John Brown

Also fair points regarding trust issues - I get what you're saying and you've every right to be sceptical. But we owe Green this much - he put the money in for the CVA, got us a licence to play football again and paid money to keep us going while this whole mess played out (at least a few million). Imagine everyone listened to Brown and avoided buying tickets? We could be in a very bad way right now.

I am warming to some things about Green; but I will watch him and reserve plaudits when for when he leaves Ibrox. I envy you in a way; but I am set in my ways on this point. The club has gone through too much in the last decade.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am warming to some things about Green; but I will watch him and reserve plaudits when for when he leaves Ibrox. I envy you in a way; but I am set in my ways on this point. The club has gone through too much in the last decade.

That shows that while you're sceptical, you're also open to the idea of backing him if he earns it - which is all anyone can really ask (tu)

I hope ten years from now we'll remember fondly the time he took the fight to them :pipe:

The man is a legend and a Bear at that. I believe he was emotional, like all of us and he got carried away. He's probably feeling embarrassed right now.

I'd just like to say. Rangers is a family. Your family bomber. Hope to see back soon.

every family has a mental drunk uncle. So i guess i see your point :D

Strange to see the way most talk about John Brown on here. He might not be a great orator, but that took guts what he did outside the Stadium, and no I wasn't there, and I dare anyone to say he didn't care that night. He might be wrong; time may even say he was right- I hope he is proved wrong- but at least the man was willing to care about this club.

That was no way to go about caring for the club.

Whos name was on the deeds then, did we ever find out?

Slagging off a great servant like Bomber before the story isnt even half finished is a little premature. Green and Bomber have the same business plan, the only difference is we chose to back charlie. Time will tell if its the right choice.

I certainly know who id feel happier with. A loyal player that sweated blood for us or some wide boy from england. The sad thing about it all is Bomber done greens PR work for him on the night of the steps.

Whos name was on the deeds then, did we ever find out?

Slagging off a great servant like Bomber before the story isnt even half finished is a little premature. Green and Bomber have the same business plan, the only difference is we chose to back charlie. Time will tell if its the right choice.

I certainly know who id feel happier with. A loyal player that sweated blood for us or some wide boy from england. The sad thing about it all is Bomber done greens PR work for him on the night of the steps.

Cry me a river about how brilliant a player John Brown was, why does that mean I should want him running my club?

The deeds are there for the public to see, Brown actually refused to see them when offered.

Ok then, describe to be in any way how that was going to help anything?

Oh no, you are not burdening me with the responsibility to give your opinion credibility. I have already said he could have been wrong, and I hope he is wrong. You said he was completely wrong; despite the context of circumstances that lead, not just him but quite a gathering outside the Main Stand. The onus is on you to back up your estimation of him and what he did. But from angle, I will say this: I saw a man, from the footage, who cared passionately about Rangers. That will do me any day.

Oh no, you are not burdening me with the responsibility to give your opinion credibility. I have already said he could have been wrong, and I hope he is wrong. You said he was completely wrong; despite the context of circumstances that lead, not just him but quite a gathering outside the Main Stand. The onus is on you to back up your estimation of him and what he did. But from angle, I will say this: I saw a man, from the footage, who cared passionately about Rangers. That will do me any day.

Oh yes, Rangers men have really never let us down throughout this saga. :rolleyes:

Cry me a river about how brilliant a player John Brown was, why does that mean I should want him running my club?

The deeds are there for the public to see, Brown actually refused to see them when offered.

It doesnt mean you should want him running the club, it means he deserves a little respect(not talking about you in particular).

Im asking you and the others if they know whos name is on the deeds? who owns us now? Can anyone actually answer this, or is sevco a good enough answer? Imran says when you talk to him you are talking to 70% of the shareholders. That doesnt sound like no-one owning more than 10% to me. Another little gem swept under the carpet.

And what exactly does that mean in regard to John Brown or any other Rangers man for that matter?

That I don't see why his position as a former player, fan etc should see him cut more slack than anyone else.

Behaving like Brown did would only have been justified if he had proper evidence of his accusations and/or he was actually fronting something even close to a serious bid.

All it did was create diversity and doubt, his good friend Ally McCoist has come out backing Green and asked fans to buy season tickets so it was a total waste of time.

That I don't see why his position as a former player, fan etc should see him cut more slack than anyone else.

Behaving like Brown did would only have been justified if he had proper evidence of his accusations and/or he was actually fronting something even close to a serious bid.

All it did was create diversity and doubt, his good friend Ally McCoist has come out backing Green and asked fans to buy season tickets so it was a total waste of time.

I can't disagree too much with your second paragraph; except to say love is blind. I will give John Brown the benefit of the doubt on that one. I don't think he handled it brilliantly; but I can certainly understand why he did what he did. If he proves to be wrong then so be it.

Those defending the good ship Brown and all who sailed in him should remember that he called thousands of Bears disloyal for buying a season ticket from this regime. That was a scandalous thing for Brown to say.

Once Brown apologises for those disgusting remarks then we might feel more charitable towards his intentions.