Shiels and Kafes expected to sign

RFC Rob

Saw this article on Sky Sports

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7949057/Gers-close-on-Shiels-signing

Seems they're both going to be joining the squad at Ibrox soon. Thoughts? I don't know anything about the Greek guy but Shiels is a good signing for Division 3. SPL and international experience as well as in the English lower leagues.

Kafes is supposed to have been solid for AEK last season and I have it from a Greek mate and Pana fan that he'd stroll it here in the SPL, never mind D3.

Hope so, though we could be doing with more wingers, a couple of CBs and an RB before a CM, but that's just me.

Saw this article on Sky Sports

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7949057/Gers-close-on-Shiels-signing

Seems they're both going to be joining the squad at Ibrox soon. Thoughts? I don't know anything about the Greek guy but Shiels is a good signing for Division 3. SPL and international experience as well as in the English lower leagues.

Dont know much about Kafes, but Shiels impressed last season.

Shiels will be a good signing, cracking link up between midfield and attack.

Liked this lad when he was at Hibs at first. Admired his efforts in the game. Imagine just having the use of one eye? Would affect depth perception and vision etc but he still looks to have put in enough practice to overcome it. Fair play to the boy. Will get my full support nae bother.

Huttons defo not ready for a starting 11 place, so central midfield is a priority. Dobt know much about the Greek but sounds promising. Upfront, Sheils would be excellent. Beattie still linked? That would be a good pairing with Little as an impact sub.

Wow, lets hope we get him signed then! Sounds like an excellent addition to the squad.

Hahaha---do i detect a wee hint of sarcasm there .. must admit don't know anything about him but checked on wiki and this stood out

"On 12 June 2009, Kafes signed a new 3 year deal which will keep him at AEK until 2012. He agreed to reduce his wages to help the clubs financial difficulties."

Sounds like the type of player that we would want

Huttons defo not ready for a starting 11 place, so central midfield is a priority. Dobt know much about the Greek but sounds promising. Upfront, Sheils would be excellent. Beattie still linked? That would be a good pairing with Little as an impact sub.

Agree with you on hutton. Before today, i thought he'd be pulling the strings this season. Now theres a question mark on him. Although it could be the lack of games, and might come good with a few games under his belt.