John Brown

I can understand why he may apologise to the support (false promises etc), but why does he 'owe' Charles Green an apology?

For being a nuisance and a distraction at crucial times. thats why.

If he does not apologise I dont expect to see him anytime soon, do you?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe for a second that Brown ever did anything that he didn't feel was in the best interests of the club. Some of his actions, however, were misguided in the extreme. He got carried away and was playing at things he didn't understand.

Maybe an apology to Green, and indeed the fans would go a long way towards making amends. Maybe he could eventually be welcomed back to Ibrox (although on the training ground, definitely not the boardroom!).

Totally agree mate, Bomber's a man with issues & I don't think for a second he believed he was doing anything that wasn't in the best interests of Rangers. I think he was manipulated by people who saw him as an easy stooge, and let down badly by people close to him who could/should have steered him away from it all.

Of course, I have know way of knowing this is the case, just my take based on what I do know.

I can understand why he may apologise to the support (false promises etc), but why does he 'owe' Charles Green an apology?

Some of the stuff Brown came out with was bordering on slander considering he produced zero evidence to back up the claims, all at a time where Charles was working hard to get us actually playing football.

For being a nuisance and a distraction at crucial times. thats why.

If he does not apologise I dont expect to see him anytime soon, do you?

By nuisance you mean asking pertinent questions? He clearly was out his depth, but he has nothing to apologise to Charles Green for. People seem determined to ridicule the man, the 'show me the deeds' 'comedy' is embarrassing.

By nuisance you mean asking pertinent questions? He clearly was out his depth, but he has nothing to apologise to Charles Green for. People seem determined to ridicule the man, the 'show me the deeds' 'comedy' is embarrassing.

Pertinent questions :lol:

Think you will find he started the deeds comedy himself

In all honesty he is a legend. I respect the guy to the max, but everything he did concerning the takeover bid etc, was cringe worthy, and looked rodiculous to be honest. He should have stayed at his local and played the bingo instead.

Calling him a rat maybe?

If he did call him a rat, then yes apologise. If we are speaking generally then no, I think Brown's behaviour was misguided but not worthy of a grovelling apology. Maybe in a year or so if Green and co do a good job then he may have to eat humble pie. Not yet though.

If he did call him a rat, then yes apologise. If we are speaking generally then no, I think Brown's behaviour was misguided but not worthy of a grovelling apology. Maybe in a year or so if Green and co do a good job then he may have to eat humble pie. Not yet though.

Brown's accusations were basically that he was heading a Craig Whyte bid to steal all our money and let us go bust again.

That is already looking unlikely, what with all these signings and the likes of Mike Ashley getting involved.

Although his intentions may have been noble. He was out of his depth and his assumptions and accusations seemingly misinformed. For all he may have been a good player this isnt his area of expertise. Leave the running of the business side of things to business people who know what they are talking about.

Brown made a complete fool of himself and some of his comments were deplorable. To be fair, he's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier and was horribly used and abused by some folk that should know better.

Water of a ducks back to Green who's clearly got the skin of a, err, duck.

:lol:

Yea a rat and he said the season ticket money was coming in one door and out the next etc,also insinuating that Green had no intention of applying for our transfer of membership.

His silence speaks volumes and he could do himself a big favour and save some face by apologising for his conduct at a time when we were all supposed to be united and focused on actually getting a licence and a league to play in.

We know he had the best interests of the club at heart but it doesn't excuse his behaviour.

Really no' intae the slaughtering of Bomber on here. Aye, he made an arse of himself, was almost certainly misguided & could well have been used by others as a patsy, taking advantage of his weaknesses/vulnerabilities and exploiting him for their own benefit but he's one of us.

He was out doing what he thought had to be done to save Rangers while most of us were watching it unfold on our screens - call that what you want but at least give him credit for having the courage of his convictions, off-target as (I hope) they may have been.