Charles Green statement on todays meeting

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it.....

It says not a lot...

And while I like most/all of us would welcome the re-naming of the training facility for this to be a major topic in the current climate smacks of playing to the crowd.

Is that harsh???

Could be playing to the crowd mate, but in the end the proof will be in the pudding.

Nothing new in that statement except that if you buy a season ticket you can choose a new name for Auchenhowie.Not part off the statement but has he given any sort off proof of funding to those that attended ?

And the rest of the meeting went like.............

Sons of William burgers.....................I thought it was a waste of time this meeting and it seems to have been this way. As mentioned previously I would not have had a meeting with and fans group until the deal was done and dusted.

he Rangers Fans Fighting Fund issued the following statement following their meeting with Charles Green today.

A RFFF spokesman:" we had a constructive meeting today. Mr Green is fully aware of the issues we are concerned with but we made good progress in discussions today.

"The main thing is getting the CVA approved. Once that happens fans will see that as a major milestone.

"There will be other milestones and if they are passed succesfully it will be beneficial for the Club and the fans."

not much info coming from the meeting.

he Rangers Fans Fighting Fund issued the following statement following their meeting with Charles Green today.

A RFFF spokesman:" we had a constructive meeting today. Mr Green is fully aware of the issues we are concerned with but we made good progress in discussions today.

"The main thing is getting the CVA approved. Once that happens fans will see that as a major milestone.

"There will be other milestones and if they are passed succesfully it will be beneficial for the Club and the fans."

not much info coming from the meeting.

I'm not sure as to what issues we are concerned with so maybe this spokesman should tell us exactly what has been said.

Milestones..........so obviously they have been told more and quite frankly if they have and are not saying, then what a fucking cheek they havemad.gif

I agree with those who think the renaming of MP was a bit of a crowd pleaser, but i cant really blame Green. Much like Bartley clattered Brown on his OF debut, i understand the guy wanting the majority on his side. Hope hes as forthcoming about funds and investors when he needs to be. PS Davie Cooper Academy for me.

it should be renamed the ally mccoist training park imho. he deserves the recognition as he is the "greatest" ever ranger in my eyes.

tbh im not interested in renaming murray park atm. there is much more pressing issuse to be tackled.

when will we get a statement from whoever was at this meeting?

Why do I get the feeling the renaming of Murray Park (which I agree with) is a sop to the fans and an attempt to buy us off? The jury is still out for me.

I agree with you m8, I will not renew until movement on the SFA/SPL handicap be like having a three legged racehorse.

renaming sounds good but just one small thing... we have always been told that murray park WAS NOT a youth academy, so why academy in the 2 name choices? is it now going to be an emphasis on youth from now on?

as for names although both very obvious choices i would like to throw another into the mix....

the William Wilton park...... wilton IMHO is a very often overlooked in our history when he was a very large part of it.

1. It's a sop to the fans, of course it is, but that probably doesn't matter.

2. Of the choices, it should obviously be named after Moses McNeil. We simply wouldn't be here today without Moses and the other four (including Tom Vallance). Without being disrespectful, the same cannot be said about the late, great Davie Cooper. (I think it's more historically accurate to view us being founded by a group of friends rather than an individual, so I would have used "Founders", but hey ho.)

3. If the word "Academy" is to be used, it must become an academy, something it has simply has not been until now - it's been a training facility.

(Edit: Moses Academy actually sounds better than Moses McNeil Academy.)

"We will be asking supporters to vote when they renew their season tickets".

Why does the cynic in me think this is just a ploy to get the fans onside and encourage us to renew season tickets.

Need more details on members of consortium, plans for future, funding and cash flow for next season before i get too excited about changing the name of m*rray park.

I think re-naming the training ground is all well and good, but to mention it now smacks of trying to curry favour.

He'll need all the goodwill he can get when the CVA gets binned.