WC Qualifying: Scotland and Serbia's Group

BelgradeBear

I honestly see nothing less than a 3-0 Scotland win.

I am surprisingly optimistic for the campaign and think if we are still in the mix with 2/3 games to go then we have done well.

The group is very tricky and think it'll be quite surprising for who takes points of of who.

I don't expect realistically to finish above 4th but I do also believe that if we play to our abilities we could surprise quite a few.

You are surprisingly optimistic but realistically don't expect to finish above 4th... Mmmm'kay! <cr>:P

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you Scottish folk think about English players playing for Scotland?

I wouldn't want it if i was Scottish and i think it defeats the whole purpose of international football.

It didn't bother me at first when it was the odd player who could really benefit the team but I think it's gone too far now.

I wouldn't want it if i was Scottish and i think it defeats the whole purpose of international football.

I'd only have players who are born and bred in that country tbh.

Not a fan of having English accents in the dressing room.

I'd understand it if they were outstanding players - but should players like Phil Bardsley and James Morrison, who aren't all that much better than what Scotland have, be killing actual Scottish players' dreams of playing for their country?

Scotland are shit under Levein ,I don't really care about the national team tbh but he should be sacked IMO

He should also be the bigger man about the whole fletcher incident .

I see a comfortable win for serbia and think Scotland will finish the group with 4 points , a win against Macedonia and draw against Wales at home

Also I hate that we are basically becoming a mini England team these days

Watching MOTD and that the Football League effort with that smug Asian guy, I was surprised at the amount of good players that were Scottish, and thinking that if Scotland had a decent manager and selection policy, they could qualify no bother from this group.

James Morrison has had a great start to the season at West Brom by the way, for all those that are doubting.

Not sure of the squad, as I don't really have that much of an interest, but the likes of Gilks, Martin, Snodgrass, Morrison, McCormack and Mackail-Smith all look on top form. Both McCormack and Mackail-Smith scored beauties at the weekend.

Scotland always push the other teams in their group hard, especially the bigger teams like they did against France. If Levein isn't a fud and plays a striker they might be able to come away with something from the game against Serbia. But it's done to whether or not the players actually want to win.

It really annoys me, we have good enough players imo to be able to get a game without looking at every players passport to see if they can play for Scotland.

All this shite about playing english players gets on my tits. If they have Scottish blood in them, they are entitled to play for us, doesnt matter where they are born. If a horse is born in a pigsty, it doesnt make him a pig. All countries take advantage of this rule, england included. Saying that, i wish they wouldnt interview the english cunts after the game. That accent gets on my nerves.