The players, free agents or not?

I am confused. Under the newco scenario, do the players contracts automatically transfer over or are they free agents?

And now we know it is newco, then when are we out of administration through newco and so when can we sign Rino?

1. They automatically transfer over, but any player is allowed to say "No, I'm walking away" with no repercussions.. according to the Players' Union I believe.
  2. When everything is officially sorted, but I'd imagine we'd need to be in the SPL to sign him. Would he come to Division 3? Would we pay £12,000 wages in Division 3? Unlikely.

automatically all contracts are transferred to a newco. but if the players wish to opt out (and essentially become free agents) they may do so.

i would imagine some players will opt out in the near future due to a lack of european football. some players will wait to see what league we are playing in.

Players are automatically released but are then free to resign with us if they wish. Retaining players will depend if we remain in the SPL, and PLEASE forget about England the FA will NOT entertain an application from a Scottish team as long as the SFA is still in place. Best case scenario is remaining in the SPL and boycotting ALL away games, St.Johnstone, ICT, Aberdeen and Dundee Hibs will all be following Rangers into administration by Easter.

Anything handed out by the SFA/SPL is handed out to the club, not the company (tu)

(tu) Thanks mate.

I know it's the last thing on our minds right now, but I was just wondering if this may have helped us sign players. We'll still need to wait until the tribunal hearing for that then.

Cheers

Players are automatically released but are then free to resign with us if they wish. Retaining players will depend if we remain in the SPL, and PLEASE forget about England the FA will NOT entertain an application from a Scottish team as long as the SFA is still in place. Best case scenario is remaining in the SPL and boycotting ALL away games, St.Johnstone, ICT, Aberdeen and Dundee Hibs will all be following Rangers into administration by Easter.

This is not true, stop giving wrong information out. The players contracts are automatically transferred to the NewCo however they can specifically choose to opt out of this and leave. They are not automatically released.

1. They automatically transfer over, but any player is allowed to say "No, I'm walking away" with no repercussions.. according to the Players' Union I believe.

Whilst I do believe this is what will happen, was it not the case that when Miller was the PB, the SFA challenged what the Players Union said, and claimed that the contracts would be automatically transferred over?

Once again we have been absolutely shafted, all players can walk away and Andy Goram just said on Sky he knows a few who really want to leave. However sad it may be but when all is said and done, we will have people who bleed Rangers, truly want to play for the club no matter where. Someone said to me "oh theyll leave cos they are not in europe". Yes its nice to be there, but it can be an embarrasing experience, I have been at Ibrox in the rain after two own goals have scored, depressing.

This is why I don't get why people are really desperate for Division 3

Like it or lump it, we will retain a few players if we stay in the SPL. Go to division 3 and we will be playing with whatever remains of the youth squad.

It seems to me most people who are desperate for division 3 are wanting to go just to hurt other teams. Do many actually believe it is the best thing for Rangers going forward?

We wouldn't even be sure things to get of division 3, 2, 1 at 1st time of asking with the players we'd be left with.

This is why I don't get why people are really desperate for Division 3

Like it or lump it, we will retain a few players if we stay in the SPL. Go to division 3 and we will be playing with whatever remains of the youth squad.

Is it such a bad thing to nurture our young players and move through the divisions

We would still be able to retain most of our starlets and attract the best this country has to offer

3-4 years we are back challenging for the SPL (or what is left of it) with a maturing group of battle hardened players (and fans) who have experienced the hard times

Whilst I do believe this is what will happen, was it not the case that when Miller was the PB, the SFA challenged what the Players Union said, and claimed that the contracts would be automatically transferred over?

Yes, they will be automatically transferred over, but because of the situation of an insolvency event and what not, they are apparently entitled to walk from it for free under the TUPE legislation or something.

It seems to me most people who are desperate for division 3 are wanting to go just to hurt other teams. Do many actually believe it is the best thing for Rangers going forward?

We wouldn't even be sure things to get of division 3, 2, 1 at 1st time of asking with the players we'd be left with.

Hell, I feel the same. Would love to see the idiots of the SPL see how they'd fare without us. Sensible head on though, I don't see enough advantages to justify it. I guess we'll see what happens with the vote. Out of our hands

Think Green has said that our wage bill would be cut by £7m per season if a newco was formed, so by that i'm guessing players contracts will be transfered over but some may have to be sold. A £7m saving is a heck of a lot in real terms probably means Davis,Whittaker, Mcgregor and maybe about 2 or 3 other of the highest earners will be on the way out.

Reckon we'll see a few guys come in on bosmans from the balkans and areas like that where the wages are not really that high to replace them.

Is it such a bad thing to nurture our young players and move through the divisions

We would still be able to retain most of our starlets and attract the best this country has to offer

3-4 years we are back challenging for the SPL (or what is left of it) with a maturing group of battle hardened players (and fans) who have experienced the hard times

You nurture the very young but lose the ones we've been nurturing for years. I have no confidence at all in the likes of Perry, Fleck, McCabe and Ness sticking with us if we are in division 3, and rightly so. Could easily stifle their promising futures.

There are simply no guarentees that the guys who we'd be left with would be capable of getting out of the third division, let alone making it to the SPL.

Can we not nurture them playing in the SPL against better players? Instead of playing against guys who have just done a 40hour weeks work and are no better than amateurs.

all players are now in a great position as they can increase their wage demands due to no transfer fee being involved. I can only now dream of naismith and aluko as a partnership. I don't think we will ever see it even if we remain in the spl as the players have took a wage cut and this argument will be used for them to leave, citing they have done their bit.

Incorrect. TUPE applies. Players can opt out, not opt in at point of transfer.