Lack of Pre-season

SkiBunny

Fitness and sharpness just isn't there. Right across the team. Perry good example, I thought he was tidy enough early on but as the match wore on he started to look very slow and indecisive.

We need a few more bounce games and perhaps a more rigorous training programme at Murray Park these next few weeks.

We have played 5 or 6 competitive games and we are full time. We just struggled against a team who train a few nights a week.

The lack of pre-season can no longer be used as an excuse, it was understandable for the first game or 2 but not now.

I don't buy that. Those players train 5 days a week at what is likely to be a high intensity.

We are playing against part time footballers who have regular day jobs and are too busy to train during the week or have to go to training late at night. We should be miles ahead of them in fitness and ability but it is not showing.

Pre-Season my arse!

How many games in pre-season does it take before you are able to pass the ball on the ground, take a player on and cross the ball?

Endless long balls to a striker who is very poor in the air, where is the logic in that...so whats plan B, bring on another big striker who can win headers but cant ran or do anything else!

Pish Tactics, Pish System, Shite Attitude!

Pre-Season my arse!

How many games in pre-season does it take before you are able to pass the ball on the ground, take a player on and cross the ball?

Endless long balls to a striker who is very poor in the air, where is the logic in that...so whats plan B, bring on another big striker who can win headers but cant ran or do anything else!

Pish Tactics, Pish System, Shite Attitude!

These 3rd Division should not be fitter than us. It's that simple. We have full time players playing against average joes who train a few times a week and have full time jobs as well.

They don't have expensive pre-seasons away in other countries (I know we didn't either this season) to build up fitness or world class training facilities. All they have is a bit of grass and probably a pass to their local council gym. They should not be fitter than us.

Fitness and sharpness just isn't there. Right across the team. Perry good example, I thought he was tidy enough early on but as the match wore on he started to look very slow and indecisive.

We need a few more bounce games and perhaps a more rigorous training programme at Murray Park these next few weeks.

Perry is an exception though as he was injured. I dont think pre-season can be used as an excuse now that we've played 5 or 6 games.

The poor performances are largely due to poor tactics in my opinion.

This "we're full time" pish ignores the issue.

It's not ability to run fitness, it's match fitness, and without playing matches, there's no way to get it.

Exactly. I'm not looking for excuses, just the reasons why! That's the only way to improve. I agree long ball tactics are shite and would much rather see creative passing but the main concern for me is match fitness. Anyone who has played football knows that their passing and ability to be in the right place deteriates substancially when not fully fit. It looked to be our main problem particularly in the final 10 mins when we really struggled.

Lack of pre season? Berwick have a fucking lack of ability, training facilities, full time players, any tactical nous and yet they loooked far more accomplished than we did.

WHy persist with the hump up the park? It didn't work the first 50 times why would it work the next 50 times.

I'd love to get into the tactics room at Ibrox. What are we teaching these boys every day? The coaching staff are either not doing their job right or the players just ignore them.

Modern football should be played with quick passing and movement and possession, we had none of that today. We've said it all summer - look at the posts in the Bears Den. We need to reshape our play. Semi Pro's in the Third division can handle pumps up the park - what they can't handle is quick sharp passing and movement.

Fuck me!!!! :anguish:

Our players are full time and will have done more training and preparation than all the part time players. Sorry but we can't use that as an excuse, certainly not in a division full of part time players. Might have worked in the SPL.

the lack of preseason certainly extends to the management we are currently running around looking at trialists who look no better than junior players.the level of fitness and lack of pace within the side is shocking to say the least

This season is not going to be the walk in the park some, or maybe MOST think.

These so called wee teams will be no mugs and will go through games buzzing on adrenalin. It's like a cup final to them.

That said, we should be able to out-pass and out-think these teams. That is not happening and I'm sure it will take time to get it right but it WILL come. The rush to blame everyone and their ball is quite embarrassing TBH.

Wish everyone would calm down FFS.