The banging of the advertising boards..

welsh103

You young chaps would have been driven to distraction at Ibrox in the 60's when we had advertisement metal boards hanging on the walls around the outside of the terracing which would be rattled by the wee boys hinging over said walls. Nae electronic wizardry then and you would have hated the football rattle that was still seen occasionally at Ibrox then.wooden_football_rattles.jpg

I was looking at the advertising boards and wondering whether Peterhead always had those electronic ones? Is it part of Sky's contribution and Rangers coming to town or were they always there?

They must be portable for when the tv comes to town, noticed them at Berwick too.

Seriously? That performance and you're worried aboot a few waens getting excited supporting their team.

Thank God the mike didnae pick up the sound o that wee fat kid eating his crisps.

Well to be fair I started the thread not long into the game.

The banging of the boards was rhythm-less. If they'd been banged in time to a song or chant then I'd have preferred that obviously.