Ian Ferguson

Does anyone think he would be a good candidate for manager/assistant manager right now? He seems to be doing well for Perth Glory in the A league.

One thing is for sure he would have the team knowing what it means to play for the Rangers! (not that I am saying Ally doesn't btw)

Does anyone think he would be a good candidate for manager/assistant manager right now? He seems to be doing well for Perth Glory in the A league.

One thing is for sure he would have the team knowing what it means to play for the Rangers! (not that I am saying Ally doesn't btw)

No.

Who knows, if Ally was to leave we might do better getting a decent SFL manager who knows the leagues and the way the game is played down here, and we shouldnt limit ourselves to ex players or known Rangers supporters. Maybe we need a manager who has no connection to the club to look at things from a diffrent angle, like CG did when he first arrived.

Who knows, if Ally was to leave we might do better getting a decent SFL manager who knows the leagues and the way the game is played down here, and we shouldnt limit ourselves to ex players or known Rangers supporters. Maybe we need a manager who has no connection to the club to look at things from a diffrent angle, like CG did when he first arrived.

If we went down the route of an SFL manager and looking at our squad surely Billy Reid would be the ideal candidate? He done wonders with a young Hamilton side. His boys a fucking banger right enough

If we went down the route of an SFL manager and looking at our squad surely Billy Reid would be the ideal candidate? He done wonders with a young Hamilton side. His boys a fucking banger right enough

He certainly has decent credentials, i was impressed with his Hamilton team a couple of years ago in the SPL, even though they were relegated they tried to play decent football and thats what players like Templeton, Shiels, Aird ect respond to. I need to start googleing SFL managers now as im afraid im not as clued up on them as i should be, but there are good managers out there who would jump at the chance to be Rangers manager.

Yeah that's a good choice actually. Surely the board are open to ideas about adding to our very limited coaching and management staff. I would personally like to see a new assistant manager brought in, a defensive coach and a technical coach from Germany or Holland brought in.

Yeah that's a good choice actually. Surely the board are open to ideas about adding to our very limited coaching and management staff. I would personally like to see a new assistant manager brought in, a defensive coach and a technical coach from Germany or Holland brought in.

I would love to see that also mate but not untill we were back to a decent level, if Ally who knows Scottish football is sruggling i think a foreigner may well struggle down there. As much as it pains me to say this i really dont think ally has it :(

Big Ian could be brought in as an assistant or discipline coach,,, or just to gee em some aggression. One look from him would be enough to gee anyone reason to up the effort. Imagine as a 17/18 yr old kid thinking ye have to go into a room wae him afterwards :lol:

Big Ian could be brought in as an assistant or discipline coach,,, or just to gee em some aggression. One look from him would be enough to gee anyone reason to up the effort. Imagine as a 17/18 yr old kid thinking ye have to go into a room wae him afterwards :lol:

Exactly! haha. Can you imagine his antics in the dugout with the whole Lennon carry on a couple of years ago? He'd certainly put a few people in there place :D

CG won't sack Ally and Ally will turn things around. Some managers have the players shitting themselves at the thought of going into the dressing room on the back of a poor performance, Ally doesn't have that aura and never will. If the stakes were higher (there is zero doubt that we will win this league) and the share issue was past then it might be a different story.

Only one manager currently in Scotland that has the managerial ability, and it's not Stuart McCall etc. It's Ross County Manager Derek Adams. It's only a matter of time before he leaves Ross County and goes on to bigger things.

Good tip.

He could bring his dad back to run Auchenhowie, as well!

Young billy reid was some footballer few years younger than me but kicked the ball about with us and could see tbe talent what happened to him

Young billy reid was some footballer few years younger than me but kicked the ball about with us and could see tbe talent what happened to him

He's just a wee tit mate. Just mwi etc all the time and a was gonae kill him up Torrance a few years back. He was a good player but his wee cousin Chris was even better. He was at St Johnstone and now plays in Austrailia

Ian Ferguson is one of my favourite Rangers players and if some of the current players applied themselves like Fergie did we would see a big improvement .Not sure on his coaching credentials but I doubt the players would like to go back in to the dressing room to face Fergie after a poor result if they had not gave their all.

Ian Ferguson is one of my favourite Rangers players and if some of the current players applied themselves like Fergie did we would see a big improvement .Not sure on his coaching credentials but I doubt the players would like to go back in to the dressing room to face Fergie after a poor result if they had not gave their all.

He's been coaching in the A league in Australia for a while now so probably has more managerial experience than McCoist, although I am sure he would accept being an assistant at the club he loves.

The dream team for management for me in our current climate would be:

Director of football - Graeme Souness

Manager - Ally McCoist

Assistant Managers - Ian Ferguson/Ray Wilkins

First team defence coach - Richard Gough

First team technical coach - Brian Laudrup

Can you imagine a performance like Saturdays and having to answer to them?

The problem for me is hes one of the 9IAR pals. They're all legends; ally, durrant, mccall, etc. But there was a pals culture back then (part of the reason we didnt get ten), and i wouldnt like to see that creeping in again.

If, and thats a massive if, were replacing ally, we need a manager with balls, and a fresh outlook on things. Who can change the football ethos of the club.

The problem for me is hes one of the 9IAR pals. They're all legends; ally, durrant, mccall, etc. But there was a pals culture back then (part of the reason we didnt get ten), and i wouldnt like to see that creeping in again.

If, and thats a massive if, were replacing ally, we need a manager with balls, and a fresh outlook on things. Who can change the football ethos of the club.

I know what you're saying but for the lower leagues of Scottish football we should be able to get away with having the boys in.

History shows when a manager comes in and tries to change things overnight it doesn't work PLG with us, Berti Vogts at Scotland, AVB with Chelsea. If we could get continental coaches in who can begin to adapt the way we play and train maybe by the time we get back into the SPL players like Barry Mckay, Lewis Macleod etc would be all the better for it.