Apparently no one person owns Ibrox outright!

robg58

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A consortium owning the club means a number of investors split the shares in the company, not 5-6 people own different parts of the stadium thats just odd.

The stadium should be 100% owned by the football club and the consortium aspect is related to the ownership of the shares in the company which owns he club/stadium in full.

Well done - bit of clarity on the matter.

See no issue if parts of the stadium have separate registered numbers, it covers a large area & with office facilities, etc, there would be some logic to this - I would have a concern if the parts were all registered to different people.

Anybody on here got access to Land Registry searches, to clear it up once & for all?

See no issue if parts of the stadium have separate registered numbers, it covers a large area & with office facilities, etc, there would be some logic to this - I would have a concern if the parts were all registered to different people.

Anybody on here got access to Land Registry searches, to clear it up once & for all?

Maybe he's been told aboot the bricks we fans own..........................

Maybe I'm being simple here because I'm not business savvy but here goes:

Surely if you were part of a consortium of say 5 people buying a Football Club like Rangers who's biggest asset is the wonderful stadium that is Ibrox then I'd imagine you would want to make sure that no one person in the consortium has full ownership of that said stadium and in turn no one person has full say on what to do with the stadium?

Seems a stupid way of doing things though and in all honesty I've not got a clue about this sort of stuff. :lol:

It was from di Stefano's twitter page:

http://twitter.com/DEVILSADVOKAT:

It would appear that there are six or so different names attached to the much vaunted deeds with no one person owning all of the assets again , so in theory nobody could sell without the consent of the others , hopefully.That;s what I read into it anyway.

Exactly what I took out of it, though as usual, someone jumps on the negative side, by saying they can't upgrade the stadium, bawbags.

Maybe I'm being simple here because I'm not business savvy but here goes:

Surely if you were part of a consortium of say 5 people buying a Football Club like Rangers who's biggest asset is the wonderful stadium that is Ibrox then I'd imagine you would want to make sure that no one person in the consortium has full ownership of that said stadium and in turn no one person has full say on what to do with the stadium?

But the no. of shares you own would determine your voting percentage.

I posted this earlier on this thread:

On 18th July I visited the Registers of Scotland office in Glasgow to actually check the ownership of Ibrox and Auchenhowie. The only application at that date for Ibrox Stadium (not bits and pieces of it) was for Sevco to transfer ownership from RFC Plc. The Title number for Ibrox Stadium is GLA 210958. That is not any of the numbers quoted. I believe that there are some titles to some smaller bits of land at the Broomloan Road end but not the actual stadium.

I know nothing, but I'll try to clear up what I think the doomsdayers are trying to say.

• Normally, a stadium would be owned by the company - not one person OR multiple people.
  • By splitting it up, these individuals can stake a claim to their share of rent money. The rent money would be paid by the company for the use of the stadium.
  • That means, if the consortium sell up, they can retain the stake in the different parts of the ground and hold any new owner to ransom for the use of the stadium, guaranteeing a few hundred thousand quid each every year until they die.

NO idea if this is what they mean, and even less idea if it's feasible, but just trying to clarify their point.

I fucking hate twitter. Bloody nightmare to keep track of a conversation on the fucking thing.

it easy all you have to do i realize that if they not talking about something crap like what they had for dinner then they just talking piss. So no need to look at anything further that said.

Why can't people just come out and fucking tell us?

This is probably what John brown was going on about.

Should spend more time on here mate,you're paranoid as fuck from reading that shite over there.

John Brown was farting peas at the moon,asked us not to buy season tickets,called fans from all areas in for a meeting and told them fuckall new!

He's now disappeared like he's been on holiday with the McCann's.

Not everyone is Craig Whyte although some want you to think like that.

Should spend more time on here mate,you're paranoid as fuck from reading that shite over there.

John Brown was farting peas at the moon,asked us not to buy season tickets,called fans from all areas in for a meeting and told them fuckall new!

He's now disappeared like he's been on holiday with the McCann's.

Not everyone is Craig Whyte although some want you to think like that.

If u mean FF i'm not on there anymore. Banned for fuck knows what, for EVER :lol: