Anti-Racism Campaigner Paul Elliott, Once Told A Little Lie About Rangers Fans

DarcheVinny

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re:The game at Ibrox when we pumped the kiddie fiddlers 3-0 and el*iot pointed to Mark Walters

when we were givin' him abuse as if to say "he's black too".

I was in the Copeland front when he did that and i remember shouting at him,

not that he would have heard during a Rangers v septic game.

"It's no because a the colour o yer skin,it's because a the colour o yer jersey.......ya cunt". :wanker:

Think that game was one of the first league games to be shown live on sky/bskyb.

TBF, i was in Copland front for that game as well and remember the incident well. A few unsavoury things did happen, shall we say, but the story above is absolutely unbelievable and someone should confront him to take that pile of pish back. (tu)

It stands to reason that if racism isn't actually a footballing phenomenon (but simply reflects racism within society) then you're going to get it at all clubs and it doesn't make much sense having tit-for-tat arguments about us being racist, or Celtic being racist, or Aberdeen being racist or any of the rest of it.

In fact, dredging up stories from 20-30 years ago doesn't do anyone any favours. If you look at it objectively the progress on eradicating racism from football has actually been quite extensive. It still exists, but if you compare the situation now to what we had in the 80s (where people were openly racist on a regular basis - our fans included, but no more than any other club) then anti-racist organisations should take heart from the fact that all of these campaigns generally work. Let's focus on the success of that rather than wallowing in what the situation was like decades ago.

It stands to reason that if racism isn't actually a footballing phenomenon (but simply reflects racism within society) then you're going to get it at all clubs and it doesn't make much sense having tit-for-tat arguments about us being racist, or Celtic being racist, or Aberdeen being racist or any of the rest of it.

In fact, dredging up stories from 20-30 years ago doesn't do anyone any favours. If you look at it objectively the progress on eradicating racism from football has actually been quite extensive. It still exists, but if you compare the situation now to what we had in the 80s (where people were openly racist on a regular basis - our fans included, but no more than any other club) then anti-racist organisations should take heart from the fact that all of these campaigns generally work. Let's focus on the success of that rather than wallowing in what the situation was like decades ago.

Okay honky, calm yer jets. :uk::P:uk:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I realize this topic hasn't been spoke about for a while I was speaking to a guy today and decided to have another look.

If you try to click on the runnymede organization website to see Paul Elliots speech where he lied, they have deleted the link.

Every other speech that day still has a link.

This to me, to this day, this is still one of the worst attempts to blacken the name of our support.

This c**t is a member of FARE for f**k sake.

I realize this topic hasn't been spoke about for a while I was speaking to a guy today and decided to have another look.

If you try to click on the runnymede organization website to see Paul Elliots speech where he lied, they have deleted the link.

Every other speech that day still has a link.

This to me, to this day, this is still one of the worst attempts to blacken the name of our support.

This c**t is a member of FARE for f**k sake.

Quality bumping

We shouldn't let this lie and "official" supporters groups should be taking this forward

Think the Scotsman was the rhag and that says a lot for me .These rodent lovers probably changed the words or even altered his version of events .Its my guess because we have all seen the evidence that it was beggars and Hearts fans that were guilty of banana throwing .Its on YouTube in the game where Mark Walter made his deput in 3-1 defeat in nov 1988

Quality bumping

We shouldn't let this lie and "official" supporters groups should be taking this forward

Never even gave it a thought about the "bump"

But you're right, we shouldn't let this lie.

Did Clark Carlisle ever get back to anyone about it?

do you need a career after football?

no talent for coaching?

play the race card for a living and become professionally offended.

that Powar from FARE was a classic, daddy wanted her to be a lawyer but she wasnt bright enough so she did a degree in being offended and for her dissertation she wrote a study on being asian in glasgow - way to stretch yerself girl.

Jees if you think that's name dropping ..well I had better not reply to other threads with instances that have happened :uk:tongue.gif

No offence I can out name drop if I have to, 4 PMS and the queen on a one to one know my my name sort of style to start, When our Queen knows you by sight I think I win this name drop game!

No offence I can out name drop if I have to, 4 PMS and the queen on a one to one know my my name sort of style to start, When our Queen knows you by sight I think I win this name drop game!

I'm not part of the Glasgow gay scene , let alone the Sheperds Bush one :P

But I have had more than 4 PMs on here :thumbup:

I'm not part of the Glasgow gay scene , let alone the Sheperds Bush one :P

But I have had more than 4 PMs on here :thumbup:

Ah well you know what I meant-when you make a joke of a situation you are failing to make a valid argument,

Don't know anything about the gay scene and Shepherds Bush is hardly Soho in that regard, As for PM you knew what I was on about! However every Friday I ignore them as there is always some poster asking after who is in a GIF( nobody seems to realize Google can image search these days )

Ah well you know what I meant-when you make a joke of a situation you are failing to make a valid argument,

Don't know anything about the gay scene and Shepherds Bush is hardly Soho in that regard, As for PM you knew what I was on about! However every Friday I ignore them as there is always some poster asking after who is in a GIF( nobody seems to realize Google can image search these days )

Valid argument............... strange use of words.......I never argue, discuss yes , but I failed to see what was up for discussion (tu)