Gomis

wee josh

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone who turns up 3 times a season?

Nah, someone who can be our joint most productive player even when having a poor season. More assists in a poor season than Gomis has in 215 games. Someone who can have a poor season and still be the only player in the team nominated for player of the year, or gets picked in the leagues team of the year voted by players who they play against.

Not bad for 3 games a season.

Dean Shiels still managed 15 goals though. Out of all the players we've signed so far, I'm most excited about seeing Shiels this season.

(tu) i think i read your post wrong i thought your were hyping up davis i was meaning dean sheils done better by scoring 15 goals for a shite team.

This. Apart from Black and MacLeod who do we actually have? Jig?

Would like to see us bringing in st least a couple of central midfield players

Andrew Mitchell & Kamil Wiktorski

If Ally was happy playing Mitchell in the SPL last season then he should have no problem playing him in the 3rd division and Wiktorski is supposed to be quite good aswell.

Andrew Mitchell & Kamil Wiktorski

If Ally was happy playing Mitchell in the SPL last season then he should have no problem playing him in the 3rd division and Wiktorski is supposed to be quite good aswell.

That's a too inexperienced pool of players, especially if we end up fast tracked back through the leagues due to reconstruction.

That's a too inexperienced pool of players, especially if we end up fast tracked back through the leagues due to reconstruction.

Surely that's a even greater reason to get the youngsters more experience. Youngsters won't get experience sitting on the bench

Surely that's a even greater reason to get the youngsters more experience. Youngsters won't get experience sitting on the bench

You need to strike a balance between youth and experience and right now we don't have that.

Black, McLeod, Hutton, Witroski & Mitchell simply isn't a balanced pool of centre midfielders. Ignoring Black, the rest have only played about 20 games between them.

We need a bit more experience in there too. shoehorning Lee McCulloch in there isn't an option and Shiels is going to be more effective playing a bit further forward.

You need to strike a balance between youth and experience and right now we don't have that.

Black, McLeod, Hutton, Witroski & Mitchell simply isn't a balanced pool of centre midfielders. Ignoring Black, the rest have only played about 20 games between them.

We need a bit more experience in there too. shoehorning Lee McCulloch in there isn't an option and Shiels is going to be more effective playing a bit further forward.

The manager disagrees.

I've discluded Hutton because Ally has too. God knows what's goin on but seems evident Ally doesn't like him

Same sort of thing regarding Jordan McMillan. A position we needed covered badly and he was arguably our best RB albeit lacking the experience and somewhat unproven in the first team but Ally seemed hellbent on not playing him and then he left.

Same sort of thing regarding Jordan McMillan. A position we needed covered badly and he was arguably our best RB albeit lacking the experience and somewhat unproven in the first team but Ally seemed hellbent on not playing him and then he left.

Can’t really call someone who didn’t feature more than a handful of times our best RB surely?

Can’t really call someone who didn’t feature more than a handful of times our best RB surely?

Apparently you can.

McMillian was another in a long line of players who's stock on here rose the less often they played.

It happened with Buffel, Niguez, McKay, McMillian & now it seems to be happening with Hutton too.

The only problem with bringing in more experience is youth get less of a chance

Over a long season the youth will get plenty of chances. You can’t just play a team full of youngsters at a club like Rangers, the demands of the fans are far too high.

A balance is needed and already we have seen Barry, Lewis and Kal get a good amount of game time already. I can have no complaints thus far on that subject.

We will play enough games over the course of the season for youngsters to get a chance. So long as the better ones namely McKay & Mcleod are making regular appearances I'm not going to complain.

Not every youngster is going to make it with us and wether its right or wrong, not every youngster is going to get a chance in the first team to show what they can do. That's the case at every club the world over not just ours.

Over a long season the youth will get plenty of chances. You can’t just play a team full of youngsters at a club like Rangers, the demands of the fans are far too high.

A balance is needed and already we have seen Barry, Lewis and Kal get a good amount of game time already. I can have no complaints thus far on that subject.

I agree with you but I'm just trying to point out if a new player whatever position comes in stays fit and does well Barry, Lewis and kal will get less games

I agree with you but I'm just trying to point out if a new player whatever position comes in stays fit and does well Barry, Lewis and kal will get less games

Being a youngster Barry will not be able to play every game this season and since he is only 17 he will no doubt go through a form dip spell as happens with most youngsters.

If he keeps up his performances his place will be in the starting line up. No need to worry about that, we need to look after these young boys.

Being a youngster Barry will not be able to play every game this season and since he is only 17 he will no doubt go through a form dip spell as happens with most youngsters.

If he keeps up his performances his place will be in the starting line up. No need to worry about that, we need to look after these young boys.

It's nice to see auchenhowie finally doing

It's job.