Traynor sticking it to Cosgrove on air

OlegKuznetsov

Traynor said, too many people, including on your show have been too eager to say that the EBTs lead to Rangers administration and newco and that they have already been found guilty. He went on to say that they were all talking nonsense because they all got carried away with giving it to Rangers. It was Craig Whyte, he clarified, that caused it all.

The usually verbose and pretentiously eloquent Cosgrove stuttered and stammered through an unimpressive and forgettable response, which I simply cannot recall. I guarantee you didn't miss much from the Perth Pansy, but Traynor was quite good.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Traynor's nowhere near as bad as people think he is, from personal experience.

I've made similar statements about other folk in the media on here before and it's not welcome - it's just not what people want to hear. Even, or especially, if it's true.

I had a member of the VB questioning me once because I dared stand up for someone in the media who I knew personally. doh

I've made similar statements about other folk in the media on here before and it's not welcome - it's just not what people want to hear. Even, or especially, if it's true.

I had a member of the VB questioning me once because I dared stand up for someone in the media who I knew personally. doh

Who was that (in the media), if you don't mind me asking? I'd be keen to possibly garner other such insights from you, even if by PM. I'm currently trying to understand a bit more of the media culture in the WoS.

I'm currently trying to understand a bit more of the media culture in the WoS.

Politically, look for links between journalists and broadcasters and the Scottish Labour party.

Research Steven Purcell, Willie Haughey, Jack and Bridget McConnell.

Research how many Roman Catholics hold senior positions at BBC Scotland.

As for sports journalists and commentators, just check who their favourite team is.

Cosgrove is your typical tim who never lets the truth get in the way of having a go at Rangers ... bitter bitter people :anguish:

There was actually one rare moment, 3 or 4 years ago, where Cosgrove stated that in the media, Celtic fans seem to make a career of going into journalism and aren't so bothered to hide their allegiances, whilst Rangers fans were rarer and almost seemed to have to excuse, if not hide, theirs.

Off the ball 8 weeks ago, Cosgrove... I grew up supporting Celtic like the rest of the family, I got fed up with the sectarian nonsense and started supporting St Johnstone when I was 16..

Your call 3 weeks ago, Cosgrove, loud and decisive sounding.. Well I support a so called diddy team, since the day I was born I have supported St Johnstone and no one else !!..

Surprised the cunt can remember his name

I do actually enjoy Traynors articles etc! He's had his digs at us over the years but he has also been the lone voice of reason at times through this nonsense! I do like him over many of the other wanks in the media

I heard this... I also heard a Selik fan call in talking about us and Ally. In fact, the obsessed bastard made the EXACT same points he had made on Superscoreboard just a short time earlier. Two phone-ins in the same night... wacko.gif You couldnae make it up...!

Is says it all he managed to get on both .What do you think the odds would be of a bear getting on both shows with the same point.??

I have lambasted and abused Traynor by text many times on that radio scotland 80295 number.

Lately though, he has become the only journo with balls enough to start hinting at the truth.

Next time he is on, I will be sending him a "MR TRAYNOR, I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGISE.........ETC" text.

That is, of course, unless he reverts to being a cunt again before then. doh

As for cozgrove -- bitter bitter little wankstain. That is all.

I would agree there are much worse in Scotland. Keevins is the most bitter by far.

I haven't listened to Clyde in months but usually Keevins gets it very tight from tims. He was usually very critical of them in the past.

Again, I can't tell you the last time I listened to SSB.

Heard Traynor on Radio Scotland during the week, think it was the Macedonia game night, saying that only one or two teams in the SPL are pushing for the SPL to investigate dual contracts with the rest of the teams were not interested. Murdo McLoed asked him to explain and name names and his response was "well only one club will gain from Rangers being stripped of titles as their fans will feel their team have closed the gap on the titles won between the clubs. Makes no difference as Rangers fans will never recognise the loss of titles as they have actally won them". Perhaps not a direct quote but close. McLoed did not respond.

I have to agree, though not from personal experience. I think he is one of the more clued up mainstream journalists.

Having said that, in a lot of his articles on Rangers where he has been pretty much mainly positive about us, he did/does tend to throw in the odd unnecessary remark which is critical of us (you know what I mean, the usual guff).

Apart from that , I think he is not the worst of a bad bunch.

Traynor is pretty much a lone voice in the press that actually looks at Rangers in a balanced and sensible way. I am wondering though where his stable mate Jackson has disappeared to.

Cosgrove is like his buffoon of a mate Cowan, without doubt a Rangers hater.

:cgreen:

I have to admit Traynor's articles have been the most balanced of all and he did point out things like the folly of listening to fans over bank manager etc.

He has also been fairly balanced through this whole situation, certainly I read his articles cause they are about the only ones that have very little to hide.

He will also point out other's folly like today. Too many others have become blinded but he has not. At least there is one journalist out there who tries to write things as they should be written.

Heard Traynor on Radio Scotland during the week, think it was the Macedonia game night, saying that only one or two teams in the SPL are pushing for the SPL to investigate dual contracts with the rest of the teams were not interested. Murdo McLoed asked him to explain and name names and his response was "well only one club will gain from Rangers being stripped of titles as their fans will feel their team have closed the gap on the titles won between the clubs. Makes no difference as Rangers fans will never recognise the loss of titles as they have actally won them". Perhaps not a direct quote but close. McLoed did not respond.

Will give the guy credit for that as murdo does not take well to anyone questioning his opinion on celic if it is not to be more positive, wee scrote would have been seething that Trayner burst his bubble by saying no to Lawwels 'title stripping' bandwagon. Will be interesting to see which papers or journos climb aboard :craphead: