Lewis Macleod, Barrie McKay and Robbie Crawford have all agreed extended deals

rangersxfc

great news

The Future Boys

WRITTEN BY DAVID MELVIN

542281a194ecac6fdeb498b5f212dc5c_XL.jpg

THREE of Rangers’ most promising talents have pledged their long term futures to the club today.

Lewis Macleod, Barrie McKay and Robbie Crawford have all agreed extended deals with the Light Blues following a promising start to the season.

Macleod has started all eight games that Ally McCoist’s side has played this season while McKay has also featured at some stage in each of those outings.

Crawford has been a regular on the subs bench, making four appearances in total, including his top team debut as a sub in the first match of the campaign against Brechin.

18-year-old Macleod and 19-year-old Crawford have both put pen to paper on contracts that will keep them with Scotland’s most successful club until the summer of 2017.

Both have been with the club for a number of years, developing their talents at Auchenhowie and now have the opportunity to blossom in the first team.

McKay, 17, has also pledged his future to the club for another five years after arriving from Kilmarnock in the summer of 2011.

Both McKay and Macleod have represented Scotland at various youth levels, with each taking part in this week’s 2-1 defeat to the Netherlands at under-19 level.

As you can see from our exclusive picture above, Ally McCoist is delighted to have secured the long term future of his trio of talented youngsters.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news :D

On a sidenote it's fucking weird as i get older to see the players getting younger, used to think the 18 year olds and that were well old and now i'm looking at our players and thinking how young they are :lol:

One of the first signs that I was getting old was when I started refering to players as "The young boy"