follow the laws of the game THEY set. If anything FIFA may get involved but not to force punishment upon us but to punish the SFA directly for their complete ineptitude.

Surely thats our argument right there on a plate should they try more funny business.

Utterly stupid.

Regan's job becoming nigh-on untenable

No, but seeing as someone was up in court for a comment about bullets and lawell, I'd expect that such a post might also be considered illegal.

Perhaps. By twitters rules though, its perfectly acceptable. Ha, there is a nice sort of connection with this and the SFA/Court clusterfuck today.

What are the possible punishmets? I would guess all would be better than a transfer ban. The expulsion one can be ruled out right away.

Can it? The SFA has been humiliated in court today. People react in strange ways to humiliation.

Surely thats our argument right there on a plate should they try more funny business.

Utterly stupid.

Regan's job becoming nigh-on untenable

Exactly mate, FIFA's appeals process is the CAS, we didn't have it available.

Made up on the fly Sanctions applied and even the fine couldn't be more than £100,000 :lol:

The good thing that could come out of this is that FIFA could essentially force the SFA to be restructured from the ground up.

Can it? The SFA has been humiliated in court today. People react in strange ways to humiliation.

Would you like to be one of the people on the Appeals Panel passing 'expulsion' of Rangers from the game? Can you imagine the reaction towards them.

I think we would all gladly miss the Scottish Cup for a bit, hate lining their pockets.

Surely fifa or uefa can only punish the SFA, they are the ones who have not followed there own rules. Its as simple as that.

Get a CVA agreed and then the SFA getting pumped off Uefa/Fifa would be some summer!

Can the SFA not petition UEFA to hand down a transfer embargo? I'm pretty sure that UEFA are the only organisation that can...

I can't honestly see the SFA giving up on this until they have punished us.

Now the shit hits the fan, ejection from the Scottish Cup is my best guess of what they will stitch us up with.

One question, is there any chance this could end up like FC Sion, if UEFA get involved?

Ejection from the Scottish Cup is hardly a punishment, if you ask me. Cup competitions are dying on their feet.

If we were expelled from the SFA we would be joining the English leagues straight away, the only reason the Football League dosent want to touch us is because they know we belong to the SFA, so if we no longer belong to anyone then boom....

If they try expulsion now they have gone 180 degrees from their 'expulsion was deemed too severe' ruling beforehand. They could technically do it but they would surely be showing corruption in doing so. Would be nearly impossible to justify. They might just well be that vindictive though

Well they could do that but then the SPL would turn to dust almost instantly with every sponsor pulling out.

They have been made to look like fools because they have abused the rules….they are being shown up for the corrupt inept arseholes they are.

If they try expulsion now they have gone 180 degrees from their 'expulsion was deemed too severe' ruling beforehand. They could technically do it but they would surely be showing corruption in doing so. Would be nearly impossible to justify. They might just well be that vindictive though

Restraint of trade.