Ally Mc Coist V Billy Davies

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One minute we're not allowed to judge Ally for last year. The next we're allowed it, cause it boost up his win percentage.

Billy Davies is certainly not the answer. But when Ally managerial attributes come into question, he's getting judged on this season, and this season only. Hence why at this moment in time, he'll get to at least Christmas to turn it around.

Ally has 10 to 100 times the resources of the teams he plays against. Billy Davies did not have that luxury.

Obviously a Rangers manager is going to have a better win record with the players avalible to him and the teams he comes up against than a manager of Motherwell, Derby, Nottingham Forest or Preston.

:clap: Exactly.

Like Ally was?

so your point is you didn't want ally in the first place due to lack of experience managing teams expected to win, but fuck it, you'll replace him with billy davies even though he's had mediocre results with mediocre teams, not expected to win?

you're overwhelming the Bears' Den with logic :lol:

so your point is you didn't want ally in the first place due to lack of experience managing teams expected to win, but fuck it, you'll replace him with billy davies even though he's had mediocre results with mediocre teams, not expected to win?

you're overwhelming the Bears' Den with logic :lol:

Where have i said any of that? <cr> It simply isn't true. Anyway, i am sure *Derby, Forest and Preston fans would disagree about mediocre results.

*A few weeks in the Premiership with no financial backing aside.

Lennons ratio is 74%, is he a better manager than Ally?

You've already said the win % is a ridiculous measuring stick and I'm happy to go with that. But so is any other statistic you want to bring out.

As for your question, what does it matter, do you want Lennon as manager?

The above is all you had to say.

My point being people were using statistics to support Billy Davies, so I used one to support Ally. Yet mine was deemed 'ridiculous' by those relying on statistics for their own arguments.

Let's assume Ally was never our manager but some foreign guy - what would we as a support be asking for? Answer: All the attributes that Ally has, history, fight, tradition, blue blood.

What does that tell us about those that want Ally out? Just that they are whiny bitches that don't have the stomach for a long haul fight back to the top.

My point being people were using statistics to support Billy Davies, so I used one to support Ally. Yet mine was deemed 'ridiculous' by those relying on statistics for their own arguments.

Let's assume Ally was never our manager but some foreign guy - what would we as a support be asking for? Answer: All the attributes that Ally has, history, fight, tradition, blue blood.

What does that tell us about those that want Ally out? Just that they are whiny bitches that don't have the stomach for a long haul fight back to the top.

What stats supported Davies mate? His stats are not very good. You have to look at the bigger picture to appreciate his achievements.

Fans would not be asking for anything different from what he was giving us if he was being successful.

Your last sentence is drivel mate.

Where have i said any of that? <cr> It simply isn't true. Anyway, i am sure *Derby, Forest and Preston fans would disagree about mediocre results.

*A few weeks in the Premiership with no financial backing aside.

the last thing im going to say to you is, instead of spending your time making excuses for Billy Davies managerial failings, your energy would be better spent getting behind Ally & the team :cgreen:

Your last sentence is drivel mate.

No, what is drivel is so called fans turning on our manager and demanding he be sacked/replaced this early. No stomach, no loyalty, no patience.

Some fans seemed to think going to 3rd division meant we could completely turn around our scouting network, playing style to Barcelona, meanwhile gubbing these teams 5-0.

That's fucking drivel.

Davies is a very good manager, has a track record of getting results with mediocre sides. The Derby stat being the worst ever team in the prem was due to the guy totally over-achieving that season, they weren't ready for the championship never mind the prem. The problem he seems to have is he is a little cunt, mouths off a lot and speaks his mind, often to the media. Don't think he's exactly a chairmans dream.