Priorities Mr Green

Cooper230395

If Charles is to continue the good work, then 1 hour of his valuable time should be spent paying a visit to one Mr John Greig.

If memory serves me right, Shyte banned him from Ibrox for airing his concerns.

CG should make it a priority to publicly welcome the legend back to Ibrox.

If Charles is to continue the good work, then 1 hour of his valuable time should be spent paying a visit to one Mr John Greig.

Eh no John Greig walked out no one banned him and what exactly did John Greig do? this jobs for the boys is what got us into this mess in the 1st place we need proper business men on the board not an ex player with minimal intelligence.

Sandy Jardine has stepped up and been a brilliant ambassador for Rangers and has been 10* better than John Greig.

I remember as a kid I went to a Rangers Residential camp and at the end we all got to have our photo taken with the SPL & League cup trophies, shake hands with John Greig (along with a photo) and some youth coach. John Greig was just sitting there with a look of complete boredom and disgust on his face he never smiled or made an effort to chat with any of us I had the photo upto a few years back with him looking like miserable old cunt. He was being payed by Rangers to go along and perhaps inspire the next generation of Rangers players but he didn't even make an effort and refused one of the kids dads request for a photo because he couldn't be arsed he couldn't wait to get out of there.

Charles Green is basically at war with the SFA, SPL, HM, celtic, and anybody else who's trying to boot us in the baws. Not tae mention running one of the world's biggest clubs, trying to get them back to the top of the pile in Scottish football, followed by Europe, and he's tae go begging an old man with no business acumen back tae Ibrox?

Legend as a player - absolutely no doubt about it.

Someone our club needs at this moment in time - no.

Really?

Some fans will never be happy with CG.

FFS - who suggested he's given a fucking job?

Given this mans service to our club and at his stage in life he should be able to sit right next to Walter and enjoy being part of the Rangers Family.

He was banned from Ibrox by Whyte for openly disagreeing with the way he was running our club.

To date, no one has taken it upon themselves to reverse that decision.

A fan - Yes, A sponge - Never. Shame on those who GUESS otherwise

Given this mans service to our club and at his stage in life he should be able to sit right next to Walter and enjoy being part of the Rangers Family.

He was banned from Ibrox by Whyte for openly disagreeing with the way he was running our club.

We would need the Club Deck if we were to seat all former players.

get your facts right John Greig choose to leave no one banned him he can return to watch Rangers whenever he feels like it, it's him that has chosen not to return but he should never be employed by Rangers he doesn't act with the grace of a true Ranger like Walter and Ally.

get your facts right John Greig choose to leave no one banned him he can return to watch Rangers whenever he feels like it, it's him that has chosen not to return but he should never be employed by Rangers he doesn't act with the grace of a true Ranger like Walter and Ally.

Can you fucking read?

Source of your statement regarding 'his choice' ?

Can you fucking read?

Source of your statement regarding 'his choice' ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2050286/John-Greig-surprised-Craig-Whyte-Rangers-exit.html

When Rangers were on our knees a Rangers legend stood up and fought on our behalf he stood on the front steps of Hampden and gave an inspirational speech that summed up the spirit of every Rangers fan at the time he was at the forefront of our act of defiance against the SFA/SPL that man wasn't John Greig it was Sandy Jardine, Greig has never done anything like that infact he never did anyting at all in his boardroom/ambassador role at the club.

Theres been many threads on John Greig since he left and its up to him if he wants to approach Charles Green or Malcom Murray and talk to them about a role at the club. He could and should of spoken out about Whyte but he didnt, i hold no grudge but i have moved on and maybe its time for him to tell the support how he feels a year on from leaving.

For anyone who thinks otherwise, John Greig was definitely NOT banned by Whyte from Ibrox.I happened to be in Poland when the rift between Greig and Whyte happened,so I obviously had no idea what was going on in the world,never mind at Rangers FC and it was with astonishment when the first I heard of it was two days after I arrived in Scotland as I was on the train to Edinburgh for the Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) game along with casey jones and rangersgary that I heard about this.

During and after a tour & lunch at Ibrox in early November, I happened to have separate discussions with two very long term employees of Rangers FC (who are still there) and they confirmed that JG walked of his own accord because of what was happening under the Whyte regime and also that they didn't know if he would return or not,which suggests that there was no ban on him by Whyte.

That is not to say that Whyte didn't threaten to get rid of Greig,but he certainly didn't ban him from Ibrox.

I'll always thank John Grieg for his service as a player and captain of The Rangers, especially during the aftermath of the disaster, the dignity he showed at that particular time and afterwards was what we all came to expect from an employee of The Rangers, of coarse he could be a moody man at times, just proves he is human, but I had the pleasure of meeting him on a couple of occasions and he was always gregarious in those meetings I had with him.

I have no idea what went on behind the scenes regarding CW but if he was man enough to walk out then he should be man enough to make his own way back, and I'm certain he'd be welcomed with open arms as a true legend of the club should be, but as many others have said before, including John Greig himself, "no man is bigger than the club".

He's only hurting himself by staying away.

Sandy Jardine has done a better job anyway in my opinion.

As much as a legend Greig is, I don't really see a role for him at Ibrox.

I have never met him myself, but I have heard a few not too savoury stories about him

Well you should listen to some of the brilliant stories about the great man.

I've met him a few times and he's been fine with me. None of it matters when you consider his career as player.

He was awesome. Not quite good, decent, or passable - but awesome.

Well you should listen to some of the brilliant stories about the great man.

I've met him a few times and he's been fine with me. None of it matters when you consider his career as player.

He was awesome. Not quite good, decent, or passable - but awesome.

(tu)

I hate how stories on a message board can effect fans opinions on a great, great Ranger.

would love to see the legend back at ibrox, beside walter supporting the team.

the mans 70 years old, the failings of past boards to defend our club , run our club and promote and sell our club properly are part of the reason for our slide, we need younger dynamic men to take our club foward and restore it to its former glory.

look at the deals being done, edmiston house returned, proper merchandise deals, proper kit deals, we have businessmen in charge with plans to develope ibrox, not moonbeams but concrete plans, investors on board with plans for auchenhowie.

while I admire the sentiment of the op, when it comes to men to take the club onwards its time for looking forward not back.

John Greig is longest-serving 'living captain' of the club. Yet through all the recent turmoil I have not heard him speak up to defend the club. A club who employed him as a player and paid him a handsome salary for his questionable PR role when his playing days + attempted management career were over.

JG has made a good living from Rangers. He was a good club servant and his playing days will always be cherished by Rangers fans.

That said he is owed nothing by the club. I'm sure like most ex-players he is eligible for complimentary tickets so he will always be welcome to come along and support the club.

Charles Green is basically at war with the SFA, SPL, HM, celtic, and anybody else who's trying to boot us in the baws. Not tae mention running one of the world's biggest clubs, trying to get them back to the top of the pile in Scottish football, followed by Europe, and he's tae go begging an old man with no business acumen back tae Ibrox?

Legend as a player - absolutely no doubt about it.

Someone our club needs at this moment in time - no.

Needed: No

Job to do at Ibrox: No

Should he be invited back to sit in the Directors Box: Yes

Mind it's no thal long ago he was voted the greatest ever ger. One year does not wipe that away.