Why Murray will never win a major

Strange post. Obviously a couple of examples support a myth but nothing more than that.

However I clicked on one of your links. Here's what I noticed when I clicked http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18588890 ( your 'Murray loses'):

So he's described as a 'British man' in a context where to describe him as a 'Scottish man' would simply be wrong.

Notwithstanding, having won he is described as a 'Scot'.

I won't click on your second link, I've already wasted too much time on this myth.

Cheeky bassa :lol:

I should really have delved deeper. doh

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Murray has going for him this year is his tough draw, it has meant he's had to consistently perform and that actually means his level hasn't been able to dip much if at all throughout. Against lesser opponents he can get lax with his serve etc and then when he finally comes up against a big test he is just that...lax early on.

What we will see tomorrow is another solid performance from Murray and hopefully he can carry it on through to the final. :uk:

Alex Millar ‏@flippineck 24 Jun

I have this funny feeling that its going to be Andy Murray's year at Wimbledon this year...

Ive got money on it aswell, wish I put it when I declared it originally :(

This is his best chance at winning to be fair...

To be number 3 in the world at a time when players like Nadal, Federer and Novak are in their prime is nothing short of outstanding for a lad from Scotland.

He's improved so much over the past few years and will win a major imo, don't think it will be Wimbledon though.

Federer and Nadal are 2 of the best to grace the game, and Murray honestly isn't too far behind them.

Isnt murray ahead in the murray vs federer head 2 heads?

Djokovic is out!!! big chance for Murray to win now it's all opening up for him he just needs to keep focused and don't believe the hype the biggest battle for Murray is in his mind and if he plays anywhere near his best he will beat Tsonga and like others have said he has beaten Federer more times than Federer has beaten him it's just in the Slams that he seems to lose so it's clearly all in his mind.

C'Mon Andy !!!

"Murray will never win a major" :lol:

just 1 game away now against Federer, who i think will win, but Murray has beaten him plenty in the past, and more than capable of scoring a W over Roger.

Federer and Nadal are 2 of the best to grace the game, and Murray honestly isn't too far behind them.

Isnt murray ahead in the murray vs federer head 2 heads?

Styles are a big thing is sport some opponents suit you better than others ... I remember Muhammad Ali saying he knocked out Sonny Liston but found it much harder to do this to Floyd Patterson even though Liston hammered Patterson

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...