Allys Interview.

minstral

ALLY McCOIST says he knows the responsibility he has to turn things round after Rangers’ search for an away league win continued.

The Rangers manager was disappointed by the 1-0 defeat to Stirling Albion but he insists hard work from his coaches and players will turn things in the Light Blues’ favour.

He said: “Once the players cross the white line there is only so much you can do with substitutions and tactical tweaks.

“Everyone here though has a responsibility, every individual within the playing and coaching staff has that but none more so than my own.

“I know the responsibilities and the job in hand and I’m all the more determined. We lost a league game and as much of a blow as it is, I’m very confident we’ll bounce back.

“There was a lot of nonsense written and spoken at the start of the season about how we would do this and that in SFL3 but none of those views were shared in any way by any of the Rangers staff.

“It’s been proved that anything we will get will be through hard work. You have to earn it, regardless of what level you are playing football at.

“Today we had a lot more possession than we have done in any other away game and were probably better in possession than we have been but when you don’t take your chances this is what can happen.

“It’s our job now to pick it up and we will do it. What I can guarantee everyone is that we will be working our socks off on the training ground.

“We’ll do bits and pieces on shape and finishing and we have to work our way through it because nobody is going to hand us the division on a plate.

“What will certainly help us get to that target is hard work and I can guarantee to everybody that is what we will be doing in the next few weeks.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headli...ll-work-it-out

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have been working our socks off in the training ground before now

Yip and given one of the favourite excuses on here for our poor start to the season was the squads lack of pre-season training, I would have thought double shifts at Auchenhowie to get the players up to speed is the least that could have been expected up til now.

I love Ally McCoist but how many points do we have to drop before something happens? It's the same every away game, we should win the game but we don't.

And Ally comes out and says just about the same thing every time. "We're disappointed" "we're working hard in training" "we will bounce back" etc etc.

They all have their responsibilities and the players are as much to blame as Ally but at the end of the day it will all come down to Ally, if the players are under performing then he needs to drop them, if that means dropping half the team and the higher earners then so be it, they need to learn that it's unacceptable.

The other 3rd div teams certainly have been working harder.

And if this is a league of hard knocks, we have to start going in a bit harder.

I'd rather have a few players out recovering from knocks and sitting top, than chasing around defensive walls and moaning at the ref for not getting free-kicks.

It is shocking being a Rangers supporter having to watch us struggle every week against teams that our reserve or youth team would have previously annihilated

Don't know what the coaching staf are going to do to change it, because it's been like this since the start of the season. We can have all the corporate strategy in place to progress our club, but if we're putting out performances like this, then those strategies mean absolutely nothing.

Been saying it for a long time and usually get the neg reps for it, he has shown me nothing as a manager that gives me any confidence at all.

He will always be a Legend for his time as a player and for the last 8 months, but it is increasingly apparent that this is John Greig II.

I always worried he couldnt make the step up. 003.gif

ALLY McCOIST says he knows the responsibility he has to turn things round after Rangers’ search for an away league win continued.

The Rangers manager was disappointed by the 1-0 defeat to Stirling Albion but he insists hard work from his coaches and players will turn things in the Light Blues’ favour.

He said: “Once the players cross the white line there is only so much you can do with substitutions and tactical tweaks.

“Everyone here though has a responsibility, every individual within the playing and coaching staff has that but none more so than my own.

“I know the responsibilities and the job in hand and I’m all the more determined. We lost a league game and as much of a blow as it is, I’m very confident we’ll bounce back.

“There was a lot of nonsense written and spoken at the start of the season about how we would do this and that in SFL3 but none of those views were shared in any way by any of the Rangers staff.

“It’s been proved that anything we will get will be through hard work. You have to earn it, regardless of what level you are playing football at.

“Today we had a lot more possession than we have done in any other away game and were probably better in possession than we have been but when you don’t take your chances this is what can happen.

“It’s our job now to pick it up and we will do it. What I can guarantee everyone is that we will be working our socks off on the training ground.

“We’ll do bits and pieces on shape and finishing and we have to work our way through it because nobody is going to hand us the division on a plate.

“What will certainly help us get to that target is hard work and I can guarantee to everybody that is what we will be doing in the next few weeks.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headli...ll-work-it-out

Anyone that thinks we just need to turn up to beat these wee clubs , fans and players alike should remember this particular quote. (tu)

Keep the chin up ally you will prove the haters wrong. :praise:

No haters mate. Realists.

The only way i can see this working for him, is getting rid of Mcdowall and Durrant and bringing in someone witj experience

Keep the chin up ally you will prove the haters wrong. :praise:

You'll struggle to find any Rangers fan on here who hates Ally McCoist.

Posters like yourself seem to be unable to comprehend that doubting McCoist as a Manager does not equate in any way, shape or form to hating him.