Why are we still singing about the UVF

StewGers

to paraphrase from Zach Galifianakis "you can thank the terrorists for us not being allowed to sing songs now"

Paraphrasing 'terrorism' results in cowardice, in literary terms.

Show yourselves and you will given the same justice as you have given others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7FRI_GIiSs

I salute the defenders of freedom, including the UVF.

Quiet Jim

This tune - is the same one as a song I remember from donkeys years ago called "Sandy Row". Long before I had ever heard of the internet. I've since searched the internet high and low for either the lyrics or a video/audio of the song. Most of the words are fading from my memory. I remember one line "you'll never see the green flag fly in loyal Sandy Row". Or another line "as you walk along the pavements on the twelfth day of July, and you see the banners waving till a tear comes to your eye".

Does anyone know the song or am I just going a bit doolally now? Now that I think about it the album I heard it on had Linfield versions of Rangers songs. Probably sixties.

This tune - is the same one as a song I remember from donkeys years ago called "Sandy Row". Long before I had ever heard of the internet. I've since searched the internet high and low for either the lyrics or a video/audio of the song. Most of the words are fading from my memory. I remember one line "you'll never see the green flag fly in loyal Sandy Row". Or another line "as you walk along the pavements on the twelfth day of July, and you see the banners waving till a tear comes to your eye".

Does anyone know the song or am I just going a bit doolally now? Now that I think about it the album I heard it on had Linfield versions of Rangers songs. Probably sixties.

Just to keep you going till I research :)

QJ

Hope this is it

I have been a wanderer all my life, I'll roam this time no more

But now I'm sailing back again, back to old Ulster's shores

To settle down in Belfast town in a place that you all know

Sure it fills my heart with gladness when I think of Sandy Row.

When I recall my childhood days, a tear comes to my eye

I think of all the brethren on the 12th day of July

For the music of the bands that day, it sets my heart a glow

As we marched along together down the streets of Sandy Row.

Now whenever I have settled down, I never more will roam

Away from dear old Ulster, for it is my home sweet home

I'll get myself a little house, my children there will grow

With all my loyal brethren in the streets of Sandy Row.

And now my song is finished and my head I will lay down

I am proud that I am loyal to the Red Hand and the Crown

The people that will meet me now, for off this ship I go

Will be the people that I love, who live in Sandy Row

Paraphrasing 'terrorism' results in cowardice, in literary terms.

Show yourselves and you will given the same justice as you have given others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7FRI_GIiSs

I salute the defenders of freedom, including the UVF.

Quiet Jim

just so we dont get our wires crossed here, i wasnt paraphrasing terrorism. Gilfanis was complaining that he couldnt have a wank in an airplane toilet because of terrorists

To the Tune of old Lang Syne.

Go home ya h*** go home ya h***,

Go home ya h*** , go home.

Followed by a chorus of

Kai Aye Yippy Yippy Aye

Singing Kai aye Yippy Yippy Aye

Singing Kai aye Yippy

The popes a fukkin hippy

Kai aye Yippy Yippy Aye..........

Oh well it was fun at the time...............:craphead:

just so we dont get our wires crossed here, i wasnt paraphrasing terrorism. Gilfanis was complaining that he couldnt have a wank in an airplane toilet because of terrorists

:wanker:

:uk:

Where the fuck is the toilet doh , some Fenian has just shot me in the eye, terrorist bastards they are!

This thread ran its course 25 pages ago.

Not quite, if you can spare twelve minutes of your time, to observe the atrocities, then you may have the right to express your opinion;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIP-aVfw13w&feature=related

Our heroes, will always be remembered for sacrificing their lives, for a just cause.

Remembering them by singing a song, is a matter of respect and appreciation.

The fallen, will always be remembered!

This is The Rangers Way, so FUCK THE POPE AND THE IRA!

Getting a bit annoyed, so I will post a mellow song.

Quiet Jim

Terrible post. (td) (td) (td) (td)

No. It's highlighted the ridiculousness of this thread.

Folk are offended easily. We all know that.

Some of our songs are not to my liking, but I always get caught up in the moment and join in. I am doing no harm to anyone and enjoy the atmosphere.

The anti singing brigade have to remember. The songs you dislike aren't going to stop because you have a wee Internet moan.

So you have two choices.

1. Fuck off and don't be offended

2. Chill the fuck out, find your flute and go have a party!

I sure as hell will always choose number two.

:crabflute:

Jog on back to the muddleboard timothy.

I aint no timothy. Tell me what was wrong in what I said, or infact read the post I was replying to

My problem is the people who who refer to the modern day UVF as murdering gangsters, then say they hate the way they are mistaken for carsons UVF

I support them both

Hope this is it

I have been a wanderer all my life, I'll roam this time no more

But now I'm sailing back again, back to old Ulster's shores

To settle down in Belfast town in a place that you all know

Sure it fills my heart with gladness when I think of Sandy Row.

That isn't the one.

I might even have to search and see if I still have the vinyl record hidden away in a box somewhere......and then see if I have a record player that still works to play it on.

What the fuck is Dr No (Regan) worried about?Being offended?I don't trust Regan,Doncaster or his mob,seems like they are trying to turn Scotland into a Police state with cops running about Govan like Mi5 fucking

spies. :rolleyes:

I have never responded to a first poster before, but today I will make an exception.

I know our history and I am proud of it, no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Others defended our values, against the inquisition, then the Nazi's and finally the terrorists that rebelled.

This is not a crime and I will forever be grateful for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, to preserve our way of life.

God bless, you all.

Why are the majority of you all failing to see it isn't about defending our armed forces past n present. The question I want to know is why can't we sing about Rangers FC, no not just the guys who might have done both as some smug arse tried to rant about. I want to sing about the team I support there's plenty other occasions to sing or revel in our victories at war. (not that I'm against a good German bomber singsong) I just can't get stirred by sings about a guy from centuries ago being painted on a wall (which I believe isn't even there anymore) or singing about my love of a country I've never even visited!! (northern Ireland) I want to sing about victories on the field of Ibrox, victories over our rivals, our great fans (this may sound hypocritical as many of our close minded fans annoy me and I'm fed up being tarred by their mud the bring to the club. I am talking about rejoicing in the fact we have stood by our club millions strong, I'm talking about our worldwide fanbase who continue to spread the good word of RFC) Why can't we focus our attention on that? No one is saying forget the past, just to focus on the super Rangers!!!

No. It's highlighted the ridiculousness of this thread.

Folk are offended easily. We all know that.

Some of our songs are not to my liking, but I always get caught up in the moment and join in. I am doing no harm to anyone and enjoy the atmosphere.

The anti singing brigade have to remember. The songs you dislike aren't going to stop because you have a wee Internet moan.

So you have two choices.

1. Fuck off and don't be offended

2. Chill the fuck out, find your flute and go have a party!

I sure as hell will always choose number two.

:crabflute:

I ain't offended in the slightest I hate every religion and anyone who has a problem with my nation!! I also join in songs when the are sung because why be at game and not sing but just want a song I can be proud to belt out not singing about "dear old Ulster" which is nowhere near Ibrox and has no significance to most fans in Scotland. Offended is not the word I ever associate with myself I leave the to the green half of the city (by city I mean Glasgow, Scotland, you know that place where our team are based)