Was speaking to Bill Leckie last night...

JamieG54

Exactly ... we should remember that without us Sky say bye bye and none of the pygmie 10 want that

I think the fact our supporters travel in numbers and the fact a Sky insider has already stated they're prepared to rip up the contract leaves us in a powerful position.

If they decide to impose crazy sanctions we just walk away,or we should do.

All this pish about splitting gate money is out of fucking order. Not that I believe any of the clubs actually think it's an avenue they will pursue. I'd be expecting Green to tell them where to fucking stick their SPL if they wanted that. How can they expect to get half a million quid for playing one game at Ibrox when they don't even fill thier own pish ridden stadiums, or bring any kind of support to Ibrox?

As if Leckie would actually know what Rangers would or would not accept anyway! He's a complete fantasist if he actually thinks that he does.

I dont buy the Sun or the Record anymore i just read online if someone posts a link but i got the opportunity to chat with the above journalist for 5 mins or so about his thoughts on the situation. Wont make this long but to sum up..

He is pretty confident we will get voted back in the SPL. I argued Hearts, Aberdeen Celtic Utd Hibs etc will vote against us but he says the clubs have to come out with this talk to go with the fans. He says especially if Walters group takes over that the clubs will come to a deal with Rangers i.e money split more even/gates/tv money/maybe 14-16 team league and they will let us in. He says any of those options and Rangers would take it. Obviously not e.g 50-50 home gate money but basically better than what the clubs are getting just now and this could make the league better overall if they have more cash,

Says if Greens group can make even 3/4m they will sell for a quick profit but they do want to make Rangers a success. But obviously if fans are not buying tickets then the plan has to change.

He seemed a nice man and spoke very well. Neutral as he supports St Mirren but says SPL needs Rangers.

didn't you read his article last week he called us every name under the sun said we should be punished severely and shown no mercy f******moron its him and his cronies that need rangers they would have no one else to slag f***them all

I can't see SPL teams voting to give up more of their income,they can't just keep making rules up to suit themselves.

without us in the spl though the ball is in their court,if they believe it would be financially beneficial to them then they will vote it i and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it,also expect them to vote for an equal split of tv money :disappointment: :disappointment:

without us in the spl though the ball is in their court,if they believe it would be financially beneficial to them then they will vote it i and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it,also expect them to vote for an equal split of tv money :disappointment: :disappointment:

Which is why it's likely that we will be in the SPL next season.

The tims aren't daft,their slevering hordes are though hence the spin that we should be punished etc.

Publicly they will insinuate that they will vote against but in reality I think they will vote us in.

slightly off topic but if his shitey team get taken over by this 10000hours fans buy out thing, i think its safe to say St Mirren will vote no

the 10000hours consortium will own 52% of them and it only takes 65% of the fans that are paying the monthly subsciption to vote that they dont want us and the elected board have to vote with what the majority say

you can bet your last penny most of the clowns with a vote will vote no cause they think they are gettin one over "big bad" Rangers and they think theyre daft wee club will be better off without seeing the bigger picture

ive got a few St Mirren supporting pals and the amount of pish they spout is on a par if not worse than the mhanky mob

Actually, if they wanted to be fair, why not give the away teams the cash for the tickets they sell, less an equivalent % of the policing and other costs? Seems fair to me that the other SPL clubs pay us the money our fans pay to their sit in their shitty stadiums and that they can contribute to our excessive policing costs. Ah no didn't think they would want to be quite that 'fair'. I hope Green if he stays, or Walter or whoever if he sells, stand up to these fuds because it's long overdue we did.

The word of a Scottish journalist is as reliable as virtually any poster on a football forum. Knows fuck all I'd imagine. Bluster

no need to imagine,they are probably neh will be on every fckn forum facebook etc,they know as much as you and i my friend, and will write ANYTHING to grab the attention of any gullable fan,but the difference is are we are SUPPORTERS and can see by this,but to any FAN,and the reason i say FAN is atleast 80% of the people i work with are fans,but hardly been to a Rangers game in their lifes,we know the truth........and if not atleast we try to interact with each other,rather than listen or read some University trained fckn intellect.......

the problem with fans of the wee teams is nobody usually pays them or their team any attention

now they have a 'vote' they think we give a fuck about their opinion...

sorry,i'm afraid we don't

look at it this way,picture rangers as a shark,and you know all those scabby wee fish that stick to and swim next to the shark,

thats the rest of the SPL

stupid pishy wee fish that are useless without the shark...

An anagram of Bill Leckie is 'I Lick Belle' - I can only assume his middle name contains the letters 'e', 'n' and 'd' to make this gag work

Margaret Thatcher, who sent the task force as Tory leader to fight for the Falkland's had a member in her cabinet named Virginia Bottomley who's name as an anagram is..im an evil tory bigot!

Thought i'd post that whilst on the subject of anagrams :)

Margaret Thatcher, who sent the task force as Tory leader to fight for the Falkland's had a member in her cabinet named Virginia Bottomley who's name as an anagram is..im an evil tory bigot!

Thought i'd post that whilst on the subject of anagrams :)

And Margaret's name...That great charmer!

Whenever anyone talks of introducing split gate receipts (50-50? 60-40?), remember it doesn't include season tickets.

They are considering applying this in some of England's lower leagues, the thinking being it will boost season ticket sales because fans will want their club to get the money not the opposition. If implemented in the SPL it would make little difference to us, it may even make rangers more money due to our fantastic travelling support.

So say v Hearts there was 47,000, 38,000 of whom were ST holders, thats a 9,000 split.

v Hearts at Tynecastle there was 16,000 of whom 7,000 were St holders thats a 9,000 split.

I know its not just quite as simplistic as that but it balances sort of equalish.

Even if i only attend 4 games a season at Ibrox due to distance /work/family i will buy a season ticket.

Fair enough comments, but I still believe that it would take more than 3/4 of a million profit to get rid of Green and co. How many investors have actually put their money where their mouth is? 4 or 5? So that's not much more than a hundred grand each, and I'm sure Green will want a slice as well. For such cut-throat businessmen that they seem to be, that seems like pittance.

They should be pretty confident they'll make more than that back.

i read it as 3 OR 4 million profit! <cr>