IF it happened...

Gaz92

i dont see it as crawling back at all. I can see your point but I dont agree. Where are we crawling to? We have been punished for previous mismanagement (points deductions, transfer embargos, first team has left) and now we need to rebuild. The first season would be just about improving anyway since most of the team has left.

To be honest i am not a green fan but alot of his proposal is fair eg pay our football debts etc. so the pride and dignity you talk about....the real pride and dignity is to pay vienna, hearts etc what we owe them

I couldn't agree more. I would even go far as saying we will still get at least second and a cup as the remaining players would be up for the fight due to the fact we've been backed into a corner.

NO WAY. Either you believe the club should be punished for the actions of CW, in which case its Division 3 or you don't in which case its the SPL with no penalties.

I whole heartedly agree with you mate, but after the diddy teams released statement after statement as to how they were voting no, only for them to turn round and vote us back in cause they now realise they can't survive! Fuck that let them rot the bastards! Bowing to them accepting penalties which with the squad we have could end up in relegation! It aint for me unfortunately and I hope every single Rangers fan knocks back any away tickets should we be reinstated to the SPL!

I wanted, for the last few weeks/months, for us to start over in division 3....however, we finished 2nd in the league* and do not deserve to be relegated. We are NOT a new club, and our club finished some 48 points above the team who DOES deserve to be relegated. Infact, that 48 points should have been 58 points! A tally higher than 8 of the other "Sporting Integrity" Clubs.

In short, Yes, If CG manages to keep us in the SPL with sanctions (1 year max) then he will have my cautious backing....it's times like these we might(MIGHT) benefit from having someone leading with their head rather than their heart

If the othe spl clubs have a change of heart and vote to keep us in the spl, they will have shown us that they realise we are needed in order for them to survive financially. It is at this point point we should accept the offer to remain in the spl but with no sanctions, if they insist we have points deductions, transfer embargoes etc, we should tell them thanks, but no thanks and apply for sfl3. We may just see the sanctions disappear or at the least be reduced in order to keep the blue money in the top flight.

Or is that just wishful thinking?

I think division one would suit us best tbh.

With our depleted squad, a transfer ban & points deduction we'd be in the 1st division anyway by this time next yr. we'd basically be holding back the inevitable by staying in the spl. Business wise it must make more sense to push for div 1? Because becoming The spl whipping boys can't be profitable and it won't be fun

How can anyone say yes to this? A years transfer ban when half of our players have left? If this is the way Green wants to go then he can GTF, just thinking of a way to make some money as quick as he can.

How can anyone say yes to this? A years transfer ban when half of our players have left? If this is the way Green wants to go then he can GTF, just thinking of a way to make some money as quick as he can.

I would tend to agree with u however a quick buck could be made by selling to Walter or Brown for eg.

The quick buck argument doesn't seem to stack up in this circumstance but who on earth knows the why's, what's & when of this situation. It changes hourly

Seen through him from day 1, understand fully his plan to make monaey from a share issue...filling his and his investors pockets as opposed to raising funds for the club to invest so from me thsi is no surprise...it get him to his floatation point quicker..in fact it might be his only way to get to the floatation point...as i doubt he waill be funded for two or three seasons until we retunred from Div 3.

In a perverse way Div 3 gets us back on a more long term stable platform in terms of ownership, although i accept it wont be without some pain.

I fear Green will Rob the eager blind within our support..i truly do..so from me its a GTF.

YES I would still support my club... what a stupid question

That's not the question, obviously. I asked if Green went groveling to the SPL, would you still support his consortium being the ones to take us forward? I have to say I really would struggle, as if he could humiliate us to such a level, I honestly wouldn't put anything by him.

First of all there is no way we will accept a further transfer ban, we have 13 first team players for christ sake. So unless the SPL change the rules so that its 7 a side there is no way we can compete for a full season with that amount of players.

Yes, cause I can't be arsed anymore. I want us to be a club again, not a news story. I just want us to be concentrating entirely on football, no more mutinies or protests. Green bought the club when no one else would, for that he deserves our support. I reckon a points deduction gIves us the chance to win the greatest title in our history anyway. Transfer ban I'd like to see rescinded and I can't see it sticking in all honesty if its been declared void in a court of law. Scottish cup exile is the likely outcome there I reckon

That's not the question, obviously. I asked if Green went groveling to the SPL, would you still support his consortium being the ones to take us forward? I have to say I really would struggle, as if he could humiliate us to such a level, I honestly wouldn't put anything by him.

I don't think green is grovelling in any way to the SPL clubs - if anything it is them who are ocming back to us with the begging bowl.

Green is looking for ocmprmise here and I think he is possibly getting close to achieving this. The SPL clubs a bricking it just now - some of them are staring down the barrel of complete oblivion and whilst I would be happy to see clubs like Aberdeen die I want Rangers to play in some form of competitive league.

I agree that we should not be punished for the wrong-doign ofWhyte and Murray but Green seems close to a deal that makes very good business sense for this club and this oculd be a major part of our rebuilding process. We can chunter on all day about principles and makign a stand but the main thing we want is a fiscally well run club so that we never find ourselves back in this position agin

I don't think green is grovelling in any way to the SPL clubs - if anything it is them who are ocming back to us with the begging bowl.

Green is looking for ocmprmise here and I think he is possibly getting close to achieving this. The SPL clubs a bricking it just now - some of them are staring down the barrel of complete oblivion and whilst I would be happy to see clubs like Aberdeen die I want Rangers to play in some form of competitive league.

I agree that we should not be punished for the wrong-doign ofWhyte and Murray but Green seems close to a deal that makes very good business sense for this club and this oculd be a major part of our rebuilding process. We can chunter on all day about principles and makign a stand but the main thing we want is a fiscally well run club so that we never find ourselves back in this position agin

If even half of what is reported so the Sun is true, I believe that's groveling. Accepting a transfer ban ruled unlawful by a court? Issuing an apology for the past wrongdoings? Put it this way, I believe that's groveling. Green issuing a public apology for Murray and Whyte is quite frankly humiliating, and I hope I never see it.

As someone who has absolutely no respect or time for The Sun, I really struggle to believe anything it says. Including today's stories.

But let's just say for talking sake, that the conditions said by the Sun are true, could you in anyway support Green's consortium after that?

i don't support consortium's, i support rangers. :21: :21: :21: