IPO. RST hinting that the minimum price could be brought down from £500.

Rangers Supporters @rangersfctrust

Appears £500 is understandably too much for many of us. If so, keep your eye on our timeline over next few weeks.

Expand

Rangers Supporters Trust

Will you be investing in the IPO? Has Green given you enough assurances? Is £500 too steep? Would you invest at a lower amount if possible?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than likely another RST sharesave move. Ie. Give US your money, well buy some shares and pocket the rest. The trust have no desire to help Rangers or any fans, just those who tow their party line

Hope your wrong. But if this is there plan no one will go along with it. Surely?

I won't be anyway, i would rather give Rangers the 500. Instead of paying £10 to the RST for 1 share.

A lower threshold would be great .would be a smashing Xmas present to give or to get 50 or 100 quid of shares . Would need to be directly though ( framed share certificate ) not through rst ( framed iou on the inside of a jaffa cake box) .

Hope your wrong. But if this is there plan no one will go along with it. Surely?

I won't be anyway, i would rather give Rangers the 500. Instead of paying £10 to the RST for 1 share.

I hope I'm wrong too. Although the trust backed 'those with rangers best interests at heart (including John browns consortium)' their words not mine, whilst calling for a st boycott.

F the rst , everytime there is a whiff of money they are out and saying things as if they are in the know.............they are shit stirring fuckers..............they have been on here stirring shit since they got their meeting with CG.

One guy even said he got all his money back without even asking for it.........guys have said they are members but have never questioned the behaviour of the cheque guy................they need to be sent packing again.

No harm in investing through a Supporters Trust. Many other clubs in the UK have done so and it's 100% secure and can give fans a democratic voice with equity in the club so can't be ignored.

I may invest personally the money I received back from GerSave but may also invest in the RST scheme as a co-operative democratic community voice for the Rangers support would be excellent.

Depends on how it is all going to work.

My understanding that the £500 mark was to make it feasible with the costs of the prospectus etc, that they were advised that this could be the minimum amount.

I don't know whether they can get away with doing a mass emailing of the prospectus and application, which would obviously cut costs dramatically or whether it has to be physical as in sent out by post. Which means how many obsessives are registered wasting time and money.

Lowering the minimum has the advantage as it would be seen to be more inclusive of the support, as already mentioned particularly at this time of year, they could also maybe do it if it is thought to be oversubscribed and were confident of getting the full amount, but this would be a gamble.

The other thing is as well, if they change tack and decide on a lower minimum it could be seen as a sign of weakness on the uptake, which wouldn't be good to go towards flotation.

So it will all depend on what Capita are telling CG, so think gonna have to wait a bit longer rather than relying on hints from the RST

F the rst , everytime there is a whiff of money they are out and saying things as if they are in the know.............they are shit stirring fuckers..............they have been on here stirring shit since they got their meeting with CG.

One guy even said he got all his money back without even asking for it.........guys have said they are members but have never questioned the behaviour of the cheque guy................they need to be sent packing again.

No harm in investing through a Supporters Trust. Many other clubs in the UK have done so and it's 100% secure and can give fans a democratic voice with equity in the club so can't be ignored.

I may invest personally the money I received back from GerSave but may also invest in the RST scheme as a co-operative democratic community voice for the Rangers support would be excellent.

Can you help me bud...........the buttons up the back of my head have come undone, think it's to do with the posts you have suddenly been making................fuckin hell rst my arse.

Fuck me they draw 100 to a meeting and all you guys from ffrst start coming out the woodwork :7325:

They are an embarrassment to the name of Rangers..............if there was an X Factor for supporters trust, then this trustless trust that has shamed the name of Rangers would not even make the audition stages.

So please don't come that patronising keech.

You really hate Mark Dingwall don't you? Did he pump your Mrs or something? The arrogance which makes you believe that you have the right to slate other supporters just because they don't agree with you is a disgrace.

:000000082: my fuck man. you are so one tracked mind re that chappy, how the fuck can you stick up for a guy that made a full out of a trust :hanged:

Can you help me bud...........the buttons up the back of my head have come undone, think it's to do with the posts you have suddenly been making................fuckin hell rst my arse.

Fuck me they draw 100 to a meeting and all you guys from ffrst start coming out the woodwork :7325:

They are an embarrassment to the name of Rangers..............if there was an X Factor for supporters trust, then this trustless trust that has shamed the name of Rangers would not even make the audition stages.

So please don't come that patronising keech.

Ha thanks. You talk as much about the RST as Celtic fans do about Rangers. Think about that for a minute.

Petty squabbles over whatever happened in the past should remain in the past. No other fans group appears to be coming forward as a viable alternative so I will stick with the democratic RST and aim to do something constructive rather than spend all my time on a site talking about something I claim not to care about... :)

:000000082: my fuck man. you are so one tracked mind re that chappy, how the fuck can you stick up for a guy that made a full out of a trust :hanged:

I didn't stick up for anyone. I merely made an observation. You are completely entitled to your opinion on MD and the RST. The way you verbally attack those on here who exercise that same right and form a different opinion is out of order. The Rangers support is a broad church united by their support of the club. Your posts to those who back the trust are aggressive and staggeringly arrogant.

Ha thanks. You talk as much about the RST as Celtic fans do about Rangers. Think about that for a minute.

Petty squabbles over whatever happened in the past should remain in the past. No other fans group appears to be coming forward as a viable alternative so I will stick with the democratic RST and aim to do something constructive rather than spend all my time on a site talking about something I claim not to care about... :)

Oh my fuck, why don't you just admit it , you are here to stir it up and try to make these charlatans look the part..............trust by name trustless by actions ,weak lily livered board and members not getting rid of that man when he did what he did........fuckin sheep baa baa

I admire your indefatigabilty, but there's no talking to some people, they hate the RST, Suck etc more than they love Rangers.

I didn't stick up for anyone. I merely made an observation. You are completely entitled to your opinion on MD and the RST. The way you verbally attack those on here who exercise that same right and form a different opinion is out of order. The Rangers support is a broad church united by their support of the club. Your posts to those who back the trust are aggressive and staggeringly arrogant.

What a crock of shit, after they lambasted people trying to buy the club, calling for fans not to buy season books...it's you my friend that has thos misguided view of those weak people and the devious one on the ffrst.

At no point did I suggest your view was misguided or wrong. You are perfectly entitled to hold your opinion, as are others to hold alternative viewpoints.

I enjoy going on messageboards to discuss and debate Rangers with fellow supporters. You my friend appear to be more of a Dingwall/RST hater than a Rangers supporter. Either that or you're a troll. Either way I'm out.

Edit - I didn't know the story behind the word bigot. Very interesting

Depends on how it is all going to work.

My understanding that the £500 mark was to make it feasible with the costs of the prospectus etc, that they were advised that this could be the minimum amount.

I don't know whether they can get away with doing a mass emailing of the prospectus and application, which would obviously cut costs dramatically or whether it has to be physical as in sent out by post. Which means how many obsessives are registered wasting time and money.

Lowering the minimum has the advantage as it would be seen to be more inclusive of the support, as already mentioned particularly at this time of year, they could also maybe do it if it is thought to be oversubscribed and were confident of getting the full amount, but this would be a gamble.

The other thing is as well, if they change tack and decide on a lower minimum it could be seen as a sign of weakness on the uptake, which wouldn't be good to go towards flotation.

So it will all depend on what Capita are telling CG, so think gonna have to wait a bit longer rather than relying on hints from the RST

An IPO for a football club is not like a normal company flotation.

Where supporters are involved, the vast majority will simply go for the minimum investment. You want a bit of the Club, that's it. It's a bit like buying a bit of the pitch, you want a piece of the turf, not the whole pitch.

If Green reduces the minimum price then the Club will raise less from the fans, it's that simple. 10,000 fans paying £500 is far better financially than 20,000 paying £50.

I suspect the RST "hints" are the prelude a new scheme similar to their previous buy-in where you join the RST which then holds the shares on behalf of all the members.