Lewis Macleod, Barrie McKay and Robbie Crawford have all agreed extended deals

rangersxfc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news. Really pleased to hear that these youngsters have pledged their futures to the club. Congratulations on your new contracts lads - you deserve them. You didn't "walk away" like others did and, when called upon to don the jersey, you've grabbed your chance and proved that you were selected on merit. TOGETHER WE ARE RANGERS

is it just me that cant take to a footballer as much because of the way he looks? like i cant take crawford the same way as mckay and macleod, same with fran as he just doesn't look like a footballer :lol: they will still be cheered on obviously, but im a perfectionist and like seeing well groomed men(boca) in gers strips

Gay loyal :uk:

is it just me that cant take to a footballer as much because of the way he looks? like i cant take crawford the same way as mckay and macleod, same with fran as he just doesn't look like a footballer :lol: they will still be cheered on obviously, but im a perfectionist and like seeing well groomed men(boca) in gers strips

Gay loyal :uk:

Poor Caniggia!

LEWIS Macleod is delighted to have agreed a long term deal that will keep him with Rangers until the summer of 2017.

The talented 18-year-old joined Robbie Crawford and Barrie McKay in pledging his long term future to the Light Blues today.

Midfielder Macleod has started all eight games played by Ally McCoist’s side this season and he admits he wouldn’t want to be playing his football anywhere else.

He said: “It’s brilliant. I wouldn’t want to sign anywhere else so to be here at Rangers is great. I’ve been here since I was ten so it’s been a long time and a big part of my life.”

Macleod was tipped to make the break in to the first team last season after appearing on the bench in the run in to the SPL season.

However his first outing didn’t come until he was included in McCoist’s starting lineup against Brechin at the end of July.

He hasn’t looked back since and his experiences of playing in front of a packed house at Ibrox have been moments he has relished.

Macleod added: “Playing week in and week out in front of almost 50,000 fans has been great. It’s a big difference from playing under-19s football.

“The tempo is much higher but when you play with better players I think you improve yourself. I think that has helped a lot of aspects of my game.”

Macleod has also had the benefit of advice from two men who have plenty of experience of his central midfield role.

New captain Lee McCulloch has helped play a part in Macleod’s development but it was Ian Durrant who appeared most excited by his emergence last season.

“He has got the experience from doing it himself and it’s always great to get advice from people like that,” said Macleod.

“All the coaches have been great and the more experienced players like Lee McCulloch help you along too, and for me he’s been great because he’s played the same position.”

f11a6d44839717be472e282e358dc0ab_XL.jpg

LEWIS Macleod is delighted to have agreed a long term deal that will keep him with Rangers until the summer of 2017.

The talented 18-year-old joined Robbie Crawford and Barrie McKay in pledging his long term future to the Light Blues today.

Midfielder Macleod has started all eight games played by Ally McCoist’s side this season and he admits he wouldn’t want to be playing his football anywhere else.

He said: “It’s brilliant. I wouldn’t want to sign anywhere else so to be here at Rangers is great. I’ve been here since I was ten so it’s been a long time and a big part of my life.”

Macleod was tipped to make the break in to the first team last season after appearing on the bench in the run in to the SPL season.

However his first outing didn’t come until he was included in McCoist’s starting lineup against Brechin at the end of July.

He hasn’t looked back since and his experiences of playing in front of a packed house at Ibrox have been moments he has relished.

Macleod added: “Playing week in and week out in front of almost 50,000 fans has been great. It’s a big difference from playing under-19s football.

“The tempo is much higher but when you play with better players I think you improve yourself. I think that has helped a lot of aspects of my game.”

Macleod has also had the benefit of advice from two men who have plenty of experience of his central midfield role.

New captain Lee McCulloch has helped play a part in Macleod’s development but it was Ian Durrant who appeared most excited by his emergence last season.

“He has got the experience from doing it himself and it’s always great to get advice from people like that,” said Macleod.

“All the coaches have been great and the more experienced players like Lee McCulloch help you along too, and for me he’s been great because he’s played the same position

Great news all round McKay is an exciting player and will have a bright future, however IMO Macleod will be an absolute star, already fantastic vision and incredible composure for one so young. He could be the star of our midfield for a generation if he wants it that way.

Brilliant job getting these guys signed up.