Don't bother coming back

See. Its easy to dismiss it as glory hunting.

But I've found it more the older generation, who just see this as them having had enough of modern football, and the club having changed so much that they no longer feel the same attraction and pull.

Same as the guys who have been drifting away over the last 2 years; increased prices, crap atmospheres in crap stadiums watching crap football, overpaid players, crooks running the show and running it into the ground.

Its miles away from what they fell in love with as kids.

Bud that happens not just because of the current situation..the lifeblood of the club is the up and coming generations, has to be this way..life changes....I have hardly been to an away game game in the last ten years...40 years ago I would have laughed/argued with you that this would never happen. But it does just natural progression the problem will arise if that age group in late teens mid twenties fall away that will create problems through time.

People talk about the years when our so called lack of success was spread out over a longer period.but the bond that was forged during this time was fantastic and has stood the test of time with guys from those days..and when that success came boy did we party. You are right in the game from supporting side of things has changed a lot and not for the better they have taken passion out of the game and some of those involved in these decisions used this PC act as the reason , when nothing could be further from the truth and the sight of that ugly bitter cunt walking into that shambles in Edinburgh wearing her ra sellic top really summed up how musch of a bitter and vindictive cow she is.

You all know that Fiorentina went down the same route..Club liquidated, started up way down in the leagues, not even their name could they keep because it was a club asset (that eventually was sold to "Viola AC" who promptly changed back to Fiorentina.

Did the fans care? Nope..They knew it was their club and supported it all the way back.

Today it´s just an amusing part of their history but it was surely no joke ten years ago.

I think most are confused about what newco actually means and folk who don't come onto forums, their info is straight from the mhedia

This. If folk just read the press, listen to phone ins etc then they are being fed shite by people who hate us. Every fellow fan I meet I try and reassure them about what I think will be the future (whatever league we play in) and that is that we will be the same Rangers we were before newco, just a different plc running the club. :21:

This. If folk just read the press, listen to phone ins etc then they are being fed shite by people who hate us. Every fellow fan I meet I try and reassure them about what I think will be the future (whatever league we play in) and that is that we will be the same Rangers we were before newco, just a different plc running the club. :21:

(tu)

Not going to lie, if it was a brand new club, no history, no foundations then I along with many others probably couldn't follow on. Rangers Football Club is my Club, as it is 90% of the members of this forum.

Rangers Football Club, with 54 titles, 33 Scottish Cups, 27 League Cups and one European Cup Winners' Cup trophy will always remain.

It may be a Newco, it may be in the 3rd Division, it may not even have Ally McCoist as Manager but nevertheless, a change in Company and Corporate Shell should not be a reason to stop following a team.

I'm with you OP - cheerio to all these so called "fans" who "can't go and watch the team again", if that's your attitude then so be it but don't expect to be welcomed back when the good times roll again.

This. It would have been too much for me and probably everyone else, but fortunately nothing has changed bar the company that owns us.

Seriously, people are making too much of a fuss over the change of a company.

At times over the last few months, i've felt despair, betrayal, hurt, anger and every other emotion you could attach to this sorry mess, what i have never felt and never will, is a need, want or desire to turn my back on Rangers Football Club. I am 49 years old and have been going to games since my dad took me and my brother at 8 and 9 years old, then i took my son and my brother took his daughter. What makes rangers fans different from other clubs supporters is that we are born rangers supporters, not manufactured, and like Ally, the true fans don't do walking away, Rangers Till I Die

Just a quick one to say how pissed off I am with people I thought were true Rangers fans. In the last few months and days I've been told by workmates and friends who are season ticket holders and/or go to as many games as they can that if Rangers become a newco then they will never go see them again. Well I'll tell you what, cheerio. Don't bother coming back. Fucking glory hunters.

To me being a real Rangers supporter is being there through the bad times and not just the good. It's easy to support a team who win all the time. It's difficult to support a team who are in real trouble. All you folk who are saying you won't be back, why don't you go and support Barcelona or man united. Enjoy yourselves. I'll be buying my season ticket as usual and I'll be there next season no matter what league we play in.

I'll see you all in a few years when we are at the top of the pile again and you decide you want to be a Rangers supporter again.

Rant over.

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

I remember going through the team from the east end of Glasgow's 9 in a row, it was pretty rough!, I also remember the team being not so good a bit later on, for example getting humped 4-1 at home by St. Mirren in a league cup tie and going to a home game against Dunfermline when there was only about 6,000 in stadium sometime in the early '70's. Sometimes it made not too good veiwing, but we went.

Then things got a whole lot better!

This is a period in our history when it's pretty dark and the only way from now on is up.

Yes, I'm pretty upset with what is happening, the way we seem to have been turned over by certain people, and the uncertainty of what the future holds, but the club will pull through and it will pull through whether the so called 'glory hunting' fans return ot not, as I believe for every one of the'glory hunters' there are a thousand real fans willing to follow their team.

The true supporter ,will, take what ever they decide to throw at us on the chin, and we will come back all the stronger, as for the 'glory' men???? get your excuses ready.

Can any one help?? when the newco comes into play doesn our history get wiped or can we transfer our history over to the new co because ib the early 00s wen fiorentina got liqudated wen they reformed as a new team they still keep there history n titles???

No ones ever said this to me and i know a lot of Rangers supporters.

Maybe its the new age fan who prefers glory over the club.

i think the OP is talking shite to stir emotions, or is in primary 5 where the kids support 50 teams.

Just a quick one to say how pissed off I am with people I thought were true Rangers fans. In the last few months and days I've been told by workmates and friends who are season ticket holders and/or go to as many games as they can that if Rangers become a newco then they will never go see them again. Well I'll tell you what, cheerio. Don't bother coming back. Fucking glory hunters.

To me being a real Rangers supporter is being there through the bad times and not just the good. It's easy to support a team who win all the time. It's difficult to support a team who are in real trouble. All you folk who are saying you won't be back, why don't you go and support Barcelona or man united. Enjoy yourselves. I'll be buying my season ticket as usual and I'll be there next season no matter what league we play in.

I'll see you all in a few years when we are at the top of the pile again and you decide you want to be a Rangers supporter again.

Rant over.

This is actually good news. The glory hunters who don't uphold our traditions spending their Saturday afternoons in Tescos with their wifes. Ibrox may just get back to being................well.................Ibrox.