For the attention of those who thought we'd walk back to the top

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll manage. But our squad needs beefed up slightly. Wouldn't say we need quality though.

"Our squad needs beefed up slightly"!!

According to some on here - you're nothing but a "glory hunter"! :sherlock:

I recognise you - you see I'm a fellow glory hunter given that I also asked for an influx of some "quality"!

How-very-fucking-dare I. :sherlock:

So, if we are to believe you, the following are not good enough for Division 3?:

Alexander, Wallace, Goian, Broadfoot, Bocanegra, Black, McCulloch, Little

Unfortunately I suspect that list will quickly become Alexander, Broadfoot, Wallace, Black, McCulloch and Little, i just can't see Goian and Boca staying.

I don't understand why anyone is panicking though, we only received registration on Friday, we've not had an opportunity to bring players in, the way people are talking is as if McCoist has come out and said no more signings, he's not and we'll probably bring in half a dozen more players in the next month. The first 11 today with a full pre-season behind them would be good enough to survive in the SPL in my opinion so I'm confident that with a few additional players it will be good enough to carry us through the third and Second divisions.

Unfortunately I suspect that list will quickly become Alexander, Broadfoot, Wallace, Black, McCulloch and Little, i jsut can't see Goian and Boca staying.

I don't understand why anyone is panicking though, we only received registration on Friday, we've not had an opportunity to bring players in, the way people are talking is as if McCosit has come out and said no more signings, he's not and we'll probably bring in half a dozen more players in the next month. The first 11 today with a full pre-season behind them would be good enough to survive in the SPL in my opinion so I'm confident that with a few additional players it will be good enough to carry us through the third and Second divisions.

Honestly. Do you really mean that? :rolleyes:

The half-a-dozen or so players you mention will, hopefully, have a bit of (dare I say it?) 'quality' about them.

Goian, on this performance, is already playing his football somewhere else.

We will scoosh the third division please don't reach for the panic button.

I don't think we need to panic just yet, ok it was a patchy first game and I'm sure nerves played a part in that, admittedly Goian made a ricket for their goal and Broadfoot had a poor match, but I'm sure we will produce much better form with a few more games under our belt. I agree that lack of a decent pre-season contributed too.

I fully expected a performance like this, well maybe not quite so bad.

This is effectively our pre-season. They will get better.

Formation was probably wrong, some of them looked a bit unfit and we need another striker or two.

Black had a decent debut, Wallace was very good.

Yes it wasn't a convincing win, yes it wasn't easy but things will get better with more matches.

Disappointed that McCulloch wasn't made Captain, absolutely nothing against Bocanegra but felt McCulloch deserved to be captain.

Nowhere near time to panic, if they are playing like that in the last week of August, then we need to start worrying.

While I feel today was a wake-up call for those who thought we would breeze every match in the lower divisions, I also think it's ridiculous to say we have a "very tough" season ahead and are lacking talent.

Let's just remember some facts...

This was Rangers' first official match since May. There's only been 2 closed door games since then. We only have 3 or 4 regular starters left. Lots of our team are 18 or 19 years old and it will take time before they get up to scratch for senior play. Brechin City treated this match like a cup final and they were insanely fired up. They have an established team, and while individually much weaker than ours they have experience of playing together and are a division above us anyway.

The most important fact... we won! We've beaten a team better than any team we'll play in the league next year, so why are we worried? Take each game as it comes, keep calm and support The Rangers. Well done today boys.

I expect Bocanegra and Edu to follow Bedoya out the door so I would replace them with

-Sign Mark Reynolds

-Sign a full back

-Sign the Greek guy

-Sign Dean Shiels

-Sign a fast winger as we currently have fuck all width

-Sign Kevin Kyle or another striker

Ah....but do they have 'quality'? :sherlock:

Fuckin can the pair a cunts at the back there. Broadfoot's no more a right back than my fucking sofa, and Goian might as well have been off in January.

Outside that, we'll be training full time and will burn up these lower league sides the final 30 minutes of games come a few weeks of regular football. 00000042.gif

Now mon the fucking Gers uk.gif

So the squad have had 300mins of football n some think they aint good enough. very early days.

Squad's more an good enough, mate. Them two at the back need sorting though. Rumors flying that Goian's off to where the fuck ever during the match. Get on, then. 00000042.gif

What todays shown us is we'll have to be patient. Were not going to win every game 4 or 5 nil.

It'll be a long road from here, but im optimistic TBH. Alot of young guys on the pitch today will get better with every game. Other guys like Hutton, Naismith and Cole will be handed a chancd now, where they'd otherwise be given the boot.

With a few additions, some luck, and good coaching, i can see this squad flourishing.

Lads.

1zf3r61.jpg

I respect our opponents but in 9 months time I expect the table to have these sort of numbers. Despite the way the game went and the performance I believe that those 11 players who started the game would do well in the SPL with a decent pre-season, fuck we put out a weaker team than that at times last season. Add to that at least 8 new faces and I'm pretty sure we'll be ok.

I would be shocked if we didn't go up from the third right away. It wont be a stroll in the way some of the blind loyal think it will be. It will be the 1st division when we get there that will be the real problem. I can't see us being back in the SPL within 5 years.

From what I watched those guys were not nearly as crisp and were a touch slower but the played bunker defense to make up for their lack of speed. But we never stretched the field. I kept waiting for that adjustment.