Rangers an obsession.

nvager

Quite entertaining to see how many of the obsessed have been drawn to this piece already... All of them commenting that they are not obsessed with Rangers while discussing their favourite topic. Sad bastards. wacko.gif

This (tu)

You beat me to that one. Taigs writing obsessively long diatribes about how they 'are not obsessed and could not care less about Rangers'.

Guess tarriers don't do irony (or ironing). :lol:

OBD - Obsessive Bheast Disorder

It's a condition instilled in them from the age of five

They are like poor little kids looking over the garden wall at their neighbours who have trampolines, a swimming pool and all the best toys

They spend all day peering over the wall and discussing the events next door whilst no one, themselves included, takes any notice of what's going on in their own back garden

A state of affairs which allows wrongdoing and evil deeds to go on unchecked as everyone's attention is on the neighbours

In the unlikely event someone pays attention to what's going on in their back yard the cry goes up to look next door and again everyone's focus swings back on us

OBD - Obsessive Bheast Disorder

It's a condition instilled in them from the age of five

They are like poor little kids looking over the garden wall at their neighbours who have trampolines, a swimming pool and all the best toys

They spend all day peering over the wall and discussing the events next door whilst no one, themselves included, takes any notice of what's going on in their own back garden

A state of affairs which allows wrongdoing and evil deeds to go on unchecked as everyone's attention is on the neighbours

In the unlikely event someone pays attention to what's going on in their back yard the cry goes up to look next door and again everyone's focus swings back on us

Haha. Spot on.

I read the comments below and the guy who wrote at length about celtic fans not being obsessed with rangers...at the bottom of his lengthy reply he links a blog that is purely about us being a new club :lol:

I blame the schools...etc...etc.... :sherlock:

also one of the main celtic MB's has banned talk about us as it was all the contributors on that MB talked about, they are all currently throwing hissy fits as they have no outlet for the obsession....

I'm not friends with too many celtic fans, but from the breaking of our admin until our first league game in division 3 the few I do know were continually posting things about us on their facebook pages. And not just the odd thing once a week, I'm talking every day - photos, links to poisonous blogs, ill informed rants the lot. Absolutely incredible, It's pathetic having your life and support defined by hatred.

Manchester United, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich all know the feeling. When you’re the biggest football club in the country, the other clubs can’t help but hate you. It’s how they express their jealousy.

In Scotland, Rangers suffer the same problem. However, in this tiny nation the level of hatred and jealousy is undeservedly ridiculous. The fatuous feelings that football fans in Scotland have about Rangers even spills out as they come together to back the national team.

Rangers players have jeered by the Tartan Army for years. Everton winger Steven Naismith took a barrage of abuse from the Hampden stands when he was a Rangers player. Funny enough, since his move to Merseyside this is no longer the case.

The Ibrox club’s summer signing, Ian Black, recently made his Scotland debut against Australia at Easter Road, Leith. As he was substituted on to the field, he was met by a chorus of boos from his so called supporters.

Many have said that this was simply Hibs fans venting their anger at a former Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) player after their 5-1 cup final humiliation. I wonder why players in the Scotland squad who remain at Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) managed to escape the same abuse.

While most fans in Scotland share this infatuation with their national team legend Ally McCoist's Rangers, two clubs are particularly obsessed.

At one point, Aberdeen FC was a massive football club taking on the giants of Europe while picking up league titles at home. These times are long gone, and Aberdeen’s only modern claim to fame is their rivalry with Rangers.

Aberdeen fans’ obsession with the Govan giants stems back around 30 years and it does not appear to be fading away. For three out of the last four seasons, Aberdeen’s highest home attendance has been against Rangers. In the 2008/09 season, the Rangers fixture attracted 20,441 people to Pittodrie. Only a month before, Aberdeen only lured 8,909 people in for their SPL match with Falkirk.

Aberdeen fans share this curious fascination with Rangers’ real rivals, Celtic. Despite Rangers’ relegation to the lowest tier of the Scottish Football League, Celtic fans can’t seem to stop themselves from talking about Rangers.

Whenever you flick on a Glasgow based radio football phone-in, the majority of calls you hear will be Celtic fans discussing various aspects of life at Rangers.  On their forums, they criticise and moan about Rangers. At Celtic Park, they sing about Rangers. On Twitter, they create false rumours about Rangers. The list go could go on and on forever.

Aberdeen and Celtic fans have even sponsored Rangers’ new Third Division opponents Annan’s players, thinking it might wind up the Rangers support.

In fact, the Celtic faithful have gone to the extent of making infamously sectarian writer Phil - The Failed Journalist (or Phil Gillivan if you are a Government official)’s new book a top seller on Amazon. The subject of this book is – wait for it – Rangers!

The level of attention Rangers receive from all quarters of Scottish football speaks volumes of the incredible stature of the club – love them or hate them, it’s still an obsession.

Irony really is lost on these muppets.

Its becoming farcical used the really bother me having every single article on Rangers swamped with Timmy comments.

Now I just feel sorry for them.

Must be hard having no job , life or thumbs.

Still it does hold true as one of them says something along the lines of some fellow bears being obsessed about them being obsessed about us.

Found it : ''Rangers fans are actually obsessed about Celtic fans being obsessed.''

THIS will have to stop.... it's a daily occurrence on here it seems.

We should keep it as a Rangers forum.... for me there is always too much talk about 'them' and not enough about just us.

If it isn't that we have wee kids calling any and everyone with a differing opinion on here.... a 'taig' or something similar.

Best way to attack the 'obsessed tarrier' is Not to mention Them... give Them Nothing to talk about and Stop mentioning Them in song/chant at Rangers games.

Do Stop tweeting rhat journalists as it only serves to show Them that you're Still talking about Them.

Keep all things Rangers on the Rangers Forum..... most especially in The Bears' Den.