Anti-Racism Campaigner Paul Elliott, Once Told A Little Lie About Rangers Fans

DarcheVinny

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never even gave it a thought about the "bump"

But you're right, we shouldn't let this lie.

Did Clark Carlisle ever get back to anyone about it?

Never heard a word from him after he promised to "speak to Paul about this", nor has the PFA had the courtesy of replying to my repeated emails regarding this pernicious lie being spread by Elliot. I can only assume that the PFA only views racism from one particular direction!!

Never heard a word from him after he promised to "speak to Paul about this", nor has the PFA had the courtesy of replying to my repeated emails regarding this pernicious lie being spread by Elliot. I can only assume that the PFA only views racism from one particular direction!!

Maybe someone in the Daily Mail would be interested

Did anything ever come of this? I remember Clarke Carlisle said he would ask him about it, anyone heard anything?

Your right mate. This has been discussed on here before and the OP wrote/contacted Clarke carlisle who said he would look into it! never heard a dickie bird since?

N-word slur by CBE ace

Anti-racism chief's rant

A FOOTBALL anti-racism champion has sparked a race row after calling another black man “n*****”.

Ex-England and Chelsea star Paul Elliott, a leading light of the Kick It Out campaign, made the slur against another former player, Richard Rufus.

Elliott, 48, launched the broadside in a text argument over a business venture that went wrong. He wrote to Rufus: “Ur a stupid man n*****” then added: “You dog. Ur history my friend.”

The row ended with Elliott, recently made a CBE for services to equality and diversity in the game, warning: “This will follow you scumbag.”

Last night neither he or ex-Charlton ace Rufus, 38, would comment on the argument or the insult.

But it is understood Elliott insists the term was not offensive because of the nature of the conversation and as it was between two black men.

Earlier this month he spoke of his “great sense of personal pride” at receiving his CBE at Buckingham Palace.

The row is likely to embarrass the Football Association. Chairman David Bernstein recently praised Elliott for his work, saying it was “an example to us all”.

After injury cut short Elliott’s career in 1992, he became a TV and radio pundit.

He has been a trustee of Kick It Out since 1996 and is tipped to become next chairman. The Professional Footballers’ Association declined to comment on the row

N-word slur by CBE ace

Anti-racism chief's rant

A FOOTBALL anti-racism champion has sparked a race row after calling another black man “n*****”.

Ex-England and Chelsea star Paul Elliott, a leading light of the Kick It Out campaign, made the slur against another former player, Richard Rufus.

Elliott, 48, launched the broadside in a text argument over a business venture that went wrong. He wrote to Rufus: “Ur a stupid man n*****” then added: “You dog. Ur history my friend.”

The row ended with Elliott, recently made a CBE for services to equality and diversity in the game, warning: “This will follow you scumbag.”

Last night neither he or ex-Charlton ace Rufus, 38, would comment on the argument or the insult.

But it is understood Elliott insists the term was not offensive because of the nature of the conversation and as it was between two black men.

Earlier this month he spoke of his “great sense of personal pride” at receiving his CBE at Buckingham Palace.

The row is likely to embarrass the Football Association. Chairman David Bernstein recently praised Elliott for his work, saying it was “an example to us all”.

After injury cut short Elliott’s career in 1992, he became a TV and radio pundit.

He has been a trustee of Kick It Out since 1996 and is tipped to become next chairman. The Professional Footballers’ Association declined to comment on the row

oh dear oh dear, can't believe this buffoon has a cbe! He's always been a twat, hated him on football itallia, hated him playing for Celtic, hate that hes had he honour of playing for Chelsea, hate the way he's managed to stay in the public eye. Richard Rufus on the other hand...hero!

Dear ..........,

Forgive my not responding, I have been communicating with two other people regarding this and assumed the messages were from them.

I have had no response from Paul about this and have no other avenue for action. We are neither a governing or sanctioning body which means our options are limited.

In order to get a response that you may be happy with, I would suggest that you refer this to the sanctioning body who has the remit to act on this, the Scottish FA.

I have had many other incidents like this involving black, white and Asian people, players and club officials who believe that we are an investigative body. I'm afraid we are not and we have to refer all cases to the relevant body that will deal with it. We then have to continue to lobby these bodies for the appropriate action.

I apologise that I cannot be of any further assistance.

God bless,

Clarke Carlisle

Chairman

PFA

20 Oxford Court

Bishopsgate

Manchester

M2 3WQ

Tel - 0161 236 0575

Fax - 0161 228 7229

Dear ..........,

Forgive my not responding, I have been communicating with two other people regarding this and assumed the messages were from them.

I have had no response from Paul about this and have no other avenue for action. We are neither a governing or sanctioning body which means our options are limited.

In order to get a response that you may be happy with, I would suggest that you refer this to the sanctioning body who has the remit to act on this, the Scottish FA.

I have had many other incidents like this involving black, white and Asian people, players and club officials who believe that we are an investigative body. I'm afraid we are not and we have to refer all cases to the relevant body that will deal with it. We then have to continue to lobby these bodies for the appropriate action.

I apologise that I cannot be of any further assistance.

God bless,

Clarke Carlisle

Chairman

PFA

20 Oxford Court

Bishopsgate

Manchester

M2 3WQ

Tel - 0161 236 0575

Fax - 0161 228 7229

Alternatively you could stick a hot poker up yer arse and bang yer heed off a roughcast wall for 24 hours.