Culprit of racist tweet's fined

Gaz92

Read on STV that the person who sent Kyle Bartley a vile racist tweet has been fined £280 (sorry, on my phone so no link).

I wonder what it would have been if it had been sectarian abuse...

anti-catholic sectarian abuse = 5 years jail no parole

anti-protestant sectarian abuse = suspended sentence and free methadone from the chemist.

Sectarian abuse ===== jail sentence.

Racial abuse ====== paltry fine.

So the message is if you abuse someone because of their belief in some mythical being you go to jail.

If you abuse someone because of the colour of their skin you get hit with a token fine.

What a marvelous message that sends out to young children and society as a whole.

Sectarian abuse ===== jail sentence.

Racial abuse ====== paltry fine.

So the message is if you abuse someone because of their belief in some mythical being you go to jail, unless it's satirical. Then you join the NUJ and write a book.

If you abuse someone because of the colour of their skin you get hit with a token fine.

What a marvelous message that sends out to young children and society as a whole.

Read on STV that the person who sent Kyle Bartley a vile racist tweet has been fined £280 (sorry, on my phone so no link).

I wonder what it would have been if it had been sectarian abuse...

Heard this yesterday on the news. Did some one no get jailed for sending abuse to a player via twitter before?

Infact now i'm thinking about this i'm sure someone on here said they got the jail for posting stuff on twitter to someone?

wacko.gif

Heard this yesterday on the news. Did some one no get jailed for sending abuse to a player via twitter before?

Infact now i'm thinking about this i'm sure someone on here said they got the jail for posting stuff on twitter to someone?

wacko.gif

Someone on here said they got the jail for asking an Irish policewoman for a translation when she spoke to him.wacko.gif

Can't remember who though.