also return with an offer that is higher than the price Green has arranged with

the club's administrators.

A third, new bidder also intends to make a bid, having previously carried out

due diligence.

All three groups believe the combination of higher purchase offers and the

widespread belief among creditors that the £5.5m price undervalues the business

and Ibrox, Murray Park and Albion car park, might be enough to pressure Duff

& Phelps into backing out of their agreement with Green. The administrators

insist that they have a binding contract with the Yorkshireman's consortium, but

Herald Sport also understands Green has not yet raised all of the £5.5m, so may

be unable to complete the purchase.

Green and Paul Clark, of Duff & Phelps, are adamant nothing would prevent

their deal being completed following the Company Voluntary Arrangement vote at

tomorrow's creditors' meeting. HMRC have indicated they will vote against the

CVA proposal, which then prompts Green's deal to buy the business and assets for

£5.5m. A creditor can challenge this by claiming the assets are undervalued, but

that can be difficult to prove.

However, HMRC may apply pressure to Duff & Phelps to accept one of the

new, higher offers, particularly if Green has not raised the full finance. Dave

King, the Rangers director and the club's second highest shareholder, has also

threatened to halt proceedings by seeking an injunction. "There is, in my view,

no possibility Green will ever own the club," King said.

Herald Sport also understands one of the investors in Green's consortium is

Rafat Rizvi, a British citizen who was once on Interpol's wanted list after

being accused of stealing assets from Indonesia's Bank Century two years ago, a

charge which he denied. Herald Sport believes that Rizvi is investing £2m in

Green's Sevco consortium, with Mike McDonald, the former Sheffield United

chairman, investing a further £2m. A third investor had agreed to put in £4m,

but pulled out last weekend.

The Blue Knights, Bill Ng's Singapore consortium and a UK group all lodged

bids before Duff & Phelps chose Green's offer.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a clue what is going on....

I would love TBK to come to our rescue but I just cant see all this happening we are clutching at straws now.

I'm not so sure TBK will be making another bid but there does remain interest from others.

The problem is the agreement may well be binding so it may come down to whether or not Green has the full £5.5million. As of yesterday he hadn't provided D&P with this cash.

The rumoured involvement of Rafat Rizvi is rather worrying as well so it's up to Green to put our minds at ease tomorrow when he promised details of his investors.

Ah, more nonsense. It seems it never ends.

This entire article is pure conjecture Herald Sport understands seems to be a license for them to then make alot of unfounded claims and statements, as soon as i see a phrase like this or "a source said" my bulls**t detector goes into overdrive.

Paul Clark of Duff & Phelps, said: "We're disappointed but we've structured a deal with Charles Green so that if, for whatever reason, a CVA couldn't be concluded, we still had the fall back of a new company and an asset sale which would mean Rangers Football Club would survive and can continue."

He also ruled out any late intervention by groups such as the Blue Knights, adding: "Even if they did, we've got a binding agreement."

Clark believed that HMRC opposed the CVA because "they feel that because of the company's previous delinquency on its tax payments and their general concerns over EBTs, they felt the monies being offered to them were simply not enough".

Rangers are also awaiting the result of "the big tax case" on alleged misuse of EBTs.

Clark also detailed what he expected to happen next. "We assume, regardless of what the other creditors' views are, on Thursday, around late morning/ lunchtime, the CVA will be rejected and we think the meeting will now be a very short one," he said.

"What we'll be seeking to do as soon as possible following that rejection is to finalise and formalise the sale of the business and assets, effectively picking up everything that is currently residing in Rangers plc and moving it to a new company which will then become the corporate shell for the Rangers FC.

"The whole point is not to allow the football club to do anything other then exist. It's just to change the name over the door if you will."

He expected it would take "six to 10 weeks" to liquidate the company and confirmed talks had taken place with the SFA and the SPL "about the implications of a newco". He added: "What we would hope is the SPL will look favourably on the newco's position. The precise terms of how that works I will probably leave to the SPL and Charles Green to comment on going forward."

Asked if and when a newco could sign players, Clark said: "It's part of the discussion between what newco looks like and what it negotiates with the football authorities. I don't think it's an automatic ban. We've always said you can divorce the club from the corporate shell it sits in.

"The football club will be intact. That's what had the penalties and embargos imposed upon it therefore, I think Charles Green and the football club will need to look at the entity that was given the punishment and decide how that looks going forward."

He had no information on when the big tax case would be decided. "I don't think it would have made any difference had we known about it or not," he said. "We would have known whether HMRC were nearer £20m or £100m in creditor claims but they've made it clear that had no influence on their decision."