Ally Mc Coist V Billy Davies

No, what is drivel is so called fans turning on our manager and demanding he be sacked/replaced this early. No stomach, no loyalty, no patience.

Some fans seemed to think going to 3rd division meant we could completely turn around our scouting network, playing style to Barcelona, meanwhile gubbing these teams 5-0.

That's fucking drivel.

I disagree but you knew that already.

16 months into a job is not early. In fact it can be argued in todays game, that is a good level of loyalty and patience, and certainly plenty stomach when you see what is actually on offer on that pitch.

Why can't we change our scouting philosophy? Why can't we change the way our club plays football? We are gubbing teams by high scores just not away from home, yet, but it will come.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a ST for 25 years and regular before,I've witnessed Ally scoring 1 out of 3 chances,but as a manager he hasn't done much. When Walter was in charge he left cup games to Ally and our performances were woeful.

As all tims bring up, he lost effectively a 15 point lead last season.

On the other hand, Billy Davies' record is slightly different.

He helped Motherwell avoid relegation with 5 games left.

Next season he nearly qualified Motherwell for Europe.

Next season Motherwell directors sold 9 players and as a result he got sacked.

Season 05 he took Preston to play-offs for Prem League.

Season 06 he did the same.

Later he took Derby into the Premier League.

Season 09 with Notts Forest he did a run of 15 unbeaten matches from Sept which included 10 wins and 5 draws.

I rest my case m'lord.

I know bears are all entitled to their opinion but in my view the Rangers Media Article expresses my own opinion better than the OP.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=986:mccoist-the-manager&catid=100:coaching&Itemid=528

That's not particularly the case with Davies considering he got his agent to tell the press 'he's not that big of a Rangers man' so he could be considered for the Celtic job.

The guy's an arse and him being touted as Ally's replacement is a terrible idea.

Well great, now there's two reasons.

Are you making fun of our club?

:cgreen:

No not the club, just the people who continually post the get rid of ally comments.

I thought it was fairly obvious.

How many managers worthy of being in charge of Rangers have you noticed banging on the door to take over from Ally.

3rd division Scottish club, no European football for three years a squad of youth players.

We may, in the eyes of us loyal supporters, be the greatest football team in the World. The sad reality is at this stage in time we are a long way from that.

Ally McCoist has been a great player for this club, he has stood by the club over the last year, he has supported the supporters but just because he hasn't set the heather on fire so far this season all those with short memories want him sacked.

Wouldn't that just be a lovely way to repay his loyalty.