Ally Mc Coist V Billy Davies

As a ST for 25 years and regular before,I've witnessed Ally scoring 1 out of 3 chances,but as a manager he hasn't done much. When Walter was in charge he left cup games to Ally and our performances were woeful.

As all tims bring up, he lost effectively a 15 point lead last season.

On the other hand, Billy Davies' record is slightly different.

He helped Motherwell avoid relegation with 5 games left.

Next season he nearly qualified Motherwell for Europe.

Next season Motherwell directors sold 9 players and as a result he got sacked.

Season 05 he took Preston to play-offs for Prem League.

Season 06 he did the same.

Later he took Derby into the Premier League.

Season 09 with Notts Forest he did a run of 15 unbeaten matches from Sept which included 10 wins and 5 draws.

I rest my case m'lord.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your case? That a man who has failed in the play-offs four times in seven seasons is the man we need for a vital bid for promotion? Sterling fucking logic, big man.

My case is that we all love Ally,but as a manager

, I'm sorry but he hasn't a clue.

Stirling were bottom of the league FFS!

He helped Motherwell avoid relegation with 5 games left - in the spl, big deal

Next season he nearly qualified Motherwell for Europe - in the spl, big deal

Next season Motherwell directors sold 9 players and as a result he got sacked???

Season 05 he took Preston to play-offs for Prem League = failed

Season 06 he did the same = failed

Later he took Derby into the Premier League - then were pish

Season 09 with Notts Forest he did a run of 15 unbeaten matches from Sept which included 10 wins and 5 draws - check out ally's longest run

I rest my case m'lord - i wont be hiring you as my lawyer any time soon.

Even if we need a new manager, this is a shite argument for billy davies

My case is that we all love Ally,but as a manager

, I'm sorry but he hasn't a clue.

Stirling were bottom of the league FFS!

What does that have to do with Billy Davies? Why have people latched onto this idea that he is the man to lead us out of this? Exactly what part of his objectively poor promotion record has convinced people that he's the man to lead us to promotion?

As a ST for 25 years and regular before,I've witnessed Ally scoring 1 out of 3 chances,but as a manager he hasn't done much. When Walter was in charge he left cup games to Ally and our performances were woeful.

Season 09 with Notts Forest he did a run of 15 unbeaten matches from Sept which included 10 wins and 5 draws.

I rest my case m'lord.

LEGEND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVBtoGYwuc

He helped Motherwell avoid relegation with 5 games left - in the spl, big deal

Next season he nearly qualified Motherwell for Europe - in the spl, big deal

Next season Motherwell directors sold 9 players and as a result he got sacked???

Season 05 he took Preston to play-offs for Prem League = failed

Season 06 he did the same = failed

Later he took Derby into the Premier League - then were pish

Season 09 with Notts Forest he did a run of 15 unbeaten matches from Sept which included 10 wins and 5 draws - check out ally's longest run

I rest my case m'lord - i wont be hiring you as my lawyer any time soon.

How did you know I was a lawyer? I'll take the grass to court.

Even if we need a new manager, this is a shite argument for billy davies

He didn't lose anything like a 15 point lead. Celtic had 2 games in hand when we went 15 clear. It was 9 at best. Billy Davies would not be my first choice but some of the crap aimed at his achievements is clueless and embarrassing. He done very well in England and took his respective clubs further than they could have ever dreamed of.

What does that have to do with Billy Davies? Why have people latched onto this idea that he is the man to lead us out of this? Exactly what part of his objectively poor promotion record has convinced people that he's the man to lead us to promotion?

Because Ally hasn't won a game away from home in div 3 and LOST to the bottom club.

Who else can? Mc Innes?

Because Ally hasn't won a game away from home in div 3 and LOST to the bottom club.

I'll ask you again, what does that have to do with Billy Davies? Forgot Ally for a second, we're talking about your messiah, Billy Davies. Why do you want him? Why, when we're all agreed that failure to achieve promotion would be disastrous, do you want a man with a proven record of failure to achieve promotion?

If you're going to reply without answering my question again, don't bother. I'll know that you have nothing to say.

Oh, I get it, it's just a "he's a Rangers man" thing.

The very same thing those of us who support McCoist are accused of being blinded by. Fantastic.

Aye cos people other than Rangers men are going to come to us in div3. :lol: :lol:

Somecunt stick a thread up for Rafa Benitez

Oh, I get it, it's just a "he's a Rangers man" thing.

The very same thing those of us who support McCoist are accused of being blinded by. Fantastic.

OK, can we all agree we require a new manager.

Who else can we bring in, could `Durranty cut it, or Mc Dowall who had no Rangers connections except from scoring against us to secure a victory for St Midden yesrs ago.

Billy Davies at PNE was awful, the football was poor and he blamed everyone including the fans when they were beaten. He got results but PNE fans were glad he went. His idea of a good result was 0-0 at home.

What is your case? That a man who has failed in the play-offs four times in seven seasons is the man we need for a vital bid for promotion? Sterling fucking logic, big man.

Give it a couple of months and his logic,?????? talking about hysteria,Ally has put his faith on the line from day one,where the fck was the rest of them,big deal we are going through a massive change,it only makes the manager,the Club as a whole,and esp. the TRUE SUPPORTERS stronger.As in life nothing is a given..............

Aye cos people other than Rangers men are going to come to us in div3. :lol: :lol:

I don't think anybody is going to come to us. You miss my point. If we're just whoring ourselves around to "Rangers men", I'll stick with the one we've got, thanks all the same. The overrating of McInnes and Davies around here is baffling and - to the extent that it's built up as "in comparison to Ally" - quite pathetic too. With absolutely no real pressure at all, neither have achieved anything substantial in the game at all. With no burden of expectation, like they would have at Rangers, the greatest achievement of either man is Davies' promotion with Derby, whose chances of survival he scuttled by November and they turned out to be the worst team in the history of the premier league.

Neither have the slightest experience of an undertaking like the one they would be facing at Rangers. And all those on here calling for them and telling Ally to get to fuck will be the exact same people calling for the head of Billy Davies or Derek McInnes as soon as they lost a match.

Do you not think we could attract some young, up and coming, exciting football manager from outside the Rangers family? I think we could if we looked hard enough.

Do you not think we could attract some young, up and coming, exciting football manager from outside the Rangers family? I think we could if we looked hard enough.

Do you mean the likes of Paul Hartley,Kenny Shiels,Peter Houston or the turd from Leith or Gorgie Rd?

I rest my case m'lord.

Was the sacking at Motherwell not connected with money " loaned " to his brother in law, jobs being given to family members and other financial discrepancies or have I got this wrong? He has also a consistent record of falling out with chairmen and we certainly do not need that sort of aggrovation at this stage.