Not Firing on all cylinders

The Hammer 11

It looked to me at times today that the team and players weren't firing on all cylinders and i think a large part in this is the lack of a pre season meaning the players haven't quite gelled,some of the crosses and passes just seemed to be a few yards out now i think once we get another two or three games under our belts we are due to dismantle a team possibly hitting double figures,we could have done this today if we were a bit sharper ,onwards and upwards !

1345313384' post='1060346566']

It looked to me at times today that the team and players weren't firing on all cylinders and i think a large part in this is the lack of a pre season meaning the players haven't quite gelled,some of the crosses and passes just seemed to be a few yards out now i think once we get another two or three games under our belts we are due to dismantle a team possibly hitting double figures,we could have done this today if we were a bit sharper ,onwards and upwards !

The first 30 minutes were brutal

I wouldn't usually think this sort of thing, but I'd rather we didn't hit double figures and completely humiliate the other teams in the league.

for the sake of the hatchet men of other teams not going after our players there were some brutal challenges today but thats life in division 3

When we punt high balls, play slow football and give the opposition time to reorganise, we are terrible quite frankly.

When we get the ball down, up the tempo and get in the faces of the opposition, we look far better.

Ally needs to send the players out with the intention to do the latter from the start, that doesn't seem to be happening.

With a bit more luck and a more competant referee we could have hit 10 today, that added with Sandoza being Sandaza, he will come good but lord there were times today he looked like Ally McCoists early days at Ibrox.

Totally agree mate. Av been sayin we looked a wee bit sluggish and a put it down to lack of a pre season.

We are effectively just completing our pre season now. Most of our players have had a decent amount of training, but virtually no game time. Some haven't even had a decent amount of training. I wouldn't expect us to be firing on all cylinders for another 2 or 3 weeks yet.

As for hitting double figures....lets not run before we can walk, yeah? (tu)

When we punt high balls, play slow football and give the opposition time to reorganise, we are terrible quite frankly.

When we get the ball down, up the tempo and get in the faces of the opposition, we look far better.

Ally needs to send the players out with the intention to do the latter from the start, that doesn't seem to be happening.

i think one advantage that will come out of being in the lower divisions (and i mean this should happen 3 times for us), is that after about 15 games or so, we have a big enough lead built up in the league that means we will start to relax and play football. there is nowhere near the pressure on us that there has been, and we dont have to worry about results from other grounds. so hopefully there is never a panic if we go a goal down - we just get the ball down, play football, and know that we will win in the end. this will hopefully be good for us in the future if we can keep this mentality

1345314291' post='1060346614']

Very true

i think one advantage that will come out of being in the lower divisions (and i mean this should happen 3 times for us), is that after about 15 games or so, we have a big enough lead built up in the league that means we will start to relax and play football. there is nowhere near the pressure on us that there has been, and we dont have to worry about results from other grounds. so hopefully there is never a panic if we go a goal down - we just get the ball down, play football, and know that we will win in the end. this will hopefully be good for us in the future if we can keep this mentality

another thing we will have over other teams that i noticed today was a lot of the opposition players are basically gassed after 60 mins where as obviously our guys levels of fitness can keep them going we can just tire teams out and then roll them over

Yes we do seem to come out the traps slowly.

Once we get motering though and keep ot on the deck we are away.

But I hope we start a lot sharper at Berwick.

Boca was caught cold today, and the guy turned him.

Need to be ready from the off ,as some of our guys are still tying their boot laces when the game kicks off.Wakey wakey.

Double figures.....in all honesty.....I don't think we will go unbeaten never mind get double figures.....at times we are too casual and switching off....Boca, Goian and Broadfoot have all looked off the pace at times and crucially these teams have cashed in on these opportunities.....every game is a cup tie to them..being casual and under estimating will be our weakness