Ally

#WATP

578 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally McCoist remain in charge of Rangers?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should be given a chance. When Livingston came down to this level they struggled the first few months and then ran away with it, the same thing will happen with us.

In any case, if he doesn't stay, who will want to come in that's better?

Not many signs there of a man who has what it takes to put a winning team on the park in any division. Looks like the diddy team managers are realising this.

I wouldn't care if he rode a white charger down Edmiston Drive. with the resources he has we should be winning and winning well.

I would love him to be successful but I don't think this is good enough or acceptable. He shipped a massive lead last year without having a clue how to change it and he appears clueless this season. Adjusting to life outside the top tier or not, what we are witnessing is just abysmal. We have no direction whatsoever and I've said it in other posts, we should be developing a great style of football here and we can string 2 passes together without lumping it up the park. The home games I've been to were crap as well, stop papering over the cracks!!

I voted yes as I want to see Ally given a fair chance: but as a manager, if he can't motivate the players now to start giving in good performances and get their act together, then he is either poor at motivation, or a poor judge of player.

As a fan I expect him to have the answers.

I want to give Ally time but its only division 3 after all ffs.

This is a sharp reminder of the way it was pre - Souness. If anyone thinks we ain't going to have bad results on the way back then they are deluded.

Yep.

It's a reality check for those weaned only on a diet of virtually ever present success.

Still, reasons and excuses to one side, it's a shocker of a result.

Ally is still learning, people forget that this is only his 2nd season in charge of a football club in his life. The result was very disappointing tonight I agree but slamming the manager who has stood by us through thick and thin, worked for nothing, endured numerous amounts of sleepless nights and has poured his heart and soul into the club through this dramatic time isn't the answer. Any other manager wouldn't get the football we want from the current players, Ally brung them in and only he can turn this around.

no he has to leave on his own. it didnt work last season and we blew the title before christmas. why do we need 2 holding midfielders against inferior opposition? why do we not press and pass the ball instead of playing the long ball to a lone striker that continuously doesnt work. the worst thing is he doesnt learn from his mistakes and sits back without trying to change it when its going against us. sick of it its been too long

He deserves a season AT LEAST after all he has done,, and even then I would hope and prey that he would know enough within himself to stand down if and when the time comes.

But who anyway is going to come manage us in Div 3 ?? , wae a transfer ban that means you can't change fuck all for at least another year.

Christ, even I wouldn't fancy those conditions on a footie manager challenge lol.

So many people saying he needs time. We were pish under his management in the SPL. Poor signings, massive lead squandered before any points deduction.

New division, but poor signings again and some simply appalling results and performances.

You have to be objective and stop defending him due to who he is. Others have been sacked for less. The only reason I am hesitant about him going is who could we get in???

Super, you're a legend. Top player and having met the guy, seen personally what a top bloke he is. But I've seen literally nothing to suggest you're a good manager.

Super ally gave us years of good times, he deserves a bit of time a patience from us! If he feels he can't do it I think he'll be honest enough to say so. Love the guy too much to turn against him. He's had a horrible summer to prepare worse than any manager I can think of, give him time to sort it out.