Retire no 9 Jersey in honour of Coisty?

hellfirejet

The no 12 has been retired in honour of the Rangers support,do you think we should retire the no 9 jersey in honour of SUPER ALLY?

The Rangers No.9 jersey carries with a certain kudos that has to be an attraction for some players much as it does at newcastle etc down south due to the people that have worn it. I think it would be a far better idea to wait till Ally has done at Rangers and then maybe rename one of the stands after him.

Much as I really appreciate what he has done for the club I am not a fan of honouring active players or managers myself.

The no 12 has been retired in honour of the Rangers support,do you think we should retire the no 9 jersey in honour of SUPER ALLY?

This idea is a non starter due to the fact the SFL has no squad numbers. Maybe in 3 years the idea can be up for review.

No and we should not have retired the number 12 either.

Clubs and football are all about history and we are witnessing just a small part of it, although doubtful who is to say that years down the line someone else comes in to pull on the famous number 9 jersey and create another piece of history.

Retiring jerseys is just plain daft if you ask me and I would go one step further and do away with squad numbers and go back to 1 to 11.

No disrespect to Ally or any other player but its not for me.

No I think theres something special about that number 9 jersey, it just means goals to me. And I have to agree with southcoastbear about honouring people still active at the club, just look at Murray Park. It would never be named that now.

Definitely NO. We have had legendary #9's in the past from when this great club began and we will have legendary #9's in the future...If we had retired a number for every legend of the age that played for Rangers we would have ran out of numbers years ago :pipe:

On the SFL 1-11 argument, Northern Ireland play 1-11 in internationals, however Aaron Hughes wears the number 16.

In saying that, I dont think 9 should be retired. Once Ally has done all he wants at Rangers there are bigger accolades for him, such as statues or stands being renamed.