Bocanegra to return to training

If boca does want a move then I wouldn't blame him but at least he did the decent thing and transferred over his contract to allow the club to get at least a nominal fee. For those defending Naismith etc...this is an example of how they should have went about things.

If boca does want a move then I wouldn't blame him but at least he did the decent thing and transferred over his contract to allow the club to get at least a nominal fee. For those defending Naismith etc...this is an example of how they should have went about things.

That might have meant fewer bucks in the bank, and as we know the times have been hard in the Naismith/Davis/McGregor households...

Can players be officially registered with the newco? As it stands Rangers are not a member club although as marvinsmarvels says accepting payment must surely mean accepting transfer to newco. I don't know the rules about domesrtic/international club transfers and wether or not selling club (Rangers) must be an association member.

Pretty sure i heard his release clause is nothing

I heard the same. If he has a release clause allowing him to go for nothing then his transfer over to the newco was a no-brainer. His transfer guarantees wages and training facilities for the month or so it will take him to negotiate a new deal elsewhere. My internal optimist insists he might still stay though.

Spot on. (tu)

I thought under TUPE you have to refuse to take part in any business activity including accepting a salary.

Like Naismith et al, they refuse to accept payment, refused to turn upto training but if you do take part i.e. turn up for training then you accept, by default, your transfer of employment.

I thought under TUPE you have to refuse to take part in any business activity including accepting a salary.

Like Naismith et al, they refuse to accept payment, refused to turn upto training but if you do take part i.e. turn up for training then you accept, by default, your transfer of employment.

His contract transfers unchanged, including whatever release clause was negotiated when the players agreed to temporary wage reductions.

He can still request a transfer and doubt the club would object, why have anyone here against their will especially when we could ge someone for less than half the price for the league we are going to be in, he did the right thing anyway an example to the rest.

See

This is an example of how a gentleman behaves

Even with next to no Rangers history this guy has shown the club and the support more respect than the money chasing traitors ever did.

I hope yo stay Boca but if you choose to leave you will always have my support.

It all depends on what he still wants to achieve in his football career. You would imagine he will finish his career in the MLS, but I'd say he still has 3-4 years left in him, so if we go to SFL1 then he might stay and help us back to the SPL before leaving.