Giovanni Di Stefano letter to Duff & Phelps

SteveJ

Texas Ranger, whats the future then? sum it up for me in a short paragraph

That I do not know but one thing I'm sure about were not as fucked as we think we are. Were further away from a crises from what the media let us think. Positive moves will provide positive results.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That I do not know but one thing I'm sure about were not as fucked as we think we are. Were further away from a crises from what the media let us think. Positive moves will provide positive results.

You should be a politician with a vague answer like that (tu)

Or, in fact, did you write the SFA's last statement?

'We shall move forward through positive actions and look forward to a brighter tomorrow!' - 'How exactly?' - 'Oh, I don't know...'

07-minister.jpg

I can assure you there will be a Rangers in every country of the world,it will happen!

I heard the Rangers USA franchise will play in Orange County. And the English franchise in Sash Street, Stafford. South African franchise in King William's Town.

Guys, I confess that until two hours ago, I hadn't read Di Stefano's letter dated 15th, which he sent to D & P. I had seen the thread but had thought Mr D S was just being eccentric and that there would be nothing of note. That was the case until a friend forwarded a copy by e-mail tonight which gave me reason to actually read it.

I appreciate that there are what appear to be one or two typographical errors but some of the information contained in the letter is accurate. Some of the detail is new to me but makes sufficient sense to be probably factual. I can understand the reluctance of many of us not to believe the accusations but in any good conspiracy to defraud (and that is what we are victims of) the web has to be intricate in the hope that people will get lost in the detail or think it too far-fetched to be true. Now I'm not saying that his letter is 100% accurate but there is certainly sufficient grounds for forensic financial analysis of the various deals in our horrible saga. Whyte has made a very comfortable and profitable living from previous deals which were probably dishonest. This is just a much higher profile deal.

Di Stefano is correct in that millions of pounds are missing from the accounts. I checked previous years accounts and by extrapolation calculated approximate income figures for the period May 2011 until Feb 2012. I then deducted expenditure and by my reckoning (allowing for some leeway) there should have been between £7m and £11m more in the accounts. When D & P were in contact with Collyer Bristow they were looking for at least £9m which is mid point in my "fag packet" figure. He is also correct to pursue the Arsenal shares money as that has disappeared in an amount just under £250k. D & P also said they were looking at two other amounts each of £250k which I believe were paid to Betts and Ellis.

He is correct about Ticketus charging exorbitant interest rates. Whyte borrowed £20.3m then paid back £8m but then borrowed a further £5m. The first loan appears to have amounted to an interest rate of 25% over the period, the second was at 86% over the loan period. In the final analysis, at date of administration, Ticketus claim on a total loan of £17.3m is £26.7m which is 54% interest over a period of only 10 months.

The whole thing is toxic and merits examination by the Serious Fraud Office. I admit I had thought Di Stefano was a crank but perhaps he's not quite as far from the truth as we all first suspected. I will contact him this week as I am also a shareholder. It may not do any good but it certainly can't do any harm.

He certainly is on to something and if all of this checks out and we are found to be the victims of some real serious Fraud then some people must do time.

The fact that we are and have been punished because of this then once this comes out we should go after the SPL / SFA for some serious comp.

It absolutely stinks to high heavens and I would like to think Fraud forensics would locate the sources of the paper / Fax/ electronic comms trail.

Good luck to him it would appear he seems to know wjat he is looking for.

Interesting to say the least.

TexasRangers is right in one aspect, apart from John Brown everyone that as met with Green ie AJ and Walter have said he is plying a risky strategy and they were basically leaving him to get on with it. Given all the cryptic messages and leaks in the last year I can' t believe these guys would just remain silent for no reason. It's never stopped them before when they had doubts although they may have been more proactive. Maybe I am just clutching at straws but I can't believes a runt like Reagan can do this to our club with so little resistance from the people that are respected in Scottish football!

Guys, I confess that until two hours ago, I hadn't read Di Stefano's letter dated 15th, which he sent to D & P. I had seen the thread but had thought Mr D S was just being eccentric and that there would be nothing of note. That was the case until a friend forwarded a copy by e-mail tonight which gave me reason to actually read it.

