With Everyone Rightfully Slating Craig Levein's Team Selections...

Goianegra

Shocked at the amount of Mulgrew picks, wouldn't get close to my squad nevermind the starting eleven, he's pretty gash. Pretty much agree with everything DBBTB has said, although still not convinced Black should be in the squads.

McGregor

Hutton Caldwell Berra Bardsley

McArthur Morrison

Naismith Maloney McCormack

Fletcher

Hutton is one of our best players on form, but if he's not playing at club level he shouldn't be starting. Would switch Bardsley to RB and Wallace LB. Against the more accomplished countries I would take out Maloney/McCormack and bring in a more defensive minded player in Cowie/Fletcher.

Darren Fletcher is not fit, whilst he's been woeful for Scotland for years, one of our most overrated players, IMO.

Do you not think Fletcher would suit playing in a more defensive role in the midfield like he does for United? Obviously he needs to get playing again and start to play well but I think he's a good player. Just one that hasn't been used correctly for Scotland. There's been an onus on him to play further forward, and it only worked against the Czechs at Hampden.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He quoted me. :pipe:

My original reply was a bit of banter, but obviously Derek can't handle that. He went personal(as always)

Not going to waste my time and look months back to when he made the post(could possibly have been said because everyone called him a manure fan)

Even without me on here, he's been sticking up for United, last time I was on there was a a big thread about United's spending. Even Scottio was arguing against Derek back then slagging Man United. Everyone in that thread went on about his love for United and how boring it was him constantly posting about them and not Rangers!

But hey it's apparently only me. And for the record Derek, I posted a few times the other day, whilst you posted threads about me when I was gone. So much for not missing me, obsessed like the scum are with us!!!

Anyway you, reply to my post about McArthur. :craphead:

You dont have to scroll back anywhere just check your messages (tu)

Im not denying I like United. Just like your not denying you are talking shite about me and Rangers.

Certainly would be more suited in a defensive role, but will he have the same fitness as before? Hopefully the lad comes back to full fitness, never nice to see anyone with a serious illness.

He's also played that defensive position for us before, and was below par, normally sitting behind Ferguson who was asked to go forward.

You know me mate, I'm not a fan of players who's best attributes are running about and getting in the faces of the opposition. Prefer someone like Carrick who's reading of the game and distribution is superb.

Yeah, that's a huge issue. Hopefully he will though, as he definitely offers something.

He has, but there's usually been Paul Hartley or Scott Brown in there as well. The team I picked, would just have him with Bannan and McArthur in front of him. Two technical players who can get us playing a more passing game.

I think players need to have both technical ability and athleticism. Carrick's a good example of a technically gifted player but he can be overrun. Same with Gareth Barry. And then there's players like Scott Brown who is all athleticism and little else.

Fletcher needs to get back to full fitness and earn his way back into the team but I think he can be an asset deep breaking up play, and distributing it to more creative players.

True, most of the time he did have one of them beside him. Maybe he deserves some slack having to carry both. :P

Although it's not always been the case, was Ferguson and Fletcher against Georgia, the night we got pumped 2-0 with 17 year old's playing. Shocking performance and a result that practically cost us qualification that year.

Certainly still an important squad player, but I think we can get by with McArthur/Bannan in games like last night. Caldwell was like a man down, IMO.

I tried to block that performance from my memory :anguish:

I thought Caldwell did quite well on Saturday but it's clearly not the way forward and he was exposed last night. Personally, I'd prefer 3 in the midfield or at least two and three more attacking players further forward but I think they have a good balance and we could certainly have got by with them last night.

You were right about Levein though, I used to stick up for him after I thought I saw some progress but we're going backwards.

Am I the only one that rates James Morrison? I think hes a terrific player!

I would play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1

McGregor

Bardsley/Hutton Berra Caldwell Fox/Wallace

McArthur

Adam Morrison/Bannan

Snodgrass/Naismith McCormack/Dorrans

Fletcher

I would maybe be tempted to play 4-1-3-2 at times as well with Fletcher and Miller/Rhodes up front but its pretty difficult.

McGregor

Hutton

Berra

Caldwell

Wallace

Fletcher

Black/Brown

Forrest

Naismith

Snodgrass

S. Fletcher

Or

McGregor

Hutton

Caldwell

Berra

Wallace

Forrest

Naismith/Black/Brown

Fletcher

Snodgrass

S. Fletcher

Rhodes

I think Snodgrass is more of a right winger than a left, IIRC, however I'm sure he could do a job on the left.

Edit: Or even -

McGregor

Hutton

Caldwell

Berra

Wallace

Brown

Fletcher

Black

Naismith

S. Fletcher

Rhodes