England & Sweden fans facing off

I thought the Swedes preferred neutrality :sherlock:

Did anyone else find it strange Sweden having more supporters there than England despite being a much smaller country? I can see the oirish having more than Spain the other night because for a team like Spain the tournament doesn't really start until the knock out phase but can England really say that?

I thought the Swedes preferred neutrality :sherlock:

Did anyone else find it strange Sweden having more supporters there than England despite being a much smaller country? I can see the oirish having more than Spain the other night because for a team like Spain the tournament doesn't really start until the knock out phase but can England really say that?

I thought I had not a bad grasp of geography but I didn't realise how close Sweden is to Poland and Ukraine.

Anywhere east of Harthill and I'm flummoxed. I was in Prague last year and didn't really have a clue where I was in relation to anywhere else, only that I was "East". :lol:

I don't think the racism issue has made much difference to how many England fans are over there.

England still has a reputation for football violence that it no longer really deserves. The FA and Police have effectively crushed the problem through pricing, ticketing and banning orders. This message hasn't got through abroad though. It is inevitable that the likes of the Polish will target the England fans sooner or later and I can't blame anyone for not wanting a part of it.

You could argue it is a case of 'reap what you sow', England have really took the piss in Poland over the years. It's a shame that it will be ordinary fans getting the fallout from that.

The cost is another major factor. Poland and Ukraine would normally mean a cheap trip, not this time.

I thought I had not a bad grasp of geography but I didn't realise how close Sweden is to Poland and Ukraine.

Anywhere east of Harthill and I'm flummoxed. I was in Prague last year and didn't really have a clue where I was in relation to anywhere else, only that I was "East". :lol:

It is rather surprising how close Sweden's big floppy phallus is to touching polska. Also, the Denmark team are based in North-West poland and on a clear day they can probably see some of the Danish isles across the Baltic Sea. :sherlock: