Ally

#WATP

578 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally McCoist remain in charge of Rangers?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that game had finished at 2 - 1 before their offside goal there would have been hundreds of posters saying that was a great result. We went down to 10 men and played our best football. their equaliser was yards off side and the ref is a dodgy taig fucker with previous. A penalty shoot out is always a leveller.

We are a 3rd division side and the sooner people appreciate that the better.

I disagree, we're at the level of a spl side playing in a third division getting knocked out a nothing cup by a second div team.

If that game had finished at 2 - 1 before their offside goal there would have been hundreds of posters saying that was a great result. We went down to 10 men and played our best football. their equaliser was yards off side and the ref is a dodgy taig fucker with previous. A penalty shoot out is always a leveller.

A division 3 side made up of a SPL proven players, guys who have played for massive clubs like Lazio & AEK Athens and a few talented kids.

We might play in division 3, but we aren't really a division 3 club.

Absolute rubbish. If the game had finished 2-1 I would have been as thoroughly disappointed in Ally's performance as manager as I am now.

Yes we are a third division side but we have players who should be good enough to play in the top division in Scotland. But we can't play anything like an acceptable level of football against lower league opposition at the moment. The pre-season excuse is not valid anymore. We are a shambles.

I would give anything to come on here and say I was wrong come the weekend and the following weekend. Here's hoping. WATP. And also yes the ref was a taig cunt.

Difficult to say, having not been in the dressing room/Murray Park I don't know where the issues are. But having what I've seen for the last five years under the same coaching team I'd say it needs a major overhaul starting with them getting their jotters.

What is evident is that they can't see the issues that have plagued us for alot longer than 3 measly away games.

When the long ball wasn't working and their 6 foot plus shrek lookalikes at the back were mopping it up for fun, what did he do?.... he continued with the same approach. frightening.

It comes down to this, it really is that simple.

Scenario A

The coaching team are teaching and encouraging the wrong things.

Scenario B

The Coaching team are teaching them the right things but the players fail to listen and just ignore them.

These are up for debate, but personally I think it's scenario A. If I can see that there's no technique, no cultured football on display, why cant Ally and his backroom team see this?

Everytime Alexander humps a ball forward it came straight back. Ally should be telling his fullbacks to show and urging Alexander not to punt it... yet, he thinks that style of play is the way forward :anguish:

Why is there no movement? Why do we not dictate play? Why persist with a long ball? Why is our midfield so deep? Why miss out the midfield with a long ball to Sandaza who is totally inept with long balls. He clearly likes the ball on the deck with his back to goal.

Time is exactly what Ally and the coaching staff have had at Rangers, they came in to ''rebuild'' after the PLG saga... So why are haven't we moved on and seen a ball playing cultured football club?

Get a fuckin grip. We were through until a last minute 5 yard offside equaliser.

Worry about the taig refereeing rather than the legend that is bad deep for our cause.

We shouldn't need the bull about last minute flukes against us, ffs. Ally isn't in the position to concentrate on the baw! Didn't Smith tutor Durrant for the job?

It's hard to imagine Mr.Green isn't mulling over the thought of replacing him.

I myself am willing to give it more time, although it's nothing to do with the results that worries it's the way we are playing, it is fucking awful to watch. There is something seriously wrong with our training, scouting network and youth development.

I do love super but I would like to see a complete overhall of managerial staff, too many old hands stuck in the same old ways, we need to appoint a cunt of a manager, a real ball busting taskmaster, granted no names come to mind but there must be someone.

We look unfit, slow, unorganized and clueless and it's extremely worrying

Completely pointless changing managers at this stage. I'm Rangers through & through and I'll back our squad and management even through the tough times because that's the definition of being a true loyal Rangers supporter.

I say, let Ally do his job, build a side for our journey in the SFL and hopefully after our transfer ban is over Charles Green backs Ally financially so that we can bring in more numbers so that we have options and a bit more quality of player.

Finally it's going to be nigh on impossible finding suitable managers up to the task of taking us back to where we belong. I'm positive Ally has the mental strength to do a good job for us and will eventually prove to be a good manager for us going into the future.

Why, with the full backs we have does Alexander insist on punting the ball to opposition defenders? Hardly passed the ball all night and just booted it.

Black's passing and McKay's running were bypassed thanks to the long ball.

It's as if the players are too scared to try and play the way they should.

I disagree, we're at the level of a spl side playing in a third division getting knocked out a nothing cup by a second div team.

My point was stating we are a division 3 club and regardless of saying we are a SPL club we are in division 3. Maybe on paper we are SPL but in reality we are a division 3 side with potential. But the big but is! Only if we start playing with the same belief and energy as the 3rd and 2nd division sides have done against us. Ally's tactics are poor and are a continuation from last season but I still think we need to get behind him and support the cause. There are enough fuckers shafting us without our own fans joining in.

Reality check - we have this squad and manager for the forseeable future. Focus on supporting the team rather than adding to our problems. Piss with the cock you have! too many talking out of theirs and no me, I'm spouting truth.

WATP - No Surrender - Fcuk the SPL & SFA - Get off his fcuking back he is a legend and won't let us down. Judge him at the end of the season.

I'd love to see Ally succeeding. Sadly, I don't think Mr Green will give him much more time.

The worrying thing for me tonight was how the QOTS players looked much fitter and faster than us. This shouldn't be the case given our training facilities compared with theirs.

Worryingly, I agree. They were much more hungry in all aspects of play.

a few factors here, its ok to say that rangers players aren't div 3 players, but its up to them to show their quality when they step over the line, and they havnt.

yes as manager ally has to accept responsibility for his players but some of them need to learn what playing for rangers means.jig apart we seem devoid of passion and urgency, it cant be complacency because we hav'nt been comfortable enough to be complacent

folk are new criticising ally's signings, are we not entitled to expect that a player who has played in serie a cant defend against QOTS? the other signings were very decent, kyle apart, but who did we expect to bring in given our position?

the last thing our club needs right now is the turmoil of getting rid of a legend, we need to pull together, mibbees have a look at expectations, this isnt going to be the shoo in some glory hunters expected, ally's good enough to get us out of this division, we will gel as a team and over a season will gain promotion.

thens the time, imo, to re-assess where we are and where ally is as a manager.

I've seen nothing in his managerial career that indicates slightly he is a good manager. Nothing.

I don't see how that will majicly change. We have players like Shiels, McKay, Sandaza MacLeod, Arigyou and Wallace. Along with Templeton/Little when fit, all attacking players, and we play long ball football. It doesn't make sense at all and we're not going to improve.

So can someone explain what they would do better than Ally? Take the players for a pint? Give them a good gee up before the game? A kick up the arse? A cuddle? Some of your witty banter?

What the fcuk do you know about football that Ally McCoist and Ian Durrant don't know?

I fcuking worry about some people. Try and support the team and management instead of spouting bile. If you canny do that fcuk off to Penn State.

So can someone explain what they would do better than Ally? Take the players for a pint? Give them a good gee up before the game? A kick up the arse? A cuddle? Some of your witty banter?

What the fcuk do you know about football that Ally McCoist and Ian Durrant don't know?

I fcuking worry about some people. Try and support the team and management instead of spouting bile. If you canny do that fcuk off to Penn State.

what would we do ? nothing , thats a stupid question to ask , we aren't managers

but i would put money on certain managers that would be willing to take the job would have us playing better and actually winning games away from home

He's not a new manager - he had the whole of last season to get the hang of the job.

True, he's had time to "get the hang of the job". But look at the other aspects of "the job" he's forced to deal with. Someone needs to focus on the game. Ally is better upstairs, dealing with the bigger picture IMO.

Sadly,I have never had the belief that Ally could change from being one of the boys to a figure of authority but I did think that an intelligent guy that he is would learn from his mistakes.That has not happened; he still makes the same tactical and selection mistakes that have been obvious for almost a year.The players either do not carry out his instructions or his organisation is severely flawed and I do wonder if there is lack of respect or just attitude problems.

In saying that I would love Ally to succeed and would be against binning him at this stage but something has to change; perhaps replace his assistants and bring in someone who has tactical ability which seems sadly lacking and certainly improve training because we are poor in technical skills and look to be far less fit than our part time opponents have been so far.

what would we do ? nothing , thats a stupid question to ask , we aren't managers

but i would put money on certain managers that would be willing to take the job would have us playing better and actually winning games away from home

Stupid question? It was meant to be rhetorical.

Play out the fantasy. A new manager will need time to settle in and at the end of the day he will still have the same squad. Tactics come in to play but sooner or later people will understand our squad isn't that fcuking good.