Gary Teale

HendoWATP

These guys are not Laudrups, Albertz's etc but fuck me things are beginning to look up for the Rangers.

First thing to make me smile around the club in a long time. great credit must go to these guys for dropping down the leauges although lets not kid ourselves they will be on good money still.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the 'experienced' players are used to help the younger players and we don't fill our whole squad with shit like Teale - even if if it is only SFL 3 - because we need to have a sustainable transfer plan for the future and players we do sign need to have some kind of sell on value. Obviously there are always one or two exceptions but on the whole we need to have a much better transfer policy than we've had in the past.

The standard of player we will attract now is obviously going to be lower than we are used to but as long as they are capable of getting us through the divisions we will benefit, and so will they both financially and also on the old CV to say they played for us.

It is a win, win for us and the players.

Tell you one thing the new players may not know but.

To the fans whoever pulls on that jersey is a superstar anyway so what an experience awaits them.

They are about to experience a feeling that some players can only dream of.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'd be happy with this, will do us a job and hope the idea is that while these experienced old boys are winding down their careers the youngsters are learning and going up gears. Meaning we should have an experienced and capable squad of good youthful scots who will do the job once we are back where we belong. (tu)

Teale would be a disappointing signing, simply because he is a poor player. I would rather give a youngster a game particularly if we sign players with the relative quality of Beattie and Black. The 3rd Division if we are professional should be a stroll, so lets play our own kids where possible and not over the hill journeyman.

Teale would be a disappointing signing, simply because he is a poor player. I would rather give a youngster a game particularly if we sign players with the relative quality of Beattie and Black. The 3rd Division if we are professional should be a stroll, so lets play our own kids where possible and not over the hill journeyman.

It feels good to see the club linked with players again although I'm not getting my hopes up just now. We have to see what terms Charles Green is willing to offer and what terms the players themselves are willing to take. I have a feeling Mr Green won't be too generous but thats fine by me.

I agree that getting the youngsters playing is a priority this season but with the physical and sometimes cynical nature of the players and teams we are going to come up against we will need a few experienced guys who have been about to boost the squad and I reckon Teale would fit that bill well.

Sounds like we are going to end up with a really good mix of experience, which will be desperately needed in Div 3. Hopefully they can help bring through the youngsters. Did he not play in the EPL at one point? It proves the Rangers has a great pull no matter the division. smile.gif

Also, is it just me or has Gary Teale look like he has just taken a shit in his shorts in that photo on the SS webpage? laugh.gif

I think Teale might be coming in for what he can offer in the dressing room as much as anything else.

The 9IAR team had a close knit dressing room and so was the one we had until administration.

Teale and McCulloch are said to be close friends so I wonder if McCoist is hoping their friendship and influence can rub off on the other players and help us build a strong, close knit dressing room again.

They were in the Wigan team together and played for Scotland together under Walter. I think that the older pros who sign for us like Teale are designed to give the youngsters some knowledge, ie Teale will probably play right mid ahead of Darren Cole at right back, so offers him some decent experience. It would be awful to have to throw in teenagers at Division Three and Division Two; if we get a membership sorted and these players sign, by the time we are Division One you'd hope that the younger lads have been eased in and are ready for first-team football

This story is dismissing this news

http://icrenfrewshire.icnetwork.co.uk/tm_headline=rangers-bid-for-teale-is-news-to-manager-lennon%26method=full%26objectid=31456512%26siteid=87085-name_page.html

Rangers bid for Teale is news to manager Lennon

Jul 24 2012

by Paul Behan, Paisley Daily Express

REPORTS linking Saints midfielder Gary Teale with a shock move to newco Rangers have been shot down by Danny Lennon.

It had been suggested yesterday that the former Ayr United, Wigan Athletic and Derby County man was on the Ibrox club’s radar as they get set for life in the SFL Third Division next season.

Teale, 34, is on the comeback trail after sustaining a calf problem and he has missed a significant amount of pre-season training as a result.

And, despite the fact that he still has another year on his present contract to run, the former Scotland international midfielder has been subject to speculation over a possible bid coming in from the Light Blues. However, St Mirren manager Lennon revealed that no contact has been received from the Ibrox club.

He said: “I have not had a bid yet. I heard that rumour about Gary Teale last Thursday and I picked up on it again on Sunday.

“It’s very fresh to me because there’s been no contact and I haven’t even spoken to the player about it.

“We are just concentrating on getting Gary back amongst our group and being back in contention for Saturday, August 4.

“Gary’s a great professional and we have to look after our own at this football club.

“We’re purely concentrating on getting him back to match fitness and full fitness in preparation for a very important game against Inverness.”

Teale should get a runout tonight – when St Mirren travel over the Erskine Bridge to take on Dumbarton in a pre-season friendly game at the Bet Butler Stadium.

Lennon said: “Gary has missed a big chunk of pre-season but he’s been back with the squad since our last day in Spain.

“He had a problem with his calf and he’s playing a little bit of catch-up at this minute in time.

“We will be looking to get more minutes into him on Tuesday against Dumbarton.”

I'm finding it's when something like this comes up as a serious post that the situation we're in really hits home.

At least we are talking about signing players again, we are in SFL3, who do you want us to sign? Its only Rangers that could get SPL players to ply their trade in div3, any other club would be fucked but we just rise above the rest, just like always :uk: