Out Of Contract Players

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Green said were close to breaking even. I take that to mean a big chunk of that 10mil has been plugged!

Don't forget that it will be partly due to a massive wage cut for a large part of the season. Also, you have a large amount of debt, potentially, to be paid off leaving us debt free.

So you can't assume that the figures are representative or even indicative. Indeed, this season is far from financially normal in our history. Let's hope that applies to the future too.

Its not that we cant afford to have a couple of players on upwards of 20,000 a week. Whats really hurt us is having players who aren't worth 20,000 a week who still get it.That and sociopaths running the club.

One of the reported goals for our new owners is success in the CL. I take that to mean actually qualifying in the first place and staying in Europe beyond xmas. If they realistically want to achieve this then a certain quality of player is needed. There are players out there, especially on a free, that would would be a sound investment.

If Weiss was out of contract, we could potentially get him on a free, pay him 2 million in wages over 2 years and sell him on for a profit. Does that make less sense from a business perspective than paying the same for Jelavic in wages and his transfer fee.

If these new owners have the money and are looking to make money then its entirely possible. This practice would certainly fall into the category of maximizing the clubs potential revenue. There's obviously a few very big ifs and buts. Most notably 'do we have the money'.

At least we're talking about the football side of the club though guys.

Gauttoso is one who pinned his colours to the mast.

Had a scan to see what other Rangers men are available..

Mad Vlad is out of contract..

If we can keep Aluko, sign Rino, Keep Naisy & sign Vlad..

We got the best midfield in the country..

Great post!

Agree with all u say !

Gauttoso is one who pinned his colours to the mast.

Had a scan to see what other Rangers men are available..

Mad Vlad is out of contract..

If we can keep Aluko, sign Rino, Keep Naisy & sign Vlad..

We got the best midfield in the country..

As things stand, with everyone fit we already have the best midfield in the country.

I don't buy in whole Weiss love-in. Fair enough, he showed a bit of passion and clearly enjoyed his time at Rangers, but I just never saw what others have seen in him. Inconsistent and simply didn't produce enough, and when he did, it was against the smaller teams. I know it's probably not even a possibility, but I wouldn't take him on a high wage at all, a poor man's Aluko.

Its not that we cant afford to have a couple of players on upwards of 20,000 a week. Whats really hurt us is having players who aren't worth 20,000 a week who still get it.That and sociopaths running the club.

One of the reported goals for our new owners is success in the CL. I take that to mean actually qualifying in the first place and staying in Europe beyond xmas. If they realistically want to achieve this then a certain quality of player is needed. There are players out there, especially on a free, that would would be a sound investment.

If Weiss was out of contract, we could potentially get him on a free, pay him 2 million in wages over 2 years and sell him on for a profit. Does that make less sense from a business perspective than paying the same for Jelavic in wages and his transfer fee.

If these new owners have the money and are looking to make money then its entirely possible. This practice would certainly fall into the category of maximizing the clubs potential revenue. There's obviously a few very big ifs and buts. Most notably 'do we have the money'.

At least we're talking about the football side of the club though guys.

I believe I saw it suggested that some in the Green consortium are prepared to fund players on the basis that the player is contracted to the club sponsor who then "lends" him to the club. Any profit from a subsequent player sale then goes to the sponsoring stakeholder and not to the club. I don't know if this is happening in other leagues across Europe and would welcome any info from the Bears.

Don't forget that it will be partly due to a massive wage cut for a large part of the season. Also, you have a large amount of debt, potentially, to be paid off leaving us debt free.

So you can't assume that the figures are representative or even indicative. Indeed, this season is far from financially normal in our history. Let's hope that applies to the future too.

True m8

Hope we're all laughing Thursday bud! :)

I hope so mate would be the best early birthday present ever if it worlds out well for us we can all wish for the best but better to prepare for the worst then when it works out its a brilliant suprise that's how I look at it anyway.

I hope so mate would be the best early birthday present ever if it worlds out well for us we can all wish for the best but better to prepare for the worst then when it works out its a brilliant suprise that's how I look at it anyway.

Cautious but optimistic...I think that applies to all of us!

:)

Cautious but optimistic...I think that applies to all of us!

:)

I think so would be mad to think any other way just now noone knows whether to trust Green or not and everything else around the club at the moment.

I just want it over one way or another tbh we will survive but the uncertainty surrounding us is heartbreaking.