I appreciate that there are what appear to be one or two typographical errors but some of the information contained in the letter is accurate. Some of the detail is new to me but makes sufficient sense to be probably factual. I can understand the reluctance of many of us not to believe the accusations but in any good conspiracy to defraud (and that is what we are victims of) the web has to be intricate in the hope that people will get lost in the detail or think it too far-fetched to be true. Now I'm not saying that his letter is 100% accurate but there is certainly sufficient grounds for forensic financial analysis of the various deals in our horrible saga. Whyte has made a very comfortable and profitable living from previous deals which were probably dishonest. This is just a much higher profile deal.

Di Stefano is correct in that millions of pounds are missing from the accounts. I checked previous years accounts and by extrapolation calculated approximate income figures for the period May 2011 until Feb 2012. I then deducted expenditure and by my reckoning (allowing for some leeway) there should have been between £7m and £11m more in the accounts. When D & P were in contact with Collyer Bristow they were looking for at least £9m which is mid point in my "fag packet" figure. He is also correct to pursue the Arsenal shares money as that has disappeared in an amount just under £250k. D & P also said they were looking at two other amounts each of £250k which I believe were paid to Betts and Ellis.

He is correct about Ticketus charging exorbitant interest rates. Whyte borrowed £20.3m then paid back £8m but then borrowed a further £5m. The first loan appears to have amounted to an interest rate of 25% over the period, the second was at 86% over the loan period. In the final analysis, at date of administration, Ticketus claim on a total loan of £17.3m is £26.7m which is 54% interest over a period of only 10 months.

The whole thing is toxic and merits examination by the Serious Fraud Office. I admit I had thought Di Stefano was a crank but perhaps he's not quite as far from the truth as we all first suspected. I will contact him this week as I am also a shareholder. It may not do any good but it certainly can't do any harm.

I generally try to keep an open mind on this as I do think there is something major yet to come out of all this, something beyond comprehension. I don't think Whyte is just some crazy rogue who saw just saw a chance to make money out of Rangers (although he undoubtedly did make money). It all seems prefectly orchestrated, it took just one year to take us down. The question i need to know is why?

As things stand I understand that the rozzers are looking into the situation and as things stand in a little while the experts at BDO will start what one assumes will be a very forensic examination of what went on at Rangers FC plc during Whyte's chaotic tenure at the helm.

• 1 year later...

That guy is a nutcase, as well as being a serial fraudster. His head is full of wee wheels. Nothing he has to say needs 'figuring out'. Better ignored.

Well it seems some of the information he hit out with in his letter two years ago is coming true...maybe he wasn't as much as a mad man as we all thought. You also realise you quoted someone from two years ago, right?

Well it seems some of the information he hit out with in his letter two years ago is coming true...maybe he wasn't as much as a mad man as we all thought. You also realise you quoted someone from two years ago, right?

This mad man got sentenced to 14yrs in jail for fraud & deception. He was called "One of lifes greatest swindlers" , enough said about this guy the better . Lets look at credible sources instead.

There was nothing he came out with back then that wasn't available to and commented on by us at that time. He seemed to be the great white hope of a large section of our support despite his history.

But you're correct - I didn't realise it was an old thread until after I made my post. Lol.

Even simple things like the company name Wavetower changed to - he really needs to be getting stuff like that right if he is to be taken seriously.

And his misguided belief that the balance sheet alone proves whether a company is insolvent - there's more to insolvency than that, and he should research stuff like that first.

But if he drags the SFA and Regan through the Italian courts, I'm happy to forgive him. biggrin.gif

Italian courts are even slowere than our own. We would be lucky to see an out come in our lifetime!

Italian courts are even slowere than our own. We would be lucky to see an out come in our lifetime!

It was probably a bad idea me bumping this, I should have just copied and paste the letter into a new thread.

Look at the dates...:lol:

Worth pointing out one of the last things Gio posted before he got put away was about the current government cover up...

That's what I've been thinking the past few days. GDS had pointed this out but was dismissed because he is a crackpot. I wonder how much more of what he said back then will actually come out in the wash as being true.

That's what I've been thinking the past few days. GDS had pointed this out but was dismissed because he is a crackpot. I wonder how much more of what he said back then will actually come out in the wash as being true.

Conspiracy Theory.

Maybe that's why they put him away.

Perhaps he knew too much.

Hmmmmm lol.