Some truths following our opening day in Division Three

papaguy51

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally seems perfectly able to motivate the fans, so why he can't seem to do the same with the players on a consistent basis is a mystery to me. And that is not based solely on this season, the same was said many times last season too.

I've said it on here before, Ally McCoist is my idol but I had doubts about him as a Manager as soon as he was named as Smith's successor. There's no doubt he faced many challenges last season beyond what any would be expected to endure,but on a purely footballing level I still have doubts about his managerial ability.

Starting again at this level should be an ideal opportunity for him to cut his teeth and learn his trade, but we seem to be seeing the same tactical and motivational errors that we were strewn with last season, particularly when we faced opposition that by rights we should have been superior to.

There are only so many times we can put poor performances down to 'a bad day at the office', however, given Ally's standing with the Rangers support he will be given more time than anyone else would to get things right. Lets just hope he can.

I agree.

I love Ally but he aint a manager. :disappointment:

He is still in a difficult place. Is probably grateful that the players that have stayed are there.

His answer to the radio question is spot on....

Do you feel the players let you down?

No they let themselves down....

Ally seems perfectly able to motivate the fans, so why he can't seem to do the same with the players on a consistent basis is a mystery to me. And that is not based solely on this season, the same was said many times last season too.

I've said it on here before, Ally McCoist is my idol but I had doubts about him as a Manager as soon as he was named as Smith's successor. There's no doubt he faced many challenges last season beyond what any would be expected to endure,but on a purely footballing level I still have doubts about his managerial ability.

Starting again at this level should be an ideal opportunity for him to cut his teeth and learn his trade, but we seem to be seeing the same tactical and motivational errors that we were strewn with last season, particularly when we faced opposition that by rights we should have been superior to.

There are only so many times we can put poor performances down to 'a bad day at the office', however, given Ally's standing with the Rangers support he will be given more time than anyone else would to get things right. Lets just hope he can.

He will...and he deserves the full support of the fans.

As for the players they need to ask themselves. Do they want to be here? If not go?

It's all very nice to say we should get the ball down and play. THIS IS DIV 3. You think teams will lets us make 20-30 passes around them all day every day? Fact is pretty football will not get us back to the top, lots of bloody hard work is needed. We need to be fitter, faster, stronger. Those saying we should play these teams off the park - It takes a minimum of 5 years to properly create that type of football in your youth teams, we gonna let our kids get a battering from these pumped up part timers while we wait for the silky passing moves. We are not Barcelona or Swansea. I'd love it but we're not. And Div 3/ Div 2/ Div 1 is not the time for experiments. Lets get back to the top, then address the future of our youth teams.

It's all very nice to say we should get the ball down and play. THIS IS DIV 3. You think teams will lets us make 20-30 passes around them all day every day? Fact is pretty football will not get us back to the top, lots of bloody hard work is needed. We need to be fitter, faster, stronger. Those saying we should play these teams off the park - It takes a minimum of 5 years to properly create that type of football in your youth teams, we gonna let our kids get a battering from these pumped up part timers while we wait for the silky passing moves. We are not Barcelona or Swansea. I'd love it but we're not. And Div 3/ Div 2/ Div 1 is not the time for experiments. Lets get back to the top, then address the future of our youth teams.

It's the Scottish third division. We are a full time team with international players we should be passing them off the. Park. I've seen team s that are a couple of divisions up in Sunday leagues do this. This division should be a cakewalk and won with style. No excuses for anything less.

Yesterdays brought us right down to earth. People were saying we'd walk every game.

I still think we'll have promotion tied up in record time, and some games will be 4, 5, or 6 nil. But now and again (especially away from home), we'll struggle.

So much nonsense in that post.

The highlighted part takes the biscuit,thank fuck you aren't in charge of our future.

It's the Scottish third division. We are a full time team with international players we should be passing them off the. Park. I've seen team s that are a couple of divisions up in Sunday leagues do this. This division should be a cakewalk and won with style. No excuses for anything less.

Absolutely this.

Post of the day

As I said above, all benchmarks of Walter Smith.

