Liverpool

Spot on mate I know lads of both religions that support either club , it's just never been an issue as far as I'm aware . Although they seem obsessed with their closeness to Cektic in recent years whilst Everton (in my opinion ) have got closer to rangers , to be fair Celtic & Liverpool are a match made in heaven in my opinion .

It was for good reason that he post of mine that you quoted finished with this.

Neither club has those ties to any great extent these days.
;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Liverpool Derby is one of the tamest in the country - mostly because Everton are viewed as a wee cousin by the red side. They keep their hatred for Manchester United. Think Real and Barcelona.

As for sectarianism in Liverpool:

http://www.toffeeweb.com/fans/beingblue/religion.asp

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/liverpool/hi/people_and_places/religion_and_ethics/newsid_8241000/8241927.stm

http://www.thetablet.co.uk/article/2828

Hope this helps.

I'll quote from your first link first;-

"The religious division between the two Glasgow rivals is a very real factor that bears no comparison on Merseyside, where the two clubs grew from the same root". Dead right. No sectarianism in Merseyside football.

I failed to make myself clear. I was referring to football as this is supposed to be a football website, no? There are plenty of bigots in Liverpool, but they tend to keep it out of football and save it for their pointless 'walks'. Orange and green. The tameness issue you raise comes from the lack of success from Everton recently. The mancs have succeeded the kopites and that's where the hatred comes from. Don't forget, it will be a lot less tame in Liverpool on derby day than in Glasgow for the forseeable future.

Hope this helps.

Spot on mate I know lads of both religions that support either club , it's just never been an issue as far as I'm aware . Although they seem obsessed with their closeness to Cektic in recent years whilst Everton (in my opinion ) have got closer to rangers , to be fair Celtic & Liverpool are a match made in heaven in my opinion .

There's examples on both sides regarding Liverpool mate. Their banner for Hillsborough at Celtic Park and their banner for the Ibrox disaster not long backspring to mind. I think that, regarding a match made in heaven, our red friends are out on their own. Think Badge Man.....

Lets see.

Entitlement Complex - Check.

More successful Rivals - Check

You'll Never Walk Alone - Check

King Kenny - Check

Blame the refs for failure - Check

Turn off managers at the drop of a hat even though they have brought a lot of success to the club - Check

Vile, racist players - Check

Shall we continue? :pipe:

Going by the size of the club of course their is a sense of entitlement, just as their is at Rangers

More successful rivals?? who would that be, Liverpool are the most successful English team of all time

You'll Never Walk Alone - what can you do if the Tims start fucking singing it

King Kenny - A Liverpool Legend, should you not celebrate a club legend because he played for Celtic, plenty on here celebrate Kenny Miller

Blame Refs - Oh come on thats just sad?? every club does that

Turn off managers at the drop of a hat??? who would that be??? Hodgson who was never wanted or Kenny who wasted millions

Vile Racist Players?? Thats plural so can i have names please, i assume the only one you will say is Suarez, but that again just shows your ignorance, one mans word against another.

Come on continue, your 'reasons' are getting more pathetic as you go along.

Ok lets continue!

Delusional fans - Check

Criminal fans - Check

Fans spew vile abuse half the time - Check

No dignity - Check

Arsehole owner - Check

Shite transfers that backfire almost every time - Check

I'm sure I have a few more written down somewhere give me a minute!

Delusional fans??? Explain please

Criminal fans??? Again explanation please

Fans spew vile abuse half the time??? FFS your just getting pathetic now

No dignity??? And were do you get that from???

Arsehole owner?? What has John Henry and Tom Werner done to be called that

Shite transfers?? Absolutely 100% correct on that

Going by the size of the club of course their is a sense of entitlement, just as their is at Rangers

More successful rivals?? who would that be, Liverpool are the most successful English team of all time

You'll Never Walk Alone - what can you do if the Tims start fucking singing it

King Kenny - A Liverpool Legend, should you not celebrate a club legend because he played for Celtic, plenty on here celebrate Kenny Miller

Blame Refs - Oh come on thats just sad?? every club does that

Turn off managers at the drop of a hat??? who would that be??? Hodgson who was never wanted or Kenny who wasted millions

Vile Racist Players?? Thats plural so can i have names please, i assume the only one you will say is Suarez, but that again just shows your ignorance, one mans word against another.

Come on continue, your 'reasons' are getting more pathetic as you go along.

1. There is a sense of entitlement, then there is Liverpool fans.

2. I think you will find Manchester United are now, unless I need to refer you to the 'Delusional Fans' point.

3. You don't deny the similarity.

4. You don't deny the similarity.

5. Only one club has gone so far as to pay for a poster with Howard Webb photoshopped into a Manchester United shirt.

6. It would be a certain Mr. Benitez and Mr, Hodgson. Don't agree? See the 'Delusional Fans' point.

7. Suarez and every single player that supported him, including your manager and owners. He was found guilty of racism by an independent tribunal. Don't agree? See: 'Delusional Fans'.

Delusional fans??? Explain please

Criminal fans??? Again explanation please

Fans spew vile abuse half the time??? FFS your just getting pathetic now

No dignity??? And were do you get that from???

Arsehole owner?? What has John Henry and Tom Werner done to be called that

Shite transfers?? Absolutely 100% correct on that

1. I think the above post has confirmed much of this point, but if it's still in doubt I refer you to the RAWK forum.

2. You literally got us banned from Europe for a couple of years after that stunt in Belgium. Don't try to deny your fans aren't criminal.

3. I can probably give you this point as most of the vile stuff I see on RAWK exclusively. But some of that is pretty goddamn bad.

4. See: The above 3 points and the Suarez saga.

5. Any guy that owns the Boston Red Sox is an arsehole in my and many others opinion.

6. You already agree with this point.

1. There is a sense of entitlement, then there is Liverpool fans.

2. I think you will find Manchester United are now, unless I need to refer you to the 'Delusional Fans' point.

3. You don't deny the similarity.

4. You don't deny the similarity.

5. Only one club has gone so far as to pay for a poster with Howard Webb photoshopped into a Manchester United shirt.

6. It would be a certain Mr. Benitez and Mr, Hodgson. Don't agree? See the 'Delusional Fans' point.

7. Suarez and every single player that supported him, including your manager and owners. He was found guilty of racism by an independent tribunal. Don't agree? See: 'Delusional Fans'.

You must be a wind-up merchant - nobody could post as much ill-informed pish otherwise.

:lol:

Scousers don't belong amongst the human race never mind the champions league.

There are thousands of Rangers supporting scousers. No-one like us and we don't care, eh? The likes of you don't even care for the people who do like us, so fuckoff.

There are thousands of Rangers supporting scousers. No-one like us and we don't care, eh? The likes of you don't even care for the people who do like us, so fuckoff.

Whenever you get over your 'Scouse not English' phase, and therefore get over yourselves, give us a call and we will happily welcome you back into civilized society!

Whenever you get over your 'Scouse not English' phase, and therefore get over yourselves, give us a call and we will happily welcome you back into civilized society!

I've never used that phrase in my life and it is only a minority of wankers who do. Do you always generalise about people when armed with such little evidence?