Why are we still singing about the UVF

StewGers

You never answered my post 419.

Does that mean I am right then or do you only answer the posts you can spout pish back to?

I understand the point you made however it just seems like a convenient get out. There is no denying that people were killed in Ulster simply because they were catholic. Nothing to do with any rebels, just roman catholics.

Whe was the last time the UVF bombed a major city in the UK dickhead?

For the most part the rebels killed innocents and the UVF killed rebels.

Fuck off with your same as each other shite.

Should be ashamed of yourself with that statement imo.

Pretty sure you're the only person in this thread who is referring to the 1960s UVF. Everyone else has stated they are referring to the original UVF.

So so sad seeing people trying to degrade the heritage and culture of a people who follow Rangers. Imagine being criticised for singing songs about the brave Volunteers of the UVF. I think those people would be better off supporting that club.

Nobody is degrading anybodies heritage and culture. Although its a common accusation when people bring up the songs sung.

ITs wur history an wur culchur man!!

Nobody is degrading anybodies heritage and culture. Although its a common accusation when people bring up the songs sung.

Its posts like this and many others that make me understand why you want to keep your annonymity

If people want to sing about the UVF of 1916 or the UVF of the 70s and 80s, then let them. Who the fuck are you to tell them to stop? The west of Scotland has huge culture and heritage links with Ulster. Go learn the history you clown.

If people want to sing about the UVF of 1916 or the UVF of the 70s and 80s, then let them. Who the fuck are you to tell them to stop? The west of Scotland has huge culture and heritage links with Ulster. Go learn the history you clown.

Who are you to tell me anything if i can't tell others things?

So so sad seeing people trying to degrade the heritage and culture of a people who follow Rangers. Imagine being criticised for singing songs about the brave Volunteers of the UVF. I think those people would be better off supporting that club.

The saddest thing is some trying to compare the UVF of Sir Edward Carson to the murdering terrorist gangsters of modern times.

Thats what that mob do with their IRA songs.

QQhatever happened to the freedom of speech yous were droning on about earlier? Scotland has great cultural links with Canada. Never heard oh Canada at a game yet. Sing about the.mounties too.

It seems to be you who is crying about people have the liberty and freedom to sing songs which you don't like. Get over it.

The club is nothing to do with being a loyalist/ unionist/ monarchist or anything else. It's about supporting Glasgow Rangers. Our club was not founded on a political, religious or social agenda. People have used the club as a vehicle to peddle these ideals.

What i have asked you, is to back up what you have posted with facts.

Ridiculous question. I'm surprised you cannot see how ridiculous it is. There is absolutely no record, to my knowledge, of the founders of the club stating the reason for forming Glasgow Rangers was to drive forward any of the values I was talking about. Therefor, that is not the basis of the club. If it was formed for a particular agenda, it would have been clearly stated. Your question is the equivalent of asking somebody to prove that asda was not formed as a vehicle for the hatred of blacks. There's noone on record saying that it wasn't, but it's the natural and logical position to assume since noone has said it was.

Didn't David Murray build Ibrox with his bear (sic) hands? and then after that he want and signed Graeme Souness as manager? :sherlock:

Or maybe, just maybe, not giving a flying fuck about Irish politics has no bearing whatsoever about my love for my club.

Souness was at ibrox before d. Murray

The saddest thing is some trying to compare the UVF of Sir Edward Carson to the murdering terrorist gangsters of modern times.

Thats what that mob do with their IRA songs.

why whats the difference? the UVF of Edward carson ilegally took up arms against the threat of Home Rule. As did the modern UVF u call gangsters.