Some new info about The Rangers

I was out with one of the staff today after the 5-1 friendly win and he was telling me a few wee bits and pieces about some stuff that's going on at Ibrox just now so i thought i would share. Some of it might be old news but it was all new to me.

The £800,000 for Davis will be payed over 4 years. £250,000 1st year £250,000 2nd year then £150,000 and £150,000.

4 or 5 of the younger lads in the squad have been offered 4 year deals but he thinks Lewis McLeod is so good we will be lucky to be able to hold onto him until the start of the season.

Regarding the John brown fiasco, he said Ally can't come out and slaughter Brown for the way he is acting in case Brown does end up owning the club. It would then make Allys position impossible but he thinks he will come out in the next week and urge fans to buy season tickets now that the league and the pricing issues have been sorted out.

Ian Black is wanting £10,000 a week to sign for us which we will probably give him because Bocanegra will leave and free up £20,000 a week.

Dean Shiels has told Rangers he wants to sign for us, We didn't go to him.

Also mentioned another few positive things regarding money and tv deals.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Black wants 10k!!

As much as I want him, thats quite a bit more than I'd be willing to pay.

I was shocked at this too but he said we're going to have to pay wages like this as an incentive to get people to come and play in the 3rd division.

If this is legit, Leggo and MD will go mental if McCoist said that about Bomber ....

He never said anything about bomber?? The person i spoke to said he couldn't say anything about bomber in case he ends up getting the club.

I agree 10k sounds like alot, especially for div 3 but when you think whittaker was on 20k+ last season and our wage bill will be dramatically reduced this season it might be worth it to aide the youngsters for the next few seasons. More importantly I hope we manage to sign up the youngsters with potential on long term deals, like the boy Mcleod. Youth is definitely the way forward for us, with the addition of a few experienced players hopefully signed in the next few weeks.

I was out with one of the staff today after the 5-1 friendly win and he was telling me a few wee bits and pieces about some stuff that's going on at Ibrox just now so i thought i would share. Some of it might be old news but it was all new to me.

The £800,000 for Davis will be payed over 4 years. £250,000 1st year £250,000 2nd year then £150,000 and £150,000.

4 or 5 of the younger lads in the squad have been offered 4 year deals but he thinks Lewis McLeod is so good we will be lucky to be able to hold onto him until the start of the season.

Regarding the John brown fiasco, he said Ally can't come out and slaughter Brown for the way he is acting in case Brown does end up owning the club. It would then make Allys position impossible but he thinks he will come out in the next week and urge fans to buy season tickets now that the league and the pricing issues have been sorted out.

Ian Black is wanting £10,000 a week to sign for us which we will probably give him because Bocanegra will leave and free up £20,000 a week.

Dean Shiels has told Rangers he wants to sign for us, We didn't go to him.

Also mentioned another few positive things regarding money and tv deals.

Southampton are paying £800,000 over four years? Why it's not as if they will miss it.