Late, often too late, when changing the team, an abundance of strikers leading to us playing them as wingers, everyone back for corners and far too much respect, possession and territory given to inferior sides.

Be your own man Ally, please!

He's the man in charge and picks the Team.

If he isn't doing that why is he in the job?

Can the start we had last Season be allowed to repeat itself?

The SPL would have kittens if we didn't get promotion and what we would be saying doesn't bear thinking about.

:sherlock:

When we were in the SPL everyone said, now is not the time for experiments, we can't blood the youngsters in these must win games.

Now we are in Div 3 there are people saying we shouldn't be experimenting?

Now is exactly the time that we should be changing the way we play. If we lower ourselves to bigger, stronger, fitter, then we become a lower division team. We are a top tier team that have been thrown into the lower leagues, we should be passing these teams off the park. Let the hammer throwers of the lower leagues chase shadows.. Sure they will try and stop us passing, thats what every team that plays Barcelona and Spain try to do, they don't have a high success rate.

You say we are not Barcelona or Swansea? Swansea? You are right we are neither of those teams, we are Rangers and we are in the 3rd Division and frankly to the Peterheads and the East Stirling's of the world we may as well be Barcelona and we surely tae fuck can aim higher than being a Swansea

Not a good start but a good wake-up call for the team. Everybody knows games like these will be cup ties so its up to the maqnagement and team to deal with that. I'm not going to be complacent about breezing through the lower leagues - it may be tougher than we think. I'm looking for the team to be ruthless in every game - scoring as many goals as we can get in every game and for the defence to do its job. And if we meet any SPL parasites on the way through cup ties to give them a real taste of angry bears out for revenge. We have a job to do - and the only people that can do it is the club including its fans. Its important that we ccontinue to back them to the hilt - and loudly - for every game and right through the entire seasons. This is only the start of the fightback.

Make no mistake the discredited SFA and SPL, assisted by biased BBC reporting and behind the scenes cheerleading from the Scottish Govt, will soon start their next stages of getting rid of us completely. I suspect they will:

1. Pronounce an SPL without Rangers as a success with better quality games - the problem element as they see it having being removed for ever.

2. Declare the SFL as an improving set up with us in it. Meaning that our revenue boosts parasite clubs and the plan is to keep us in the SFL for as long as they can. Even if they have to manufacture more issues that need penalising to keep us down. They simply want us kept out of the top flight and kept in the SFL to boost SFL income

3. Smooth the way for their preferred Scottish representative club to get the best possible run through the Champions League

4. Hound a Rangers management team for every statement they dare to make criticising the SFA and SPL

The truth is, our motley squad of half in half outs are no shoe in for promotion this year.

I'm sad to see this happen, but we've been reduced to a pile of rubble.

Today was akin to watching minnows feast of a rotted whale carcass.

Seriously,Admin?

Why is this beadrattler still here?

Here, dont dare criticise Ally after EVERYTHING! He deserves a fair crack at the whip. His signings this season so far have impressed me. Theres half our team who, in all honesty, dont want to be here.

Bocanegra is linked with a different MLS club every day, Goian cant get a club to fork out his reported £19000 a week, and where is Edu? Not to mention Broadfoot being linked with a move away and looking uninterested.

When the dust settles, and we know whos staying, Ally will rally the team and get them all pulling in the right direction. Weve had a kick up the arse now.

IMO i'd like to see Goianegra leave now and make way for Perry (when fit) and Hegarty. Thats our future.

Here, dont dare criticise Ally after EVERYTHING! He deserves a fair crack at the whip. His signings this season so far have impressed me. Theres half our team who, in all honesty, dont want to be here.

Bocanegra is linked with a different MLS club every day, Goian cant get a club to fork out his reported £19000 a week, and where is Edu? Not to mention Broadfoot being linked with a move away and looking uninterested.

When the dust settles, and we know whos staying, Ally will rally the team and get them all pulling in the right direction. Weve had a kick up the arse now.

IMO i'd like to see Goianegra leave now and make way for Perry (when fit) and Hegarty. Thats our future.

Cribari will replace one of them.