Royal Family & Rangers

BEARGER

FFS it's not about whether they support the Rangers or not and i'd imagine they don't

I'm a Royalist / supporter of the Monarchy because my father was & his father before him, very proud men who served under the Queen for this great Union, them and my uncles were the first people to take me to Ibrox and for as far back as i can remember i have always known of our proud association to her Majesty.

for Rangers fans to come on here on the Jubilee weekend is an absolute insult IMO.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I just read through the locked topic, in which I made several posts.

What a statement for a mod to make.

Embarrassed? For supporting the Royal Family, I dont fucken think so. But if thats his opinion then..........

That's not what he said that people should be embarrassed about.

Princess Anne attend the Scottish Cup Final when Tam Forsyth blooter the winner in from 6" :-)

Actually it was Princess Alexandra (Cousin of the Queen and George V's youngest granddaughter) who was there that day 5/5/1973 - I cannot think of anything more recent.

What have you got to suggest they like Rangers 2daludaludalu?

As I mentioned before I spoke to prince William at the time he was at university at St Andrews, and he said his favourite Scottish team is Rangers. Also the late great Queen Mother had a corgi called Ranger who she named after us. By the way Ranger was a vicious wee so and so and actually killed one of the queens other corgis.

Her Majesty is an Arsenal fan allegedly.

And William and Harry support Charlton and Aston Villa, not sure which way round though.

But my fuckers................i did find this online,

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2009/02/16/is-the-queen-a-bluenose-rangers-fan-606/

THE Queen has a picture of the Rangers football squad hanging on the walls of Buckingham Palace.

A Glasgow MP was stunned to discover the framed photo during a tour of Her Majesty’s home.

Now Labour’s Ian Davidson is probing to find out whether Queen Elizabeth is a closet fan of the Ibrox outfit.

Even after yesterday’s (Sunday) old firm showdown with Celtic, the discovery set Rangers internet fan forums ablaze with celebration.

Mr Davidson couldn’t believe his eyes when he stumbled across the squad photo during a trip for MPs last month.

He said: “I couldn’t find out if it belongs to the Queen, Prince Philip, another member of the Royal family or maybe another member of staff.

“It may well be that there are secret supporters of Rangers among the Royals.

“I don’t know if any of them has a season ticket for Ibrox but I’m sure if they wanted to see any of the players in the flesh arrangements could be made.”

Mr Davidson’s Glasgow South West ward takes in Ibrox stadium, where some sections of Gers fans already refer to their team as “the Queen’s 11.”

He was at the London palace as a member of the Public Accounts Committee, inspecting how the Crown spends its maintenance budget.

He told of how he came across team photo while browsing the grand galleries inside the Royal household.

He said: “We made our way through the main entrance and up the grand stairways and spectacular galleries with the collection of Old Masters.

“As we went towards the roof we passed by a room where I spotted the photograph of the Rangers squad hanging on a wall.

“I couldn’t tell if it was a current team photo but it was definitely Rangers as the club name was printed across the top.”

Stunned to find what he thinks is evidence of what many Rangers long suspected, Mr Davidson asked the Royal tour guide what the photo was doing there.

Mr Davidson said: “And at the committee meeting a short time later I told the Keeper of the Privy Purse that the only picture I recognised was that of the Rangers team.

“He laughed and replied it probably wasn’t part of the Royal Collection and hadn’t been adequately catalogued.

“But he added he would certainly look into it, so it might appear as part of the Royal Collection at a later date.”

Graeme Souness is said to have hung a picture of the Queen on the team dressing room wall when he became Rangers manager in 1986.

The late Queen Mother made a visit to Ibrox in 1938.

Having read your stuff through again, I can only conclude that either you've got some sort of agenda against me, or haven't read my posts properly.

How is saying that we should accept supporters with a wide range of political opinions 'nonsense'?

Lets start again here is your post in full.

What a car crash of a thread.

To be honest, it wasn't the best subject to bring up on a Rangers forum, but the people who have implied that you need to subscribe to a certain socio-political identikit to support Rangers have embarrassed themselves.

Thread closed.

People can make up their own minds, you also implied in another post that I introduced a certain socio-political identikit when in fact it was you who introduced it.

The thread in question was no more than a naked taig attempt at testing the waters, unfortunately or fortunately for whatever reasons the author had in mind many rallied to the Flag and the Monarchy as I would have expected.

As for having an agenda against you, perhaps your view of your own self importance is clouding your view on that, I have more important things going on like my Monarch's Diamond Jubilee to celebrate.

I have no intention of letting any taig/republican orientated snide and completely uncalled for remarks deflect me from that goal.

Fuck the anti-Monarchy and republican peddling no marks.

God Save The Queen.

I'm sure djw1992 said that the folk implying you have to support the Royal Family to be a Rangers fan were embarrassing and not that you should be embarrassed for supporting the Royals.

It was a sweeping statement, not only for supporting the Royal Family. If thats what he meant, he should've said that, instead of trying to sound clever.

You know, many Rangers fans will support the club purely for football reasons. They should be accepted whether they support the Monarch or not.

/thread

You are going to be searching for eternity to find where I ever said that they shouldn't.

Maybe you think that for some reason the association given to The Rangers world wide for loyalty to the Crown is a fallacy, maybe you think the Loving Cup tradition should be disbanded.

You are going to be searching for eternity to find where I ever said that they shouldn't.

Maybe you think that for some reason the association given to The Rangers world wide for loyalty to the Crown is a fallacy, maybe you think the Loving Cup tradition should be disbanded.

I'm not saying it should, I'm all for tradition and respect the cup.

I just disapprove statements like "if you don't support the Monarch you're no bear/taig"

Finally, my last post wasn't specifically talking about the points you have been making. Just my general opinion of all the arguing that's been going on.

The majority of the royal family probably dont even know we exist. A player (i think it was either Bomber or The Goalie) stuck a photo in the home dressing room and its stuck. Thats it.

Nothing to do with the King visiting Ibrox twice, someone said a Princess attended a Rangers game, the toast to the Monarchy at New Year by our directors... Did I miss anything?

As I mentioned before I spoke to prince William at the time he was at university at St Andrews, and he said his favourite Scottish team is Rangers. Also the late great Queen Mother had a corgi called Ranger who she named after us. By the way Ranger was a vicious wee so and so and actually killed one of the queens other corgis.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-204625/Annes-dog-kills-Queens-corgi.html

I'm not saying it should, I'm all for tradition and respect the cup.

I just disapprove statements like "if you don't support the Monarch you're no bear/taig"

Finally, my last post wasn't specifically talking about the points you have been making. Just my general opinion of all the arguing that's been going on.

No probs m8. :uk: :uk: :uk: