With Everyone Rightfully Slating Craig Levein's Team Selections...

Goianegra

What would be your main starting 11?

Big debate at work while we're sitting in the car waiting for the rain to fuck off :lol:

Use anyone you want, but here's a list of the players agent Levein has called up over the past 12 months:

GK's: McGregor, Gilks, Marshall, Samson, Gordon, Bell

Def's: Caldwell, Berra, Webster, Hanley, Dixon, Hutton, MacKenzie, Foster, Fox, Martin, Bardsley, Wallace, Mulgrew, McManus, Crainey, Shittaker

Mid's: Cowie, Dorrans, Forrest, Philips, Morrison, Adam, Snodgrass, Bannan, Black, McArthur, Robson, Bryson, Brown, Fletcher, Stevenson, Swanson

Fwd's: Miller, Mackie, Maloney, McCormack, Naismith, Rhodes, Goodwillie, Russell, Mackail-Smith

Obviously there's Steven Fletcher that Levein is too full of himself to ask, and some promising youth that haven't been called up in a while or at all (Danny Wilson, Templeton etc).

(To those that are going to moan about how there's another thread about Scotland and how they're "embarrassed" by our support that still follow the national team, giving an opinion on it doesn't mean you support it).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McGregor

Hutton-Caldwell-Mulgrew-Wallace

Fletcher

Forrest-Brown-Adam-Naismith

Rhodes

Thats with the way Levein plays.

McGregor

Hutton-Caldwell-Mulgrew-Wallace

Fletcher-Adam

Forrest-Naismith-Commons

Fletcher

That would be my team.

Struggling for someone on the left there.

I think some people are letting a bit of Rangers bias cloud their thinking a little bit RE: Templeton.

He's already 23 and Templeton still hasn't been in a full Scotland squad and that included when he was playing in the SPL every week. He shouldn't suddenly become a fixture in the team simply because he has signed for us now. He needs to play his way in to the reckoning to the point that Levein (or whoever else) simply cannot ignore him any more. Wether we like it or not, guys like Snodgrass, Paysmith, Forrest, Morrison, & even Gary Mackay-Steven play at a more challenging level every week and have been more consistently impressive than him over the past year or so and that will make them a more attractive/sensible option to the manager.

Wallace & Black should be in though. Their form over the past year or so has easily earned them a place in a twenty three man squad and Levein overlooking them is foolish on his part.

I included Templeton as Scotland are in dire need of someone to take on a man and give us another option in the final third.

So far the players we have used have not done so to any great effect, I don't think it could hurt to try something new.

Black maybe but McCarthur imo is a better option as I really think he is a right good player and perfroms to a high standard everytime I see him for Wigan.

I included Templeton as Scotland are in dire need of someone to take on a man and give us another option in the final third.

So far the players we have used have not done so to any great effect, I don't think it could hurt to try something new.

Black maybe but McCarthur imo is a better option as I really think he is a right good player and perfroms to a high standard everytime I see him for Wigan.

See in that case i would include Gary McKay Steven then (I know he is injured just now though). I think he was far more impressive than Templeton was last season and that form probably warrants a call up.

McArthur would be in my starting team too. He has come on leaps and bounds in the past year and he would have been in the team to play if he hadn't been injured IMO.

I still think there is a place in the squad for Black, but I don't think he should go straight in to the team either.

See in that case i would include Gary McKay Steven then (I know he is injured just now though). I think he was far more impressive than Templeton was last season and that form probably warrants a call up.

McArthur would be in my starting team too. He has come on leaps and bounds in the past year and he would have been in the team to play if he hadn't been injured IMO.

I still think there is a place in the squad for Black, but I don't think he should go straight in to the team either.

GMS is an interesting option and if he gets his form back after injury then he will be included I am sure. He was impressive but I think Templeton is a wee bit more direct than GMS although the latter does have a better end product at times.

On another note I fully expect him to be playing Championship or with Celt*c in January/next summer.

Really rate the lad.

I'm also not sure about the amount of people putting Rhodes in their team as a lone striker, and the amount of hype that people are putting on him in general either.

At this moment in time he seems to be the Scotland supports next great hope as a striker, but in recent years that mantel has been given to Boyd, McFadden, Mackail-Smith & now it's on to Rhodes because he scored goals for fun in the third tier of Englisg football.

Being totally honest, I haven't seen enough of Rhodes to fully judge him, but on the basis of what I have seen, I don't think his all round game is strong enough to lead the line alone at international level yet.

I'm also not sure about the amount of people putting Rhodes in their team as a lone striker, and the amount of hype that people are putting on him in general either.

At this moment in time he seems to be the Scotland supports next great hope as a striker, but in recent years that mantel has been given to Boyd, McFadden, Mackail-Smith & now it's on to Rhodes because he scored goals for fun in the third tier of Englisg football.

Being totally honest, I haven't seen enough of Rhodes to fully judge him, but on the basis of what I have seen, I don't think his all round game is strong enough to lead the line alone at international level yet.

With Levein as manager you wont be seeing that much of him anyway. Surely his form deserves a good go at it. Especially if he wont pick Fletcher

Templeton? What really has the boy done to justify being in the team? If he hadn't signed for us would so many still be putting him in? Doubt it.

Why have so many left our Darren Fletcher? Fully fit he is our best player.

Rhodes is about the most overrated player about at the moment.