Royal Family & Rangers

BEARGER

The majority of the royal family probably dont even know we exist. A player (i think it was either Bomber or The Goalie) stuck a photo in the home dressing room and its stuck. Thats it.

That just shows how much you really know :lol:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fed up with you to be perfectly honest. People can indeed read the threads and make up their own minds. I'll stick with the viewpoint that the club is open to people with all sorts of different viewpoints, and if you want to think any differently, then I cant tell you how to think.

You're fed up I couldn't give a fuck, you made a cunt of it and tried to shift the blame, get over it.

You're fed up I couldn't give a fuck, you made a cunt of it and tried to shift the blame, get over it.

That thread in question needed closed last night as it was cringe worthy.

He was clearly stating that anyone thinking you NEED to be pro monarchy to support the club was ridiculous as we have all types of people from all backgrounds who support The Rangers.

I'm fed up with you to be perfectly honest. People can indeed read the threads and make up their own minds. I'll stick with the viewpoint that the club is open to people with all sorts of different viewpoints, and if you want to think any differently, then I cant tell you how to think.

(tu)

Rangers is open to anyone who wants to support us. We are a reflection of the people.

Nothing to do with the King visiting Ibrox twice, someone said a Princess attended a Rangers game, the toast to the Monarchy at New Year by our directors... Did I miss anything?

Royalty visit grounds all over Britain every week.

Listen mate. Im all for the royal family, they do alot for our economy, not only in the uk, but scotland. We all know its a tradition to toast the queen in the directors office aswell. But does that mean we have a link to the monarch?

I was in a pub in the Yorkshire Dales before, and they gave everyone a free drink and toasted the queen at midnight, every single night. Doesnt mean thats the queens local boozer. They are proud of their british heritage, and royalists. As are we, but that doesnt mean the queen and the duke are looking up the gers scores on teletext every week.

Royalty visit grounds all over Britain every week.

Listen mate. Im all for the royal family, they do alot for our economy, not only in the uk, but scotland. We all know its a tradition to toast the queen in the directors office aswell. But does that mean we have a link to the monarch?

I was in a pub in the Yorkshire Dales before, and they gave everyone a free drink and toasted the queen at midnight, every single night. Doesnt mean thats the queens local boozer. They are proud of their british heritage, and royalists. As are we, but that doesnt mean the queen and the duke are looking up the gers scores on teletext every week.

If I'm working to your logic that a player hanging a picture of the Queen on the wall of the dressing room is a link, then the one I referred to is indeed a strong one. Yes.

Also, your following points are both awful and irrelevant. We'll stop this discussion there.

That thread in question needed closed last night as it was cringe worthy.

He was clearly stating that anyone thinking you NEED to be pro monarchy to support the club was ridiculous as we have all types of people from all backgrounds who support The Rangers.

You clearly didn't read anything in the thread last night. I asked of any others fans didn't really bother with royals and was accused of being " a bheast". I said it was ridiculous that not supporting the monarchy seems to make me less of a fan than someone who does. If you had to ask me do I think it's ridiculous that some people think if you don't support the monarchy then you're a tim? You're damn right I think it's ridiculous and intolerant. But it's their opinion and since this isnt a fascist state, I'm entitled to mines too, as are others on here who agreed with me.

While Mountbatten was particularly inept, he was let down by a lot of advice he received, and he perhaps was an unfair victim of genuine belief in the liberal idea of India as espoused by Gandhi and Nehru, rather than the divisive ideas of Jinnah.

What I think is most unfortunate about him, is that he was the last figure of the Empire, at a time when historiographical perceptions were becoming very anti colonial and imperial and clouded judgements of historians. Revisionism of the Empire has become to take a more balanced view of things, I'd expect in the next 10 years someone to write a biography on Mountbatten addressing this, while still showing and highlighting his obvious failings.

Good to see you posting on here again!

FFS it's not about whether they support the Rangers or not and i'd imagine they don't

I'm a Royalist / supporter of the Monarchy because my father was & his father before him, very proud men who served under the Queen for this great Union, them and my uncles were the first people to take me to Ibrox and for as far back as i can remember i have always known of our proud association to her Majesty.

for Rangers fans to come on here on the Jubilee weekend is an absolute insult IMO.

Eh??? You bring serious?!

"For Rangers fans to come on here on the jubilee weekend is an absolute insult"

There's a few things wrong with that statement, for a start you posted it on jubilee weekend, so straight away you are contradicting yourself!

Secondly it's an insult to who, I presume you mean the royal family? I doubt they will care!

And from what I can make of your statement, if you support Rangers you should be celebrating the Jubilee? I guess we don't have any fans who are not actually British then?

Just for the record, I shall be celebrating the Jubilee, but to say that ALL Rangers fans must celebrate it is silly talk!

The majority of the royal family probably dont even know we exist. A player (i think it was either Bomber or The Goalie) stuck a photo in the home dressing room and its stuck. Thats it.

There has been a picture of the Queen in our dressing room ever since i was a young boy, and that was many many years ago.

There has been a picture of the Queen in our dressing room ever since i was a young boy, and that was many many years ago.

Maybe it has mate. The last time i took the stadium tour, the guy taking it span me the goram/brown line. Maybe he was just talking pish for the crowd.

I think those that do not support the monarchy have no place at Ibrox

I think those that would cause division and censorship based on differences in opinion have no place in a modern society. But, aren't we lucky we live in Britain where we have the right to freedom of speech.

King George held an investiture at Ibrox back around the First World War. After that, I couldn't really say.

I'm sure thats what that film the kings speech is about.

cant quite remember the details, but I think his first public speech after therapy was in Ibrox

I think those that would cause division and censorship based on differences in opinion have no place in a modern society. But, aren't we lucky we live in Britain where we have the right to freedom of speech.

You succeeded on both counts.

You succeeded on both counts.

Elaborate where I said noone had the right to voice there opinion and that thy were not welcome because of a difference? Nowhere. That's what I've been arguing for through the torrent of abuse I received for daring to be a fan of Rangers without subscribing to the usual stuff that comes with it. I'm not a proddy either, I'm agnostic. Is that going to be a problem too?

(tu)

Rangers is open to anyone who wants to support us. We are a reflection of the people./quote]

Sorry? what exactly do you mean by tht statement boss, I must be getting old or senile never heard of any other team chanting "we are the people" and for others not to know what we are referring to, could you enlighten me please? x