Don't bother coming back

Just a quick one to say how pissed off I am with people I thought were true Rangers fans. In the last few months and days I've been told by workmates and friends who are season ticket holders and/or go to as many games as they can that if Rangers become a newco then they will never go see them again. Well I'll tell you what, cheerio. Don't bother coming back. Fucking glory hunters.

To me being a real Rangers supporter is being there through the bad times and not just the good. It's easy to support a team who win all the time. It's difficult to support a team who are in real trouble. All you folk who are saying you won't be back, why don't you go and support Barcelona or man united. Enjoy yourselves. I'll be buying my season ticket as usual and I'll be there next season no matter what league we play in.

I'll see you all in a few years when we are at the top of the pile again and you decide you want to be a Rangers supporter again.

Rant over.

Just a quick one to say how pissed off I am with people I thought were true Rangers fans. In the last few months and days I've been told by workmates and friends who are season ticket holders and/or go to as many games as they can that if Rangers become a newco then they will never go see them again. Well I'll tell you what, cheerio. Don't bother coming back. Fucking glory hunters.

To me being a real Rangers supporter is being there through the bad times and not just the good. It's easy to support a team who win all the time. It's difficult to support a team who are in real trouble. All you folk who are saying you won't be back, why don't you go and support Barcelona or man united. Enjoy yourselves. I'll be buying my season ticket as usual and I'll be there next season no matter what league we play in.

I'll see you all in a few years when we are at the top of the pile again and you decide you want to be a Rangers supporter again.

Whole heartedly agree the squad will need us more than ever right now, the club needs us more than ever right now

I Don't do walking away as far as I can see, Rangers Football CLUB is still there, the only thing that will be gone is Rangers plc and the way Rangers plc has been run for the past 30 years I am NO supporter of Rangers plc.

No ones ever said this to me and i know a lot of Rangers supporters.

Maybe its the new age fan who prefers glory over the club.

I wish that were true but I'm talking about fans who were going in the early eighties when not many for were and there was very little glory to be had.

The glory hunters will quickly be identified, we didn't need them in the 80's and we don't need them now.

If Rangers to some is only about winning trophies and being number 1 then they need to go back to the start and read up on our club.

I know a couple folk who won’t be back, and its nothing to do with glory. This is older guys who were there all through the barren years of the 80s. One through the tarriers 9iaR.

They are chucking it because they see this as the final straw as they have been feeling increasingly detatched from the club they loved and grew up with, and no longer recognise what it has become.

Well Stef, as you know My DAD!!!!!!!! and Uncle have said this very thing, I had a full blown arguement with him last night, personnally I think it is an excuse, I told him last night, the best years of my life so far, were going to the football with my dad, and because of this nonsense view of ''its no longer Rangers'' is completely bull shite.

His Grandson was the youngest season ticket holder at Ibrox and I cannot wait to have my boy say, '' The best years of my life were going to see the Rangers with my dad '' Instead Grandad Dunny will be sitting in the house kiddin on he doesnt like the new Rangers !!!!!!!

Doin my head in these people !!

in my opinion it can only be a good thing to weed out the glory hunters who only follow us for success, its only a minority and with the likes of these people gone it will only make us stronger and more united. we will be back to claim 55 and counting..

Not going to lie, if it was a brand new club, no history, no foundations then I along with many others probably couldn't follow on. Rangers Football Club is my Club, as it is 90% of the members of this forum.

Rangers Football Club, with 54 titles, 33 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups and one European Cup Winners' Cup trophy will always remain.

It may be a Newco, it may be in the 3rd Division, it may not even have Ally McCoist as Manager but nevertheless, a change in Company and Corporate Shell should not be a reason to stop following a team.

I'm with you OP - cheerio to all these so called "fans" who "can't go and watch the team again", if that's your attitude then so be it but don't expect to be welcomed back when the good times roll again.

Well Stef, as you know My DAD!!!!!!!! and Uncle have said this very thing, I had a full blown arguement with him last night, personnally I think it is an excuse, I told him last night, the best years of my life so far, were going to the football with my dad, and because of this nonsense view of ''its no longer Rangers'' is completely bull shite.

His Grandson was the youngest season ticket holder at Ibrox and I cannot wait to have my boy say, '' The best years of my life were going to see the Rangers with my dad '' Instead Grandad Dunny will be sitting in the house kiddin on he doesnt like the new Rangers !!!!!!!

Doin my head in these people !!

Mate I cannae believe it. I thought your da was one of the biggest bluenoses I've ever met in my life. I'm hoping he's just upset and will be back when he realises what he has said.

maybe the current situation will give us a much needed 'weed out'. People need to recognise Rangers are much bigger than an assembley of the best players we can afford from the 4 corners of the globe in an attempt to win the title and get to the CL group stages every year. It's about the people of this city & a legacy. Football is about swings & roundabouts, highs & lows. We had a 3 year high of being champions. We could be in a for a 3 year period of rebuilding, and if it means goign through the divisions... meh, it could be fun and the support can really shine. When Juventus got relegated for match fixing im sure the fans would have damn near feinted at the thought of Juve dropping a division, but in the grand scheme of things, spending a year gubbing everybody in a shitter division is no sweat and in a few more yearsf rom now they will probably win a Serie A title and the dark days will be completely forgotten about.

Mate I cannae believe it. I thought your da was one of the biggest bluenoses I've ever met in my life. I'm hoping he's just upset and will be back when he realises what he has said.

See. Its easy to dismiss it as glory hunting.

But I've found it more the older generation, who just see this as them having had enough of modern football, and the club having changed so much that they no longer feel the same attraction and pull.

Same as the guys who have been drifting away over the last 2 years; increased prices, crap atmospheres in crap stadiums watching crap football, overpaid players, crooks running the show and running it into the ground.

Its miles away from what they fell in love with as kids.

Our grandchildren will hear the stories of how Rangers were close to extinction in the year 2012 and how the scum at Celtic; Aberdeen; Hibernian and Dundee Utd were laughing.

They will hear though how our fans stood by our club through the thick of it and how we came out bigger and stronger, singing our songs and flying our flag. They will hear how the world looked on in astonishment at these magnificent fans and gained even more support. They will hear how in the space of a few years we bounced back and re-claimed our Title as Scotland's Champions and how we became known across the globe as Scotland's UNDISPUTED Pride.

Of course when telling these stories Celtic Park would have been nuked with the bhoys inside and their only question will be "Who are Celtic?" - that's a story for when you're older we shall say.

He who laughs last laughs longest. Our Pride has not Gone.

Rangers Then, Rangers Now, Rangers FOREVER

anyone who doesn't think so can fuck off, the OP has got it spot on if you cant take the bad things in life you Dont deserve the fucking good things so if you cant take our troubles head on then you can get to fuck if you think you can enjoy our greater moments!